Alone. Is it Destiny?

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Talking with my Hands Walking on my Feet

Alone. Is it Destiny?

Post by Lucerenative »

(Okay, I know I already posted once ... but I have a lot of pent up RP, and even more characters that ache to be played. It's been too long! )

::And so, the wandering male has found himself .... well ... wandering once again. Perhaps, it is his destiny. It seemed to be his Father's. Wandered so far.... it led him away from his own family. His mate. And.... his unborn children. And here. Now. It has led our hero away from the only family he has ever known ... and now he too ... is alone. Fate, seems very... predictable at times. As he walks, the muscle-bound male finds this both ironic and humorous. Perhaps it's for the best though. Looking back on his past situation.... he shakes his head. Better not to dwell on those things. Better not indeed. ::
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

(Yo. 8) care if I join the party of one?)
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

(*Cackle* Of course, you may. )
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

(yay. :D )

Not far away a female wolf is lazly sleeping of her fresh killed deer, what remains of the carcus is on her left side. Still plenty of meat and bone. Her fur is black, but in the sun theres a red hue to it. Almost like someone dunked her in blood.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::His mind on a multitude of things, the lone hunter doesn't notice the scent of fur and blood on the wind, until he has practically stumbled upon the solitary female and her recent kill. For a moment, he ponders about how he should react to this situation. The wisest decision here would be to simply turn around, melt into the thick underbrush, and disappear. Surely, he could cover his tracks and get away, should the female awake ... with a means to follow him.

And yet... he is held in place by intrigue... curiosity...and so much more ... little did he know, that by just seeing one wolf, memories of his life left behind would be thrown in his face. So much for burying the past. Another minute or two passes where he does nothing, but eventually it would appear as though he's come to a conclusion ... for he now slowly approaches the female, each step that he takes is a cautious one. Once he feels he's gotten close enough to be heard, he grunts, in an attempt to get her attention. ::
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

(ooc: mind if I join? BTW, welcome to The Pack :D )

A lone figure stumbled through the underbrush of the forest. She moved nosily, branches cracking and dried leaves crunching under her feet. It was a human. She gasped for breath, looking over her shoulders often. She obviously was trying to get some distance between her and something else. The girl, about 18 years old or so, clutched her wounded arm. Blood oozing from between her shaking fingers. She wiped some sweat and strands of her brown hair from her forehead, leaning against a massive oak tree. She tried to stop from crying, remembering what had happened hours before...She and a group of her friends were hiking...she got seperated somehow...thats when some creature attacked her. "H-had to of been a bear...' she muttered to herself. It had moved so fast, it was hard to tell what it was. She didnt even know how she escaped...she had hit it across its muzzle with a branch and ran, not before it bite off a small chunk of her arm though. It seemed she had ran for hours, and now she was totally lost. Alone and lost in a huge wilderness. She choked down another sob, getting up. 'I have to find the others...get to a doctor...' she thought. 'Before that...thing comes back' She started walking again, but had no idea if she was moving back towards civilation or even deeper into the woods...
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

(Heh, heh. Thanks! This place is fun so far! ^.^ )

::Just when the canine is about to make a second attempt at waking the sleeping wolf a mere few feet ahead of him, the tall wanderer suddenly stands completely still as the sound of branches rustling, and twigs crunching underfoot reach his sensitive ears, which twist and turn like radars atop his small, almost delicate skull. It doesn't take long for the strong canine to discern the scent of the young girl as human, and immediately his instincts take over ... although ... perhaps not the ones an individual might first suspect from a carnivore such as himself.

What is a human doing out here, this deep in the forest..? And all by herself! My goodness. Don't the humans teach their children common sense anymore? Shaking his head clear of these thoughts, the traveler hurries away from the red and black furred wolf, making a fervent prayer in his head, that she remain asleep a while longer. The last thing he needs, is for that female to sound an alarm that there is now not just one, but two intruders trespassing on Pack Land. He might be able to fend off one or two wolves, but this male is realistic, and is well aware of the consequences of trying to fight off anymore than that.

