The place for anything at all...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Too much spare time :P

Post by Morkulv »

I've been having awfull lot of spare time lately, so I began creating some music on my PC with some software. And it turned out quite cool really. :D

The song isn't anything metal or loud like you'd expect from me, but its a ambient song with programmed keys and orchestra. :) Tell me what you think about it.

http://media.putfile.com/Too-much-spare-time-P

Also, if you like I could give you some pointers if you are also using FruityLoops or other kind of musicsoftware. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

Pretty good. At the beginning, I thought it was going to be one of those songs with a sad, yet somewhat calming tone to it. I'm looking forward to hear what you make next.

I have a bit of music software, but they're all for MIDIs and are rather simple. Babya Logic is very limited, but it's something almost anybody can use. Anvil Studio is a little harder to use than Babya Logic, but can do quite a bit more.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah, somehow all my compositions kinda end up with a doomy atmosphere. :P I was kinda aiming at a atmosphere simular to that of the band Burzum (if you don't know Burzum, see if you can listen to the album Hlidskjalf).

I used FruityLoops for that song, but I pretty much use everything I can get my hands on. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Wow for real Mork that's great. Forgive me for being wild with my words an such, but this would be something I could see playing at either the beginning of a movie or at the end.. It's really nice Mork seriously :howl:  :oo
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

:D That's really great Morkulv! I like it a lot
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thanks. :D I was affraid that the piano-tune would make the song too goth-like, but it didn't turn out that way too much I believe.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Dang, dude...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Is that considered bad or good? :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Wow for real Mork that's great. Forgive me for being wild with my words an such, but this would be something I could see playing at either the beginning of a movie or at the end.. It's really nice Mork seriously :howl:  :oo
*nods* That was my first thought too -- that I could picture this being on the Freeborn soundtrack.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Wow, thats a real compliment! Thanks! :o
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Morkulv wrote:Is that considered bad or good? :P
Yeah, that my way a sayin' "wow, good job." I don't hand those out casually...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, nice work! This is the kind of music I love to listen to. I didnt think youwere interested in this genre. Great Job! I agree with Joker! This is grade A stuff, enough to hear in movies, or a high budget game of some sort. :o 8)

now comes the big question....dun dun Duuun! "Could I download it?"
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WhitePaw

Post by WhitePaw »

cute
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Quite impressive, Morkulv. After hearing this, my initial skepticism has been silenced. You exceeded my expectations.

Great job, and if you could, please make more.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Damn, I never thought people would like it to be honest, but now I'm gonna continue this for sure. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

As suggested by Shadow Wulf: http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=22D9OJBF

Now downloadable. :D

I'm now planning on doing a cover of Burzum's 'Der Tod Wuotans', wich is probably the best ambient-song I've ever heard. I'm curious on how it will sound with full orchestra and such, instead of midi. :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Sweet, thanks Morkulv.

You should also try on your next music to sound more epic if you know what I mean. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'll see what I can do. :)

I already created the intro to my Der Tod Wuotans-cover, but now my software is kinda bitching and breaking my balls, so I'm gonna reinstall everything.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Have you heard of Rob Dougan? You should listen to some of hes music. Im a big fan of him. :D
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WOW!! :o I'm glad you did. Thanks Mork an ShadowWulf for the suggestion :Jester3: Can't wait to see wat you come up with next :jester:
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Oh sweet! Thanks a lot Morkulv and Shadow Wulf for the suggestion! :D
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Today I made a small digital cover of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, with a little twist of my own. :D Its a bit experimental towards the end, and I included a drumcomputer to make the song a little more spicy (even though I may have overused the hi-hat a little too much IMO). Also, I focussed a lot more on the piano instead of the orchestra, much like the original.

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=5YRGKGH8

Enjoy.