Individuality

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Post by LightPaws »

I think a werewolf pack wouldn't take away the individuality. In fact, in my opinion, individuality can strengthen the pack. Each member would have something to distinguish themselves, weither it be their sense of humor, the fact that they're not even canine, and even purple fur.

They work as a unit, but they can make their own descisions, like your descision to use big words to confuse me on purpose.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

wolf4life wrote:so isnt the whole point of everyones speaking to say that no matter what, who, or...well yea whatever you are...you have individuality?
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life wrote:
wolf4life wrote:so isnt the whole point of everyones speaking to say that no matter what, who, or...well yea whatever you are...you have individuality?
You made your point, no need to put it twice, mmk? Especially if all you do is quote one of your previous posts and that's it.
Last edited by Spongy on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

wolf4life wrote:

Get off the board, you're cluttering it up.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

bring it on buddy!!!

*does weird karate move thing*
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:bring it on buddy!!!

*raises eyebrow*
Do you know how easily I could kick your sorry a**?
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

*sigh*

dont be afraid...

but im to immature as most people call me, to stand around and fight...instead...im going to go make a sandwhich

*stomach gurgles* im hungry...

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:*sigh*

dont be afraid...

but im to immature as most people call me, to stand around and fight...instead...im going to go make a sandwhich

*stomach gurgles* im hungry...
I fear only one thing, and you aren't it by far.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

so....i can admit to fears...though you......well i would say something but then it would cause a fight and im eating....

Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life wrote:so....i can admit to fears...though you......well i would say something but then it would cause a fight and im eating....
It sounds like your trying to say that Tobias can't admit his fears. Maybe you didn't read his post properly.
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:so....i can admit to fears...though you......well i would say something but then it would cause a fight and im eating....
You saying I can't?
Try reading my post again. It says that "I fear only one thing, and you aren't it by far.". Last time I checked, that was an admission of fear. Not of you, though.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

one thing to fear??? right well... *sigh*

i really hate fighting and argueing....it always makes me feel.....well lets just put it at that

have fun with your thoughts.....i know the ones in my head will stay up there

Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

You stated something you hated, not feared. And you're the one talking about "admitting your fears". Hating something and fearing something is completely different.
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

spongypants23 wrote:You stated something you hated, not feared. And you're the one talking about "admitting your fears". Hating something and fearing something is completely different.
Well spoken.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

techniqually i ment feared whether you got that or not....

and techniqually and legally i really could careless what you guys think of me because heres a shocker! i dont even know you! ok....bye bye!

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:techniqually i ment feared whether you got that or not....

and techniqually and legally i really could careless what you guys think of me because heres a shocker! i dont even know you! ok....bye bye!
Could you please try and type with a bit better spelling?
And tell us what you meant the first time, we don't read your mind.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

TobiasTheReaper wrote:

*raises eyebrow*
Okay internet toughguy, calm down before the mods get angry. spongypants23's post regard wolf4life's second post was more reasonable, your's was like, an outright flame.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

does no one get me!

im not mad...im not trying to cause a fight...im not doing anything..........

cant i just be weird?

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

Aki wrote:
TobiasTheReaper wrote:

*raises eyebrow*
Okay internet toughguy, calm down before the mods get angry. spongypants23's post regard wolf4life's second post was more reasonable, your's was like, an outright flame.
Hey, we solved the problem. If you'd like, I can make a full and sincere apology.
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:does no one get me!

im not mad...im not trying to cause a fight...im not doing anything..........

cant i just be weird?
No, don't worry, it's all ok. And as for your weirdness *two thumbs up*
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

thank you!

*falls over asleep*

im tired....goodnight!

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Someone with quite the knowledge wrote:In your average canine biology, it breaks down like this...

Packs are led by the alpha male and female, and these two affect all activity in the pack to some extent. In most larger packs there are two separate hierarchies in addition to an overbearing one: the first consists of the males, led by the alpha male, and the other consists of the females, led by the alpha female. In this situation, the alpha male was originally assumed to be the "top" alpha, but biologists have since concluded that alpha females can, and sometimes do take control over entire packs. The male and female hierarchies are interdependent (meaning that, while able to exist on their own, there's a mutual push and pull), and are maintained constantly by aggressive and elaborate displays of dominance and submission.