It doesn't take long for the lanky meat-eater to reach the wounded girl, but once he makes certain the teenager will be able to see him, for the moment that is as close as he will get to her. Certainly, there is no sense for him to rush up on her, obviously hurt and afraid, only to send her running off to Mother knows where. Oh, my. He suddenly realizes. It has been ages since he's used spoken language... and he's very certain this one will not be able to use his sign communications. Grunting once to himself out o frustration, he forces one word from his vocabulary bank, and thusly pushes the odd sound from between his lips. He must get her attention somehow! :: Woman. :: he says, his voice deep in his throat. Then he makes a signal, a large sweeping gesture with one arm, in an attempt to draw her closer to him.

It's all up to her now... ::
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The girl walked through the forest, unsure of what direction to go. 'Oh...what do they say to do when lost?' she thought to herself. 'Something like to stay where your at....great.' She frowned, wondering how far from the trails she had gotten when running away from that beast. Her arm didn't hurt so bad anymore for some reason. It still throbbed with pain, but nowhere near as badly as before. At least the bleeding has stopped.
Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted. She heard a noise ahead. "H-hello?" she called out. She saw a figure in the shadows and took a few steps closer. The figure said something deeply, more like a growl. "Women." Any hopes of help vanished immediately as she saw what it was. She stopped dead in her tracks at the sight before her. It was some strange looking creature, like the one that attacked her earlier. Her face drained of color as she got a good look at the creature. It was no bear. A wolf standing on its hind legs? More like a man and a wolf mixed together. The creature waved its arm, beckoning her closer. 'That...that cant be what I think it is....their is no such thing....' She wanted to move, to run away, but couldn't move. Like a bad, surreal dream. She managed to back up into a tree trunk, wide eyes never leaving the creature. She shut her eyes, "I'm hallucinating....lost too much blood..." she muttered to herself.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::Upon seeing the woman's reaction, the canine immediately comes to the conclusion that this one might not take his help willingly. Nevertheless, whether or not she believes she is hallucinating, this beast is no figment of her imagination — and neither is the seriousness of her wound. The hunter peers at the wounded girl, watches her as she backs up into the nearest tree, and decides his next course of action seconds later.

Slowly, he approaches the girl, walking upright and on padded paws, in such a way that his steps are practically silent. Finally, after he closes the gap between himself and the struggling youth (assuming she hasn't made any escape attempts), the wandering male stares down at the frightened woman, an unexpected warmth in those dark, amber hues. He is much bigger than she, over six feet in height, heavily muscled and powerful, although he retains some lankiness of his remaining adolescence. He has a deep barrel chest, and most of his upper torso is raked with long, gashes that have long since turned pink as scar tissue.

A beast, he is indeed. However, her first guess .... a werewolf ... he is not. The cast of those canine features are similar to be sure, but they are less pronounced, and his nose and muzzle are more slender than that of a wolf's. The mane fur that grows roguishly on top of his skull is much longer than a wolf's, and has been twisted into thick braids which reach down to the small of his back ... each one decorated with bits of bone, colored beads and large feathers. A rather exotic looking fellow for these parts. But why sweat the small stuff?

And so, stopped in front of the girl, he kneels in front of her ... and peers directly into her eyes.... crooning gently, as his mother had taught him, making hand gestures, even though he knows she will not understand. :: Woman hurt. ::Slowly, he finds more words, :: Need medicine. Lose much blood. ::he woofs, reaching for her arm now, to inspect the wound. His words are gentle and soothing, but there is a commanding tone to his voice, that leaves room for little argument.::
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Kaebora is leaning against a tree on a hill some distance away. He is unaware of the wolves gathering far behind him. He is also unaware of the fact his human scent is being carried downwind towards them. Watching the sunset he continues to think about the troubles of his job and family. Even on vacation he still is plagued by stress. He pulls out a canteen and sips from it. It is getting dark, and he would need to continue hiking back to his lodge soon. He has on a long, blue, but thin coat. Almost like a labcoat, but functioning as a trenchcoat. It was a bit chilly out, and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Edit:
(Er. Nevermind. Thought I had time for roleplay for once. Alas, too busy. For anyone who responded, I suppose someone can rename my character and continue for me.)
Last edited by Kaebora on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

