Werewolves with dyed hair?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Spike_Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Lord Wolf

Werewolves with dyed hair?

Post by Spike_Wolf »

what if a lycanthrope dyed his hair in his human form then changed would his hair still be dyed
Denn du bist was du isst
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

No, hair color would be determined by genetic data. Hair dye just puts a layer of color over your hair.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

ravaged_warrior wrote:No, hair color would be determined by genetic data. Hair dye just puts a layer of color over your hair.
jup i think so too...the Basic Haircolor will come back after every shapeshift
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Maybe there'd be a splotch of dye on his head, where his hair would be in his human form. So the rest of his coat would be fine, but for that.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Depends on whether the Wulf retains his/her Human hair or not.
If yes, then the dyejob would still be there, a splotch as already said.
If no (or the Wulf fur grows over the Human hair) then no.
Remember, dye is a coating over the hair. It will fade and fall out eventually.
Better to ask: If a Were' had a body-dye job, what would happen to it?
(I think the skin would turn that color, myself). :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

*mental image of a werewolf wearing a bad toupee...* :lol: :lol:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

RedEye wrote:Better to ask: If a Were' had a body-dye job, what would happen to it?
(I think the skin would turn that color, myself). :lol:
Depends on whether or not they absorb the hair back into thier bodies when they shift back. That's the annoying thing about discussing things like this, the whole "depends on the werewolf" thing.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: ok i looked but did not find one like this

Post by Figarou »

ok i looked but did not find one like this
Spike_Wolf wrote:what if a lycanthrope dyed his hair in his human form then changed would his hair still be dyed

yes...its been mentioned. I can't remember which thread though.
Spike_Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Lord Wolf

Post by Spike_Wolf »

oh ok well I looked to make sure and I did not find it so sorry :cry:
Denn du bist was du isst
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Spike_Wolf wrote:oh ok well I looked to make sure and I did not find it so sorry :cry:
That's ok.

I think someone asked about the tattoos as well. :wink:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Perhaps it will only show up in wolf/werewolf form if they want it to. :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I started thinking about this and my head almost exploded. There's just so many directions one can go.

So the werewolf with head fur a different color on the tips....kinda punky or goth depending on the color. Think about the body art aspect of it. Weres that dye their hair in human form, including the hair on their arms and legs, just so it looks a certain way in Gestalt or wolf form. And if tattoo hair grew out to be the color of the tattoo ....the thing about shaving a design into your hair cut would be tame.

And what about fingernail polish? Or eyeshadow? Some pretty freaky weres out there.

Personally, I go with the theory that the hair grows out so the under layer of fur will always be the right color. Nails fall out and re-grow (fake nails would get expensive...) . The hair that I've seen growing out of tattos on someone's head, is the same color as the rest of their hair. So it would not make any difference.

Makeup would get covered by the facial hair... so in the end it wouldn't make a difference.

Now, what if you got your hair dyed as a werewolf? What would it look like when you shifted back?
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I suspect that if it's the Hair (as the stuff that hangs out on one's head), unless that also grew along with the Fur...it'd stay the same.
Green Spike-haired Werewolves, anyone? (With the obligatory navel ring, natch.) :roll:

Hmmm....what if you ran into a Were' with a tongue piercing complete with the ball? What if you recognized the ball? What if SHE made a pass at your Girlfriend-or Boyfriend??? :femshft

The possibilities are endless... :lol:
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Hair dye applied to one form, followed by a shift, would in my storyline's lycanthropes lead to the hair either falling out or the lycanthrope getting poisoned as the hair retracted into the body--mostly bits of both. Careful selection of the right products could allow one to have wild hair styles followed by temporary tattoos, and less than bright young lycanthropes might use spray-and-shift techniques as a way of getting high. Or, militant anti-lycanthropy individuals might spray on lead-based paint in protest. (Yet another way for said persons to reduce their life expectancy) Death or substantial injury by these methods are rare, as the body does a good job ripping off and rejecting contaminated hairs. But, it's a good way to get very skinny and starved rather quickly--something you don't want to be if you're still getting used to living with lycanthropy.

By the way, to those who've actually read my works and wondered (yeah, both of you), Elodea Taylor wears hair extenders to get the vertical halo and long ponytail look. It's tied in, and can be unfastened in about a minute. A sudden shift will cause the hair to rip off, but it only hurts briefly. She uses all natural organic products with trace herbal scents--no perfumes--to go with it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

Kelpten wrote:Maybe there'd be a splotch of dye on his head, where his hair would be in his human form. So the rest of his coat would be fine, but for that.
I agree with you and RedEye :|
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yes, I agree with you Mostiewolf. Becasue if a werewolf died their hair a different color, say red as th example before, and their body hair was a different color, say like blonde. Then the werewolf in wolf form would have a head that is red and a body that is blonde. Which, I think, would not look very good at all.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Depends on the method used to transform.

Biological methods being:

Grow out: in which case you would have the wolf form's fur color, or if that is based on the human's hair color, that color with tips the color of the eye. Unless head hair is kept.

Shed: we have seen full body skin shed, and just head hair shed, in which case the dye would fall off, and when regrown for transforming back have the natural color. Unless its the special type of regrowing that remembers the hair style and length in which case it could have a bio-nanite design where pigmentations are kept from human memory base to recreate the dye color naturally. In which case after your first transformation the color wouldn't be dye but an adaptive design meant to hide your true nature.

The latter part of the above can also be magical in origin.

Magic also has the polymorph: in which case its code memory so what ever you looked like regardless of tatoos, or hair dye, and as seen often even clothing and jewelry somehow. Can switch.

Of course there is also the body switch, the person has two bodies, at any given time one is stored in a mystical void (sub-space dimension pocket for the sci-fi crowd) so when transforming the two switch. Which is the whole puff of smoke, magical energy version of it where a person just magically changes place with an animal form.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

This isn't exactly about Dyed hair...but what about Dreadlocks on a Were'? And I don't just mean the head...
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

a were-dog of this breed would be funny to see

when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

RedEye wrote:This isn't exactly about Dyed hair...but what about Dreadlocks on a Were'? And I don't just mean the head...
That would look pretty cool :D The 'mane' on the back of their neck and head would be dreads with regular wolf fur everywhere else. For body dreads, they would need long fur and to stay in gestalt form for a while. Shifting back would most likely tear the body-fur dreads off though...

And that dog is disgusting looking :P Looks like a molten-s*** monster :wink:

And on topic, I agree that dyed human hair would most likely stay in were-form. Proably would move down further back the head and/or on the fur tips...I dunno...