The Lion King

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.

Do you like the Lion King 1 or 2 or both

LOVE IT/BOTH!
75%
Its/There ok
21%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
4%

Total votes: 24

wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

and i know people will say google...

but whats kimba
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

alright so i actually read it...

thanks for the link by the way...

So they pretty much mirror eachother but with different storyline and aspects of shots and all that crud...

Does this mean anything to me? No...I really dont care
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Well, yes, they got the plotline from Hamlet, not Kimba, but the other stuff is there, apparently.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

ok so which is the storyline of huh???

Your saying that Hamlet is the storyline that Lion King took from....and the scenes are from Kimba??????????

errrrr............

?? ?? ??

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Well, yes, they took some images and elements from Kimba and injected it into Hamlet's story.

Hamlet is about a Danish prince who's father was murdered by his uncle so he could take over the throne. He finds out about it when he sees the ghost of his father (have I got all that right? I haven't read it). Obviously there's differences (for example, Simba didn't know jack s*** until the end), but overall it has the same story. The Kimba stuff was already detailed in the link.
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

well either way...i like The Lion King the best for 3 reasons

1. Im not going to read Hamlet unless its for school

2. I have never heard of Kimba before and dont plan on seeing any of it

and 3. The Lion King is the only thing I have read/seen

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

That's less you preferring Lion King and more you flat out refusing to involve yourself in the other two.

Also, why is it that Shakespeare is always associated with reading? They're plays, it was meant to be a visual experience.
-Jack Handey
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Heh heh, every time I think of Hamlet, I think of MST3K where they watch the Screaming Skull.
There's one scene where a woman picks up a skull, shrieks, and throws it out the window. And Crow talks over it with "Alas, poor Yorick, I threw him well."
:lol:

Midsummer Night's Dream was my favorite. Followed by Hamlet and Othello. Didn't particularly care for Romeo and Juliet. I have yet to read Richard III, even though one of my favorite songs was based on it.

<rant>
I blame the public school system for making kids hate reading. An illiterate populace is easily controlled. -_- That's why they make you read depressing, pointless, idiotic crap in elementary and middle school, so that they can pretend to expose highschoolers to quality literature, knowing quite well that no one will care about it if they even bother to read it at all.
</rant>
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

PariahPoet wrote:I have yet to read Richard III, even though one of my favorite songs was based on it.
There's a movie of it I've seen that's quite good... they've done the play itself fairly straight but the setting is dressed up as 1930s-England-as-a-banana-republic.
PariahPoet wrote:That's why they make you read depressing, pointless, idiotic crap in elementary and middle school
We got that in my day as well, right up to high school. Dour and depressing stuff like That Was Then, This Is Now and To Kill a Mockingbird that I just couldn't stand. I ran with a small crowd who tended to listen to down and depressing music (Joy Division, Marianne Faithfull etc. - we'd probably have been called "goths" nowadays). Luckily we had a geography (!) teacher who was also a prominent (and quite mad) amateur theatre producer. So the school was inveigled into sending school groups to his Shakespeare productions. The classic (one I still remember a quarter of a century later) was A Midsummer Nights Dream, with all the fairies done up as bikers (Titania and Oberon looked like they'd just stepped out of 1952 Vincent Black Lightning) and Puck, in brightly coloured, spiked hair, pedalling his way across the stage on a child's bicycle. Bizarre but so memorable.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

PariahPoet wrote:There's one scene where a woman picks up a skull, shrieks, and throws it out the window. And Crow talks over it with "Alas, poor Yorick, I threw him well."
I need to see that one, that's hilarious. God, I love that show.
Midnight wrote:The classic (one I still remember a quarter of a century later) was A Midsummer Nights Dream, with all the fairies done up as bikers (Titania and Oberon looked like they'd just stepped out of 1952 Vincent Black Lightning) and Puck, in brightly coloured, spiked hair, pedalling his way across the stage on a child's bicycle. Bizarre but so memorable.
...What the hell?! :lol:
-Jack Handey
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

PariahPoet wrote:Heh heh, every time I think of Hamlet, I think of MST3K where they watch the Screaming Skull.
There's one scene where a woman picks up a skull, shrieks, and throws it out the window. And Crow talks over it with "Alas, poor Yorick, I threw him well."

Midsummer Night's Dream was my favorite. Followed by Hamlet and Othello. Didn't particularly care for Romeo and Juliet. I have yet to read Richard III, even though one of my favorite songs was based on it.

<rant>
I blame the public school system for making kids hate reading. An illiterate populace is easily controlled. -_- That's why they make you read depressing, pointless, idiotic crap in elementary and middle school, so that they can pretend to expose highschoolers to quality literature, knowing quite well that no one will care about it if they even bother to read it at all.
</rant>
I like to read. although I still think that Comics are a better format for fiction than books (Nonfiction books like "The Assault on Reason" are better in book form). Anyone read Graphic Classic, all those old stories adapted into comic book form? Kicks a**.
XIV
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

ravaged_warrior wrote:That's less you preferring Lion King and more you flat out refusing to involve yourself in the other two.

Also, why is it that Shakespeare is always associated with reading? They're plays, it was meant to be a visual experience.
im not techniqually refusing it....I just have no interest in seeing/reading it

AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Dreamer wrote:
AladasianTheMeerkat wrote:All you know about the three TLK's is this...

TLK1: Hamlet
TLK2: DO A BARREL ROLL
TLK1/2: Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead
I get the first one, but not the joke on the last two (I know what you're referencing on the second one though)
Hehe... I made the barrel roll comment because i haven't seen that one (and prolly judging to the DTV animation standard at the time, i'd be too scared to), and apparently according to some reviews i've seen of 1-1/2, that seemed to be the most prevalent comparison on that one.

I guess that's one you might need to google as well.
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

AladasianTheMeerkat wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
AladasianTheMeerkat wrote:All you know about the three TLK's is this...

TLK1: Hamlet
TLK2: DO A BARREL ROLL
TLK1/2: Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead
I get the first one, but not the joke on the last two (I know what you're referencing on the second one though)
Hehe... I made the barrel roll comment because i haven't seen that one (and prolly judging to the DTV animation standard at the time, i'd be too scared to), and apparently according to some reviews i've seen of 1-1/2, that seemed to be the most prevalent comparison on that one.

I guess that's one you might need to google as well.
Heh, I just got what you're talking about...

Holy crap, you're right! For the record, though, the second one is Romeo and Juliet.
-Jack Handey
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

What about the lesson of not placing your home around steep ledges so one does not fall and die? What about that? I don't know about you, but acuna mawhata(not having any worries) kind of gets you killed in the end since one chooses to be so careless.
Two lions die from falling off of rock ledges. Another nearly bites it twice(Simba). Stupid lions. Ledges are for lawyers and stockbrokers.

But really, I liked the movie, but it just reminds me of another movie I grew up with. BAMBI. I vote Bambi over the Lion King any day. That one always bring a tear to my eye, especially when his mommy goes boom.
:(
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

acuna matatah is my life lesson to people...

and I didnt think Bambi was that sad...I thought it was funny