With her eyes still squeezed shut, she slid down to the leaf covered ground. "Its not real...its not real..." she muttered shakily to herself. But when she slowly opened her green eyes again, the creature still remained. Now it padded silently over to her on its hind legs. Still in a state of shock, she sat their, frozen.
The creature was now very close, kneeling down next to her. Her wide eyes stared at him, unblinking. Her eyes took in the strange sight in front of her. The canine head, fur, tail and claws, but a human-like body...Briefly, she wondered how it had braids in its fur, with beads, bones and feathers woven in.
The strange creature, a werewolf she decided subconsciously, started making strange gestures with its clawed hands. It seemed to be trying to comfort her. It stared intently at her with warm amber eyes. Then, it reached for her wounded arm and started talking! Startled even more, she backed further away, scuttling backwards a bit until her back came up against a boulder. "W-What are y-you?" she asked hoarsely, mouth dry. A breeze started up, sending even more shivers up her spine. "What are you?!" she asked again, trying to fight down the panic rising in her. Her arm throbbed painfully with a strange tingling senstation. She felt dizzy. The girl grabbed her arm, trying to ignore it, but didnt take her eyes of the werewolf. It did not seem like it wanted to harm her, but the memory of the last creature to attack her was still strong in her mind. She didnt know what to do...
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::The canine isn't quite sure, why he feels such concern for the young woman; since really, he's never been too fond of humans .. but he wants to help her, if the spirits are willing. This time, when she attempts to back away, he times his next move just right, and makes an attempt to grab her arm, and still the flailing youth in the process. It's obvious she's delirious. He's going to have to old her still, less she aggravate her injuries, trying to get away from him. If he succeeds in this venture, he will make a quick examination of her arm, uttering a soothing murmur occasionally, which sound like a combination of rough woofs and low growls. While these verbalizations are powerful, none of them are violent, or accompanied by any sort of threatening manner.

Once the brief examination has been completed, the wild dog reaches behind him and unties the large otter fur that had been lashed to his back, and moves to drape it about the girl's shoulders. The girl has been shivering almost uncontrollably he noted, and he must make some effort to restore some of her body heat. If her temperature drops too low, it will increase her chances of going into shock, as a result of her nasty injury. And then...there is something else. He wants to communicate with her. If he can do that, and show her he means her no harm, that might help to settle her down a bit too. Pausing, he takes a minute to think, about how to begin. And then....::

Akule, ::he grumbles, pointing to himself, still watching her quietly. :: Akule, ::and again he repeats the same motion, tapping his chest, just in case she is unsure of what he is trying to tell her. Once this is finished, he motions towards himself and speaks his name a third time, before tapping her gently on the shoulder....This time he silences....his expression expectant.::
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

The female wolf watched from a distence as the Akule helped the human. She had played possum when he had tried to wake her, and then had followed him when he cought the sent of blood. She stays down wind but smells the other human male. Looking again at the two before her she, turns and joggs toward the smell, of him.

(Sorry it took so long. school and work are keeping me busy :( )
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The girl gave out a short yell of surprise as the creature lunged forward and grabbed her arm. Terrified at the thought that her throat was going to be ripped out, she grew still, cringing stiffly as the clawed hand held onto her. But when nothing happened, she realized that it was just examining her injured arm. It made strange noises that seemed to be almost comforting. She watched him with wide eyes.
To her surprise, the creature let go and took a large fur of some kind off his back. Silently, she watched as it draped the fur over her shoulders like a blanket. 'What is going on...?' she thought. She pulled the fur over her more tightly with shaking hands, not realizing how cold she had been. Then it finally dawned on her, 'Its...its trying to help me...'
She looked him over again, thinking. Suddenly, the creature started to speak again and point to itself. "Akule?" she repeated in barely a whisper. "T-that's your name then?" As it tapped her, she realized it wanted to know her name as well. "Me? Uh...my name i-is Jess...Jess," she said, tapping her own chest with a shaky finger. 'How is this possible?' she wondered, rubbing her head. Her arm throbbed painfuly, the pain radiating up her entire arm from the wound. It burned and tingled; she wondered it the creature that attacked her earlier had rabies or something. But she pushed the thoughts from her mind and focused again on the strange creature, Akule, in front of her.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::As the girl speaks his name, Akule nods his head approvingly — an expression of genuine delight flashing across his face. Her pronunciation of his name is practically perfect, and silently, the canine is both surprised and pleased by this. Not everyone is able to pronounce his name correctly the first time, if at all, and humans almost never seem to get it right. Still beaming enthusiastically, he nods his head in a solemn fashion. Even though he isn't much of an expert in regards to spoken language, he is still well-aware of the importance of name sounds. Akule understands that this is only a beginning, in trying to speak with her, but at least they have names to call each other.

