My collection of DVD´S. Whats yours

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

My collection of DVD´S. Whats yours

Post by fredriksam »

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lol :o
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:o Holy s***! And I thought I had a ton of dvds!
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Damn, big collection... I've only got about... Like... Half that. A little less. You've got a few random ones in there.

Ohh... You aren't American/from an English-speaking country! Was confused there for a second. Couldn't figure out why some of the DVDs had obviously different names, and the only two I noticed at first were labeled "Djungel George" and "Boog and Elliot". Again, nice collection, it's huge.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o No way in hell I can't compare even by a lil :P :Jester3:
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

:o :jawdrop:
And I thought I had a lot of DVDs
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I hadn't even tried to lay mine on the floor like that... I dunno where I would lay them to begin with. :o but your collection is very impressive indeed, 8)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Nice to see I'm not the only one who tries to keep them in alphabetical order.

I don't have any pictures of mine and I have probably thirty five at most...maybe only one third of those actually being mine. The rest are my mates. However some of mine include:

Pans Labyrinth, Harry Potter Series, X Men, Big Fish, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Jurassic Park collection, Fred Astaire/Ginger Rodgers collection, Batman Begins, Firefly collection, Count of Monte Cristo, Easter Parade, the Simpsons, Merlin (tv series), Blood and Chocolate, Treasure Planet and Planet Earth.

And we have a big list of movies we have to buy. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

And I thought I had a small collection of DVDs before I saw this.

I don't have a camera available at the moment, but the whole collection doesn't even fill one shelf on a bookcase. I'll see if I can get them all together and show you what I mean some time tomorrow.

EDIT:
Maybe I just didn't see it when I went down the list, but all those DVDs and no Fight Club? For shame! :wink:
Last edited by Terastas on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

I'll have to take pictures of my collection, I just had a bamboo thing set up, so not all of my films are in order. I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Just been out and had a measure up of the shelves... I've got about a foot of music videos, about a foot of general movies, a bit under a foot of werewolf movies, about six inches of Whedon stuff, a bit over a foot of Doctor Who (all classic series, haven't bought any of the new series yet), entirely far too much anime stuff (at least half of which I haven't had time to watch yet) and a few sundry odds and sods.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

fredriksam! that dvd with the tiger on the cover! what's it about? (and please be more specific than "tigers" lotsa my friends would give that as their answer)

i keep my movies in alphabetical order, too, but i have prolly like 1/16 the dvds you gots, man.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Here's mine. They weren't originally in alphabetical order, but it only took me about five minutes to rearrange them that way.

Like I said, all on one shelf. The only thing missing was, you might have noticed, a DVD of the Lion King, which for some reason I could not find.

Yeah, I know, not a single werewolf movie: Oh for shame. :p I actually did have a few werecat movies at one point, but they were these old crappy 1940s horrors that my dad bought for Christmas to make fun of me (he doesn't know I'm a fur, but he knows I have an affinity for big cats and can't resist rubbing it in in front of anyone that wouldn't have otherwise known). I tried e-baying them a few times, now I guess they're in the basement somewhere.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

1940s werecat horror movies? Wait, you aren't referring to The Cat People as crappy, are you? I've actually heard that that one is pretty good.

Anyway, your collection is interesting because even though it's small, it's very diverse.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:1940s werecat horror movies? Wait, you aren't referring to The Cat People as crappy, are you? I've actually heard that that one is pretty good.

Anyway, your collection is interesting because even though it's small, it's very diverse.
That was one of them, but I wouldn't say it was pretty good. Not even by 1940s standards.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

There is a remake of The Cat People, but that sucked as well :P
Dot and the Kangaroo 8) I need to find Dot and the Bunny, I loved that one as a kid :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:1940s werecat horror movies? Wait, you aren't referring to The Cat People as crappy, are you? I've actually heard that that one is pretty good.

That was one of them, but I wouldn't say it was pretty good. Not even by 1940s standards.
Was another one of them the sequel Curse of the Cat People?

And what exactly do you mean, not even by '40s standards? I'd say standards were quite a bit higher then. It's not like they had much of a choice when it came to production values (especially with a B-movie like Cat People), but the focus was more on story, and you'd never have seen Epic Movie get the #1 box office spot back then. I'm not saying all the movies were better (it was actually probably the same ratio we have now), just that the general population had better tastes. I'm not attacking your tastes in movies, by the way (you have Citizen Kane in your DVD collection, leading me to believe that I misinterpreted your point, anyway). Just most people's. Well... Either that or I'm overestimating the population of the '40s.

As for Cat People, although you say it's bad, I think I'll still give it a shot. Again, not an attack on you, but I got the recommendation out of the Stephen King book Danse Macabre (although the IMDb score is nothing to scoff at, either), and he came up with a pretty damn good list in there. Although... He did say that Corman's The Terror was better than Corman's Little Shop of Horrors, the former being a boring s***-pile that no one even bothered to keep in good condition for later releases and the latter being an alright B-movie that was shot in about two days yet still came out better than The Terror, so who knows, maybe I will think it sucks.

Fun fact: Both The Terror and Little Shop of Horrors featured Jack Nicholson in early roles, as a bit part in Little Shop of Horror and as the star of The Terror... His voice changed a lot between then and actual stardom.
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I mean I don't think I'd have enjoyed it even if I was the type that naturally liked old-timey horror movies. It wasn't "so bad it's good," it just wasn't good.

Then again, maybe I'm biased because, like I said, it was a joke gift.

And yeah, Curse of the Cat People was the second. I think the third was The Leopard Man.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Also, the remake, made in the late 80's or early 90's. It could of been a lot better than what it was.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, that one I heard sucked. Didn't they make it a gore film or something?
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow I only have like a quarter of that stuff. I showed post up mines soon. :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

This person owns a few films.

I have no need to own even a fraction of that amount, if I was playing movies twenty four hours a day and it would take two years to view each film, I would have too many.
Last edited by Xiroteus on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

:o 2 whole years...i think that you have to many films then :lol:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.