After the alphas comes the betas. They're the "second-in-command." Betas typically assume a more prominent role in assisting with the upbringing of the alpha pair's litter, often serving as surrogate mothers or fathers while the alpha pair is away. Betas are also the most likely to challenge their superiors for the role of the alpha, though some betas seem content with being second, and will sometimes even let lower ranking wolves leapfrog them for the position of alpha should circumstances necessitate such a happening, such as the death of the alpha. More ambitious beta wolves, however, will only wait so long before contending for alpha position unless they choose to disperse and create their own pack instead.

From there, the pack roles can really be split into "hunting party" and "camping party." Some will accompany the other wolves on the hunt, others will sit tight with the young, hold down the fort, teach the cubs to do various things, etc.

That brings us to the Omegas, which are basically there to keep the other wolves happy. They're essentially fuzzy whipping sticks. Anyone has a gripe? Take it out on the Omega. For wolves, anything is better than solitude, which is why seeing a lone wolf basically means that there's something horribly wrong with it.

Anyway, there you have it.
In other words, the idea of a werewolf pack more comparable to a cult can be quite laughable. lol.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Sorry if i repeat something.
I don't always have time to read all the posts.
Don't have a computer with the internet at home.
Anyway, Cumulus, i would actually think, and this is my view, that being a werewolf would increase you individualtiy. Kind of like the werewolf ability giving your darker side more power. (Kinda like me. :D )
Yeah, actually. It would deal with being in a pack society yes, but i think it would be a bit difficult to maintain it. After all, if a human doesn't like being told what to do, how will a werewolf feel about being forced to do what their told? Crap, my train of thought just derailed. Uuuuuhhhh! Anyway, what i was trying to say, is that werewolfism would give the gifted, (anyone say afflicted and i will track you down.) {Muzzled seconds later. Glares at human} more of an ability to express themseves. Human's have all this crap they have to deal with: religion, ethics, morals, etc. that prevent someone from someone else yes, but restricts the rest of humanity. As one former teacher stated, {pries off muzzle} (He's giving you the gist. He'd have to go back through his notes to find what the guy actually said.) school creates the perfect workforce, because it erases (TRIES to erase, my friend) any indivduality. Being a werewolf, would kind of make you see things in a different light. You'd no longer be restricted as the rest of humanity, {clears throat} alright, the rest of the world, but would still be keeping the moral stuff: "Don't kill, don't steal, etc"
(We hope that makes sense. Most likely, it doesn't.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I think that perhaps there might be some confusion with pack, pack mentality, and individuality.

In my humble opinion, you can certainly be a werewolf and retain your individuality. Wolves in a pack don't necessarily have pack mentality. Those who study packs note that wolves are very much individuals. They are united in their need to survive, and in their desire to be with their lifelong companions. They don't always agree in where they are going or what is the best game to hunt, and there are certainly disagreements among members.

Because we are individuals, we choose to deal with the secret of our existence in different ways (we choose to deal with a LOT of things different ways)

Take a look at the individuals in the Pack. We got more variety than Baskin Robins.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

*Cheers Silver*

Finally somebody speaking sense.

The label of "Pack Menatlity" IMHO, is an oxymoronic statement, since common use of the term creates a concept more like a beehive or anthill, wherein the individuals are merely parts of a singular composite mentality, unlike any Wolf Pack (or Dog Pack) I've ever seen.
Wolf packs are like a continuous arguement over everything-until there's trouble-then all the Wolves come together as One Wolf to protect or avenge- as needed.

We are Wolves; Wulfen... Remember September Tenth, 2001? September Eleventh,2001? September Twelfth, 2001? We were arguing as usual, then we were attacked for no good reason. Then, sudddenly we all became One Angry Nation-looking for vengeance.
Wulfen behavior. Our Pack was hurt, members killed. We still seek vengeance on those responsible-even today.
Tell me again, tell me again; there are no Wolves hidden in Human skin... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...