Suddenly, Akule remembers that this woman still desperately needs medical attention, and immediately he gets to work. Opening up his medicine bag, (also crafted from a large otter skin), the canine hurriedly rummages through its contents, gathering the supplies he will need to attend to the girl's injury. First he takes out a simple wooden bowl, carved from a large piece of tree trunk, fire starting tools, and various pouches filled with plants ... some freshly harvested ... some dried for storage.

With the necessary items spread out before him, Akule first takes some Iris Roots, chews them into a pulp, and spits the poultice into the wooden bowl, adding some water to the mixture. Gently, but with an expertise that comes with years of experience, Akule takes an absorbent piece of deer skin, dipped in the liquid he's just prepared and washes the woman's wound. He then covers this with a few puffs of feathery down, before adding another layer of deer skin to hold the medicine in place. He smiles once, and nods his head.:: Good, ::he says, that voice primitive and guttural, but not entirely unpleasant. After the most pressing wound has been attended to, he looks her over once more, checking for any other smaller injuries she may have sustained.::: Jess? ::he asks,:: Get hurt....by....bear? ::he questions her, even though he's almost sure, that a bear is indeed the culprit for this attack.

As he waits for her response, he uses a piece of flint and some nearby tinder to get a small fire going, making sure to build a circle of stones around it to prevent it from spreading anywhere. He turns to her, shuffling about as he takes a few other things from his pouch.:: Jess hungry? Akule will cook. ::He smiles encouragingly to her. If she's anywhere as near as hungry as he is now, the idea of supper should be fairly inviting. ::
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The creature seemed very pleased when she spoke his name. He nodded his canine head, looking excited. Jess couldn't help but to smile just a little.
She was surprised one again as Akule pulled out a medicine bag and went to work on her arm. She held still while he applied the medicine and bandages. 'How can this be real? I'm I dreaming?' she wondered to herself. Akule seemed almost human.
Her arm didn't seem to hurt as much anymore, but the strange tingling sensation remained. Her thoughts were interrupted by Akule's question. "A bear?" She thought back to the attack. It had moved so fast it was hard to tell what it was."No...I don't think so," she began slowly, trying to remember. "It wasn't so bulky....it was real fast..." She glanced over at Akule, he was starting a fire. "I-I think it was some creature like you." Jess did remember the vaguely human-like shape...pointed ears...a muzzle filled with sharp fangs...
She held onto her bandaged arm, feeling scared. "Well, it couldn't of been you," she said with a weak smile. 'I cant believe I'm talking to a wolf-man..thing..whatever he is...' Jess thought. She looked over at him, seeing him smile and ask if she wanted food. Her stomach growled at the thought of food, twisting itself in knots. "Y-yeah...actually I am," she said.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::Using a pair of stones, Akule grinds a good amount of hardened dry meat, into a fine almost gritty texture. He takes note that he is dipping into his emergency rations to prepare this meal, but he overlooks this pesky little detail for the moment. He had noticed a small stream a few miles off. Perhaps later, he can take the opportunity to fish. It's been a long time since he's had a chance to eat anything fresh, other than the occasionally picked root, shoot or bud during his travels.

At the girl's mention on the appearance of her attacker, Akule stops cold, suddenly overcome with a feeling of foreboding. Certainly, the girl is too dazed to be thinking clearly, the hunter muses....in a desperate attempt to assure himself against the unthinkable. Still ... Akule bites his lip thoughtfully, and sighs. He may have to keep an eye on this woman longer than he had originally intended....if his suspicions are correct. Nevertheless, despite all of this deep thought, for the moment the male keeps his worries about the girl to himself for the time being.

