Resident Evil:Extintion

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Resident Evil:Extintion

Post by LightPaws »

Not a big fan of the movies, but apparently this one will have more characters from the game. I'm also glad that Carlos does NOT end up with Jill because chris is much better for her. And, YAYZ! The crows! The Crows are in this movie1 And Claire! Claire is too!

The Trailer:
http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinv ... extinction
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Wait, so the entire world is going to be infected in this one, right? Doesn't that completely contradict Resident Evil 4? The infection was limited to Raccoon City, wasn't it?

Maybe RE5 will tie this together, because I thought the movies and games took place in the same timeline...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LightPaws »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Wait, so the entire world is going to be infected in this one, right? Doesn't that completely contradict Resident Evil 4? The infection was limited to Raccoon City, wasn't it?

Maybe RE5 will tie this together, because I thought the movies and games took place in the same timeline...
Well, remember, the movies didn't really stick to the games in the first place.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah that pissed me off. I wait for it as a rental.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

...but this one has albert wesker....so I'am gonna go.....coincidently dressed as him *shifty eyes*
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LightPaws »

Fenrir wrote:...but this one has albert wesker....so I'am gonna go.....coincidently dressed as him *shifty eyes*
Weskie-poo! I wuv my Weskie-poo! Yeah, only reason I'm going as well.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:...but this one has albert wesker....so I'am gonna go.....coincidently dressed as him *shifty eyes*
Wesker? Wesker!! That mother f***ing triple crossing, backstabbing bastard of a person Wesker! That guy makes me angry!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Was Milla Jovovitch using kukhri knives in the trailer?
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LightPaws »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Wesker? Wesker!! That mother f***ing triple crossing, backstabbing bastard of a person Wesker! That guy makes me angry!!
I hear Chris is going to be in it, and that Leon Kennedy and Billy Coen will have cameos.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The second one, as a movie itself, it was pretty good. But It got me mad how they obliterated the entire timeline, and the fact that they had the dropping gun move from Code Veronica got on my nerves.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

The second one was a action-movie, and that doesn't fit a name like Resident Evil IMO.

Its like taking Hellraiser and create a action-flick out of it. It just doesn't work.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah I know what you mean. Like I said as a movie itself its alright, but translation from the game is sucks.
Image Image
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LightPaws »

IMHO, the first two were like fanfics. Took the oriinal story, and stuck in an uber Mary Sue.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

LightPaws wrote:IMHO, the first two were like fanfics. Took the oriinal story, and stuck in an uber Mary Sue.
That pretty much sums it up.
Image Image
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LightPaws »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
LightPaws wrote:IMHO, the first two were like fanfics. Took the oriinal story, and stuck in an uber Mary Sue.
That pretty much sums it up.
The fact that most of the cast members were fans of the game kinda makes it a bit funnier. They've all played the game at least once. Except Sienna Gullory(Sp?) she cheated, made her friends play it and watched.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I never liked that any game based movie stuck to the games, but sometimes it works..Gotta agree with mork, the 2nd one was quite the disappointment.. :P
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

er...i just wanna see it
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Resident Evil Extinction was a joke.... nah I'm kidding, was pretty bangin, if your a fan of Resident Evil the games and the movies. So I was just excited to watch it, but the only thing that sucked is when my friend spilled my drink all over the place when we sat down, and it was funny.
"lolis"
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Wait, so the entire world is going to be infected in this one, right? Doesn't that completely contradict Resident Evil 4? The infection was limited to Raccoon City, wasn't it?

geez...i forget the first 3 games...i really need to play em again...

no where to buy and get the money for em... hmmm

well i remeber loving the 4th one! :P

now to buy the other ones again...

anyway...

Im definatly going to go see this movie! IT LOOKS KICK a**!!!

and I think its a nice touch that there in the desert...no hope really and all the zombie dudes closing in
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING.....enough said now go see it
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I rather liked it. there's a bit more I want to say as to "why" but.. that would be spoilers and nobody wants that. ^-^;; so yeah as a movie in itself it's good. it's always been like as mentioned earlier a fan-fic feeling but now it's more like I dunno.. maybe the ultimates comic series with a resident evil setting. *shrug*
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

YEA!!!

GOING TO SEE IT TOMORROW!!!

hey...i kinda remember the jist of the first movies...

anyone wanna refresh my memory on the movies please???

chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

Templar wrote:Was Milla Jovovitch using kukhri knives in the trailer?
I'd say "yes". Don't hold me to that though, cuz my knowledge of knives is......limited. But they sure looked like 'em to me. As far as the movie goes, I really liked it. Definately one of the best horror/action/post-apocalyptic/zombie/monster/kung fu movies I've seen.
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I watched it.....um yesterday of today. At 9:25 pm, I enjoyed it. At least it is mostly true to the game, expect that the movie was kind of short and some scenes dragged on.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/