Wolf Lake is Back Again

The place for anything at all...
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Wolf Lake is Back Again

Post by Sebiale »

I didn't see it anywhere else using the search function, so here goes.
On July 13th, 2007, 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time Zone, the TV series 'Wolf Lake' will begin airing once more, now on the Sci Fi channel, it should continue to air each consecutive friday for two weeks.
07/13/2007, 08:00 PM, MEAT THE PARENTS
07/20/2007, 08:00 PM, THE CHANGING
07/27/2007, 08:00 PM, SOUP TO NUTS
Strangely enough, after that it appears that SciFi intends to stop airing it. I would have to guess that they're going to see if it catches on, and if it does they will start airing it once again at a later date.

If you want verification on showtime, here's a link:
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index. ... &feed_req=

For any more information you may want on the show Wolf Lake itself, here's another link:
http://www.scifi.com/wolflake/

(Normally I would also suggest werewolf-movies.com, but that site was recently refurbished, and Mr. Clay has yet to bring all the info back up)
Last edited by Sebiale on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Oh, cool. I might check that out.

Wait... Werewolf-Movies.com has started getting updated again? Awesome! I assume this is it?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

That's the right site, probably one of the best collections of Werewolf movies and Tv series on the net.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's just getting syndicated. You got me all worked up. I'll be more interested if they'll actually commission new episodes, or at least if they release the thing on DVD. (I know, there's bootlegs, but I mean legally.) Still, at least someone besides us and John Stewart is acknowledging that it ever existed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Wolf Lake is probably being treated so cautiously because of it's bad history with ratings, seeing as it has aired twice before, both times never really catching on. Though a large part of the reason it probably didn't pick up in 2001 was because it aired only six days after 9/11/01, people weren't really paying much attention to the TV then except to keep the News channel on as much as they could.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Ohh damnit, this looks interesting. Sadly, I doubt that will absolutely never get to here in Finland.

*whines something about nothing good never finding it's way to here, then continues on one of his rpg-thingies like nothing happened*
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Here you go, FoxOfWar. Seeing it on TV would be better, but hey, it's better than just not seeing it.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Here you go, FoxOfWar. Seeing it on TV would be better, but hey, it's better than just not seeing it.
Thanks! :D
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

GDI! Of course I'll miss the first ep...comes on while I'll be at work :( Wish it would repeat like shows usually do. :|

May miss the second one too. That'll be the night the new Harry Potter book will come out. I'm supposed to go to a bookstore party thing with some others. And yes, I know I'm a dork :wink:

Wish these things would come on more than once :|
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Will do. I'll wrestle the TV from my girlfriend's parents.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Friday, July 13th-just after the first episode

Post by RedEye »

Wolf Lake. A love story, with Werewolves (sort of).

First, it's slow. Slow as in Motion Picture pacing, slow. Second, it's as transparent as they come: Wolf Lake, populated by a few Smoothies and a whole bunch of Werewolves...sort of.

Why the "Sort OF" comment? Well, these Were's are semi-citified, living in the named town rather than wandering around in torn clothing and attacking the Hero of the piece. They don't appear to have a Gestalt form, for them it's either Smooth or Full Wolf, no stopping partway. Yes there is some bit with yellow eyes and one girl developed some really big teeth...but it seems to be more a matter of being caught in the middle of something, rather than being an upright Wolf.
Then, there is the Lost Love of the Hero, who is the daughter of the town Rich guy and Alpha, and seems to be stuck in the form of a White Wolf b**** as a permanent sort of arrangement.
That's what I mean by "sort of". It's a series of pretty formula stuff, only the Were's aren't immune to drugs here. That's new.
Right now, just after the show, I can see some interesting potentials; but-
1. It's slow...( I said that already)
2. There are at least three main threads of story, and that complicates things. Maybe too much...?
3. There is a strong sense of Knotts Landing or All my Children that the story really doesn't need. There is enough conflict without the Soap opera stuff; and the Teen Makeout implications. They don't do anything for the story but clutter it up-and make it drag along.
It could be very good if it moved just a teensy bit faster, and was a little less artsy. Even though it was made in the early part of the century-2001 to be precise-there were better special effects back then than have so far been seen.
Nonetheless, I LIKE it. It has potential, but unless it has more than three episodes; it's going to be a dissapointment. This was supposed run longer than the three episodes offered. Still, It's well enough done that it's worth watching, even with the slowness, the extras, and the overly complex plot with soap opera overtones.
I'll be watching next week-for certain. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Hey, RedEye. If they don't play longer than three weeks, there's always the site I posted earlier. Still only nine episodes, though.
-Jack Handey