Turning back to his work, he adds the few fresh vegetables he has to offer along with some water to the ground up meat. In just a short time the mixture is heated with hot stones, and Akule offers a bowl of hot, savory smelling broth to the woman. He wags his tail. It's been a long time since he's been able to prepare a meal for anyone. :: Jess....careful ... the food.... it...very hot. ::Akule somehow manages to get out a nearly complete sentence. With some practice, it may be possible for him to regain more of his speaking abilities. With great interest, he settles himself beside the woman, eying her once again like a protective mother hen, checking for any unusual signs of discomfort, or any other ailments.::

Jess, ::he begins again, pausing for an almost ridiculous amount of time, as he searches his memory bank for the proper words,:: Why are you here? Alone? ::He lapses into silence a second time, the tip of his tongue sticking out of his mouth, as he concentrates his efforts on getting more information, :: Where... family?
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Jess watched Akule thoughtfully as he prepared a soup. 'Always surprising me with something,' she thought, seeing him mix ingredients together in a wooden bowl. Is their a whole species of creatures like him?' she wondered. How could such highly intelligent wolf-like creatures remain undiscovered in this day and age though? It was amazing just how human-like these things were.
Jess scratched her arm, which now was itching along with the tingling sensation, which was now spreading. If the bandages were off, she would of seen that her wound was healing at an abnormally high rate. Not fully healed, but looking a lot better than hours before. Not to mention a few tufts of brown fur that had grown around the bite area...
In no time Akule had the soup ready, handing the bowl over to her. It smelled surprisingly good. "T-thanks," she said, he seemed to be getting more comfortable with speaking. This was his first full sentance, however primitive it was. It still felt very odd talking to a animal-like human. Even stranger having them talk back. She blew on her soup, trying to cool it down some. Jess noticed out of the corner of her eye, Akule watching her. 'What is he thinking...?' She sipped from the wooden bowl, drinking down the warm broth. Not bad. It was pretty good tasting actually.
Akule started asking her another question. She waited patiently for him to form the words and finish. "Why I'm I here? Well, um, I was with a small group of friends...we were sight seeing the state and just decided to go hiking...this is a huge protected area after all." She paused, thinking, "That was yesterday now...well, I fell behind taking pictures of the scenery. That is when I was attacked by that thing." She glanced up from her bowl to Akule. "It bit me, I hit it with a branch across its muzzle and started running...it followed me for a bit...I dont know why, but it must of let me go..." She scratched her bandaged arm again, "I got lost, and, uh, you know the rest..." Jess looked back up at him, wondering if he understood all that she said. "And my family, their back in Virginia right now..." She looked back over her shoulder, seeing the that the sun has almost set completely. She sighed, 'Everyone must be worried sick, looking for me...'
Jess turned back to Akule, her emerald green eyes now showing flecks of gold in them. "So, what about you? Where is your family Akule? And what are you exactly anyway?" she asked, trying not to worry.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::The smell of the food reminds Akule that he is hungry as well ... extremely so, and he fixes a bowl for himself. Licking his lips, he gulps the thick nourishing gruel ravenously... although he remains acutely aware of his surroundings while he eats. After he is finished with the meal, Akule listens attentively to Jess's reenactment of her attack, nodding his head and grunting occasionally. Hmmmm. Many things to think about. The itchiness of the girl's wound does not go unnoticed by the healer, but he disregards it for now. He is glad to have some good strong rope with him — he may be forced to restrain her — if his suspicions hold any merit. Hopefully, it will not come to that.

Once the girl seems finished explaining everything, Akule takes a moment to prepare some herbal tea, and cuts up a few strips of willow bark for the girl. :: Willow bark, :: he finds himself saying in an explanatory manner, :: It is good for pain. :: he notes, remembering his early days of tutoring, having to learn and catalog every manner of plant imaginable. He smiles at this, but his expression falters slightly when Jess asks him a question. Shaking his head, he sighs deeply, a great sadness settling over his eyes, dimming them in a most dreary sort of way.:: Family ... far away. Pack ... no more. Everyone leave. ::he answers plainly, unable to really communicate the story in better detail at this particular moment.

