Alien Vs. Predator:Requeim-Trailer now online.

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
THE ONE AND ONLY
Legendary
Legendary

Alien Vs. Predator:Requeim-Trailer now online.

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

Put this in your pipe and smoke it. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5yIi96RLM&NR=1
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

THE FURTURE GOD DAMN IT!! MAKE IT IN THE FUTURE!! IN OTHER PLANETS!! WITH COLONIAL MARINES!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PRODUCERS!! DONT THEY READ THE COMICS? OR PLAY THE GAMES?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Just enjoy it for what it is. A monster movie.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Kaebora wrote:Just enjoy it for what it is. A monster movie.
Alien was a monster movie. Predator was a monster movie. Alien VS. Predator was a crappy movie, and a crappy movie has to be a certain type of crappy for me to enjoy it, which AVP was not. I don't see this being any different. Or maybe I'm wrong, this seems to have a completely different group of filmmakers working on it. Not even Anderson is involved (big plus!).
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If the movie would have been more involved in some more urban area with more soldiers involved, then that would be great.

Just the fact the second Alien movie was made that involve with marines made it better, that adds more action, more suspense without going "that stupid idiot of a civilian, you shouldnt have done that".
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I haven't seen Aliens, is it better? I don't see how more action is more suspenseful. In fact, an untrained civilian would seem more likely to be a better choice in a horror movie because they don't have the training and weaponry one would expect a soldier to have, and therefore would be more prone to death.

Not to say that Aliens isn't better, I don't know, but I don't see how it would be a better or more suspenseful horror movie.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I for one loved Alien Vs. Predator, and i cannot wait to see this movie when it comes out!!! :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I kinda enjoyed AVP, although it was obviously flawed in certain ways. But I do think the filmcompany is to blame for it, not the filmmakers. Fox always takes stuff and makes a family-movie out of it. I'm kinda bummed that Paul WS Anderson isn't directing it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Or maybe I'm wrong, this seems to have a completely different group of filmmakers working on it. Not even Anderson is involved (big plus!).
No way! Now its not gonna be a crappy movie but a worthless movie, since Anderson at least gets the atmosphere and set design right unlike a lot of other directors. The (creepy) atmosphere and set-design are always things I loved in his movies (watch Event Horizon if you want to know what I mean).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, wait... I just checked out who these Strause brothers who are directing are. They're visual effects people. That's not good, the last movie that made that choice for director was Eragon.
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Anubis wrote:I for one loved Alien Vs. Predator, and i cannot wait to see this movie when it comes out!!! :D
I agree. It was a good action flick. The story was ok, and the acting was so-so. It is by all means not a great movie. The only people that completely hated it seemed to be the comic book fans. I never read the AvP comics, so I guess that's why I don't think it sucked. Think of the AvP movies as an alternate universe with the same creatures... but with different situations.
-Kaebora
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

ravaged_warrior wrote:I haven't seen Aliens, is it better?
It was a suspenseful action movie, not quite as much a horror movie as the first one. Consequently, it wasn't good in the same manner, but it was still very good, just good in a different way. As far this movie goes, from the trailer I must admit it looks better than the first. Actually, the trailer seems to be already a better movie than the first AvP :P
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Shadow Wulf wrote:THE FURTURE GOD DAMN IT!! MAKE IT IN THE FUTURE!! IN OTHER PLANETS!! WITH COLONIAL MARINES!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PRODUCERS!! DONT THEY READ THE COMICS? OR PLAY THE GAMES?
Indeed they need to make it more realistic. :lol:
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

John Wolf wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:THE FURTURE GOD DAMN IT!! MAKE IT IN THE FUTURE!! IN OTHER PLANETS!! WITH COLONIAL MARINES!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PRODUCERS!! DONT THEY READ THE COMICS? OR PLAY THE GAMES?
As realistic as aliens bursting from the stomachs of humans? Riiiight. :lol:
-Kaebora
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Kaebora wrote:
John Wolf wrote:
As realistic as aliens bursting from the stomachs of humans? Riiiight. :lol:
I meant as in terms of it being more realistically fixed to the original setting in the plot. The sequel to Aliens Vs Predator should take place in the same techno futureistic society where mining spaceships roam the galaxy, and the weyland's technology corparation has become the company.
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Meh. Both Franchises should have ended with ALIENS and PREDATOR part one.

And you guys should know by now not to expect ANYTHING good from Hollywood.