Meditation

The place for anything at all...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

that means im getting close to my goals 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

What is your goal then?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

And remember, Lukas, sometimes the path is part of the goal; the journey is part of the destination.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

my goal is my goal, get to the end and enjoy my path thats all
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Meditation

Post by Herpscott »

Morkulv wrote:... And I don't mean funking yoga or something. :P Just regular simple meditation.

I tried it out a couple of weeks ago and I must say I really enjoyed it. It was kinda weird though because the ambient-music playlist I made (calming music stimulates the meditation) was just at the last thing when I 'woke up'. Weird...

I can recommend it to any therian or other were-type and otherkin though, since it could help you with your search to your 'inner wolf' (without sounding too much like funking boeddha here or something :P).

Anyways, I just wanted to share this. :D
What's wrong with yoga? Besides the fact that it is clinged to by yuppies, know-it-alls, douche bags, etc. :P

There are many varieties of yoga. May I suggest Hatha Yoga for anyone that wants to meditate. Afterall, the biggest part of having succesful meditation sessions, is relaxation. And that is what hatha yoga is for. It's also good at making you flexible.

Has anyone used a guided meditation? There are some good ones out there!

I think I need to get back into meditation. I wonder if I would let it help moderate the stress from my job.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yoga is just not the kind of meditation I was aiming at. In my opinion, a good meditation has to be comfortable for your body and relaxed and not in all sorts of freaky positions.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Morkulv wrote:Yoga is just not the kind of meditation I was aiming at. In my opinion, a good meditation has to be comfortable for your body and relaxed and not in all sorts of freaky positions.
Ahh. I see.

When I did hatha yoga, the idea was to meditate in a comfortable position after the session. The yoga postures were to get you relaxed and breathing correctly, and then we laid back to meditate. IT was sweet because there wasn't a conscious effort to breathe the best way, your body was already doing that. It was easy to relax because the postures put strain on your muscles and tired them out. It was a great experience, I wish I would get back into it. And I recommend it to anyone that is interested in core strength.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

i reached a new stage in my meditation last night, i can now sorta go trance for short periods of time with my eyes open, and i think i can now start scraping at outer regions of my inner mind(mostly in the back if you know what i mean :oops: )
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

hey ummm...

can anyone else here like....meditate like...at anytime they want????

Bescause well strangely....if I focus my mind during...well anytime at all really...I can go into a trance like state and meditate like right there...
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
captdecoy
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by captdecoy »

Here's one really simple meditation technique used for martial arts. I's called autogenic or combat breathing. It's used to relax before practice or combat, because tense muscles, jittery nerves, and high heart rate act against smooth, correct, and fast technique.

It goes like this:

Sit or lie in a comfortable position

Breath in slowly and deeply through your nose for 4 counts. Imagine that your breathing in cool blue fog that's swirling through your lungs and tumbling throughout your body

Hold your breath four 4 counts. Imagine that blue fog cooling and calming you.

Breath out slowly through your mouth for 4 counts. Imagine the blue fog now exiting red, having collected all the tension and stress collected throughout your body.

Hold your breath for 4 counts and repeat the cycle, as many times as you think you need.

There is a direct link between breathing rate and heart rate. This technique has been shown by studies to reduce your heart rate when stressed.

BTW, Someone told me that the werewolf background collection I uploaded is partially corrupted. Here's a fixed upload. A nifty wallpaper changer utility is included which is highly customizable.

Ww.Zip by Bigupload.Com
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

BTW, Someone told me that the werewolf background collection I uploaded is partially corrupted. Here's a fixed upload. A nifty wallpaper changer utility is included which is highly customizable.

Ww.Zip by Bigupload.Com
Thanks, I got about fifteen megabytes in the first download.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

wolf4life wrote:hey ummm...

can anyone else here like....meditate like...at anytime they want????

Bescause well strangely....if I focus my mind during...well anytime at all really...I can go into a trance like state and meditate like right there...
Possible. My friend can also go in trance whenever he wants to.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

hey, someone people can even meditate while walking!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

There's some very cool active meditation techniques coming out of India. I've done a couple of them: I call them the Cobra-Crawl and the Lotus Walk.

For the former: you take a step and clap above your head simultaneously; take another step and clap at heart level simultaneously; prostrate yourself on hands, knees and belly, slide forward; stand, repeat...repeat...repeat...repeat...
There are sadhus who do this all the way between each Shiva temple on the subcontinent, including Mt. Kailasha and Nepal. They usually "cheat" and hang cardboard and wear gloves to protect their hands and undersides.

Lotus Walk: Find a mantra to chant. Chant it continuously while walking toe-to-heel, with no space between steps. Do this as long as you like.

Unfortunately, India operates at such a pace that allows for active meditations like this. Can't do it here. I was going to do it at Burning Man one of these years but I've decided I'm not going to the Burn again.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Lukas wrote:hey, someone people can even meditate while walking!

hehe...i think ive done that once or twice....people thought I was weird because I almost walked into a wall.....off the road :P
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

wolf4life wrote:

hehe...i think ive done that once or twice....people thought I was weird because I almost walked into a wall.....off the road :P
Nice. :lol:

But is that the same thing as zoning out?

I've done it before but is that considered meditation?

BTW..when I zoned...I kind of...walked into a parked car :sweatdrop:
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

i think zoning out is alot different

OMG!

YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT WITH A PARKED CAR!!!!!!!!!! :P

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

wolf4life wrote:i think zoning out is alot different

OMG!

YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT WITH A PARKED CAR!!!!!!!!!! :P
i would rather walk into a parked car then a moving one :wink:
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

:lol:

oh so true...

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

BlackWolfDS wrote:
wolf4life wrote:

Nice. :lol:

But is that the same thing as zoning out?

I've done it before but is that considered meditation?

BTW..when I zoned...I kind of...walked into a parked car :sweatdrop:
Note to self, don't meditate in public. :P
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

lol