Nevertheless, despite his minimal vocabulary he tries his best to answer her next question, and make it easy to understand. It's apparent, she's never come across a creature of his kind before. :: Well, I am not a...werewolf. ::he chuckles at this, and runs sharp claws through a few unrestrained strands of mane-fur,:: This is Akule. ::The wild dog gestures to himself, before turning to the girl, :: I not change. Always look like this. But not worry. I will not hurt you.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Jess takes another sip of her broth, watching as Akule quickly slurped his down. She pulled the fur around her tighter, her skin feeling cold and clammy. She quietly watched Akule make some tea, then strip some bark off a nearby tree. She blinked as he handed it to. She held it, not sure what to do with it. 'Do I eat it?' After a moments hesitation she brought it up to her lips and took some nibbles of it. Jess notices how her question about Akule's family set him into a depression. "I-I'm sorry..." she says quietly, wondering what had happened in his past. But he didn't seem too willing to talk of the subject so she left it at that.
His next answer brought a little more information. 'So, he is a new, undiscovered species then...how many of his kind is there?' she wondered. Jess nodded with a small smile, "That's good to know," she hesitated, "Akule, uh, thank you...for everything, you have been very kind to me." She smiled again, feeling more fond of him. Jess wondered if he would be able to lead her back to town...
The strange, tingling sensation was all over now, Jess stiffled a groan, rubbing her arms. 'Must be coming down with something...I need to get back home soon...' The sun had set now, the golden-red light fading in the horizon. This would be her second night out in the woods now. The strange sensations were starting to really worry her now. Her fingertips felt tight, her teeth and face began to ache, and her tailbone started to throb. She rubbed her head, laying down. "I-I'm not feeling too great right now," she explained to Akule truthfully. Jess closed her eyes, which were now both completely golden. She wrapped the blanket tighter around her, feeling cold.
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::The more the seconds tick by, the more Akule is certain that Jess was attacked by a werewolf, and is now feeling the effects. He's unsure of whether or not there is a full moon this evening, but he supposes in the long run, that it really makes no difference. There are so many species, and sub-specie of werewolf and anthropomorphic creatures alike, that it's becoming exceedingly difficult to make any diagnosis on cases such as this one, without more information to stand on. At this point in the game, Akule has none, other than the woman's recant of her afternoon. Regardless of all that, Akule senses that if he simply lets things rest for too much longer, things may quickly get out of hand, and he's not particularly taken with that idea.

As such, Akule rests a hand on the girl's shoulder, trying his best to look reassuring ... for the thing he is about to say next, could quite possibly unsettle the girl, given her emotional state. :: Ahem, :: Akule coughs, clearing his throat, :: I do not want to make Jess afraid, ::This time he forces himself to make his sentences faster, for he has no time to dawdle now, :: But ... I think a werewolf bite. :: he gestures towards the bandage .... and for a moment ... he cannot believe his eyes. Is that fur sprouting underneath those deer hide wraps? It can't be. Shaking his head, he continues on ... trying his best to keep a sense of urgency from rising in his voice, :: You may....be feeling the effects.

::Akule swallows once, and removes the thickly braided rope from his bag, and steps closer to Jess now, determination in his eyes. He doesn't want to do it, but he prepares himself mentally, that if it comes down to it, he will force her into submission. Hopefully, there is time for him to do this in a more gentle fashion.:: Jess.... you might....be dangerous, :: he explains, holding the rope in one hand now, his grip on the corded material is firm. :: I need to ..... restrain you. :: It hurts the hunter to speak these words to a human, who probably doesn't understand at all what is going on, but he must, for both their sake. :: Do you trust, Akule? ::the native implores her, gazing once more at her with hues that give off an iridescent glow.::
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Jess layed on the leaf-covered ground, shivering violently. Her whole body hurt, she was feeling worse evey moment it seemed. All of the sun's light had now faded from the sky. Slowly the stars and the moon became more and more visible. Why was all this pain starting now, all at once? 'What's happening to me?'
Akule's hand resting on her shoulder actually brought her a bit of comfort, knowing she was not alone out here. He could help her...he seemed to know a lot about medicines and such. But what he said next evaporated all comforting thoughts she may of had. Jess opened her golden eyes again, silent for a moment. "W-What?" Werewolves? But they're just made-up monsters. No way he was right on that. She looked at Akule, the anthropomorphic canine and felt pure dread. 'If he can exist, why not any other crazy thing...?' Jess sat up, blanket falling off her shoulders. "You...you don't really think it was...what, l-like in the movies..." she shook her head, not wanting to believe it. Her eyes got wider as she saw that Akule was holding a thick rope. "Re-restrain me?" she repeated in disbelief. Subconsciously, she leaned away from him. "No...this is crazy...." Jess started to climb up, standing shakily on her two feet. "I..I trust you..." she said uncertainly, looking away from him. "But I just want go home now, I..." Suddenly a new wave of pain brought her to her knees. She let out a cry of pain followed by a gasp of pure shock. Claws were slowly forming on her bloated fingertips. It looked like the begins of paw pads of her hands...fine brown fur getting thicker and thicker on her bare arms. She looked away with much difficulty over to Akule, face completely white. "M-make it s-stop!" she stuttered out, forgetting about the rope he wanted to use on her. Her ears where stretching to points, and the fur was growing more rapidly down her back. She could feel, to her complete horror, a tail budding behind her, getting longer with each passing second. The pain was only second to the pure panic and fear that she felt. She let out a whining noise as her face cracked, a small muzzle beginning to form. She felt her face, starting to hyperventilate. "A-Akule! Help!" she managed to gasp out as the transformation slowly but steadily worked itself over her body...
Lucerenative
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucerenative »

::From the first moment Jess loses control, and the transformation tears through her body, Akule takes command of the situation. He can sense the girl's raging emotions, feel her quivering with fear as the wolf inside her forces its way to the surface of her very being ... having grafted itself to her very soul. Finally, Akule makes his move, and with one powerful lunge, he brings himself face to face with the young girl ... ands finds himself almost overcome with nostalgia. Holding the rope more tightly in clenched fists, the wild dog watches the woman with eyes that glitter, his muscles taut and at the ready. These next few moments are going to require every ounce of his strength ... and then some.

Akule knows what comes next, and the longer he tries to put this off, the more difficult a task this is going to become. It's time for Akule to restrain the girl. And then suddenly, as though in answer to Jess's wailing cries for help, the exotic hunter does the only thing he can in a situation like this. Bending his arms at the elbows, he rushes her .... and with great strength .... pushes the transforming beast up against a tree .... swiftly binding her there. (This is assuming she doesn't eat him in the process.) With any luck, the bindings will keep the girl in place until the transformation is complete ... and eventually subsides. Oh, how he wishes they were with a pack of weres right now! They would be able to coach her through this, much better than he!

But, alas. After this hideous task has been completed, he stands as close as he dares to Jess, moving his arms in flowing motions over her, silently begging the spirits to protect and guide her though this frightening and enlightening experience of mind and body. :: Jess ... try.... not .... move. Relax. ::he barks, wanting to be soothing to her ... but speaking forcefully instead. He is not just communicating to a human girl anymore. He is talking to a werewolf .... and that werewolf best know whose in charge. ::
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Another wave of pain made Jess cry out again. She dug her claws into the soil beneath her. Her clothing started to burst at the seems as she grew in mass. Most of her body was now covered in the soft brown fur. With a loud tearing sound, her tail forced its way out of pants, to unfurl longer, rapidly growing fur as it did so. She could barely think straight anymore, the fur on her face was wet with tears. Suddenly, Akule rushed upon her, pushing her hard against a nearby tree. Jess let out a yelp of surprise, but was too busy with the process of her painful transformation than to fight much against the ropes being tied around her. Her face cracked again as it started shifting to a long wolfen muzzle, blunt teeth getting sharper and sharper. Jess shifted uncomfortably against the thick ropes, she was still growing bigger, and the ropes cut painfully into her skin, drawing blood. The tennis shoes she wore fell off as her feet elongated and turned into wolf paws. Soon, after a few more agonizing moments, her body stilled, the transformation complete. She was a large werewolf now,not quite as tall as Akule. She had dark brown fur on her back and tail-tip, and a light, creamy brown fur on her chest and stomach. The werewolf had its head hung down, panting heavily, long pink tongue hanging between sharp fangs. Her clothing hung in tatters over her body.
Jess looked up, slowly, looking confused. Her human mind, unable to cope with the transformation, had receded back. Now she was running on pure wolf instincts for the moment. Blinking, she tried to move her limbs. The rope held her tightly to the tree. Her golden eyes fell on Akule, and she froze. The fur on the back of her neck rose up, and she showed her fangs in a snarl. She did not like being trapped in this vulnerable position, especially now that a strange male was in her presence. A low growl rumbled deep in her throat, a mixture of anger and fear...