No, no, NO, you do NOT remake The Birds! Bad Hollywood! Bad!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

No, no, NO, you do NOT remake The Birds! Bad Hollywood! Bad!

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Idiots.

Basing it on the original story is one thing, since the Hitchcock version deviated substantially, but this is... This is crap.

And I'm not happy with remakes at the moment, anyway, because of the awful Halloween remake.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Re: No, no, NO, you do NOT remake The Birds! Bad Hollywood!

Post by Dreamer »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Idiots.

Basing it on the original story is one thing, since the Hitchcock version deviated substantially, but this is... This is crap.

And I'm not happy with remakes at the moment, anyway, because of the awful Halloween remake.
Well, I heard Disturbia, which was kind of a remake of Rear Window, wasn't half bad.

But yeah, this is a very bad idea. Why remake something if it was good already?
XIV
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: No, no, NO, you do NOT remake The Birds! Bad Hollywood!

Post by Terastas »

Dreamer wrote:But yeah, this is a very bad idea. Why remake something if it was good already?
Because they want people to think it will be good by associating it with the original. You wouldn't film a remake of, say, Track Of The Moonbeast and expect anyone to show up for any other reason except to see how bad it is, would you?
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Aye caramba.

it was bad enough when they had the gall to remake PSYCHO.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Completely unneccessary, as the original was just fine! Can't Hollywood get past this remake everything fix they've got? Can we start to see something original again? There's something screwy when I walk past a cinema sign in 2007, smart phone in my pocket and behind the wheel of a hybrid car, and if I were just reading the sign, I'd think it were 1978!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:Completely unneccessary, as the original was just fine! Can't Hollywood get past this remake everything fix they've got? Can we start to see something original again? There's something screwy when I walk past a cinema sign in 2007, smart phone in my pocket and behind the wheel of a hybrid car, and if I were just reading the sign, I'd think it were 1978!
It's because Hollywood has degenerated into a business; they make only what they think they could profit on instead of what deserves to be made, and after so long running as just a business with profit being the only concern, they're desperate. They will remake anything and everything that they can remake as long as they think they could make a buck off of it (didn't we all agree Alvin & The Chipmunks was the current lowest point?). Remakes are cheaper because the scripts are already there, and they think they could make just as money off of a remake because they think we're too dumb to tell the difference (and some people are that dumb, but not as many as they think).

Just think of it this way though: If this pattern of producing remakes that are crappier than the last remake progresses, by the time we all finish our books and movie scripts, they'll be so desperate they'll be making remakes of their crap remakes and our stuff will look like gold by comparison. WE WILL ALL GET MOVIE DEALS! :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:they'll be so desperate they'll be making remakes of their crap remakes and our stuff will look like gold by comparison
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Body Snatchers (1993)
The Invasion (2007)

Better hurry.

I hate you, Hollywood... I wish I could hate you to death.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The day they start remaking Stanley Kubrick films... is they day I start hunting for human heads. They are really pushing me to the edge by remaking some of my favorite classics. If they even DARE touch "Citizen Kane"... I don't have to lift a finger, because someone will murder them for it. I'm suprised there isn't enough people in an uproar about the remaking of The Birds.

I hope the next dozen remakes sell horribly, so they'll try to go back to original stuff.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Kaebora wrote:The day they start remaking Stanley Kubrick films... is they day I start hunting for human heads.
You really think that they're above that?

...Lolita says no. It MIGHT be based more on the book than Kubrick's (it sounds like something that could be gotten away with more in '97), but there's your Stanley Kubrick remake right there.
-Jack Handey
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

The Flight of the Phoenix remake did not do well.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Kaebora wrote:The day they start remaking Stanley Kubrick films... is they day I start hunting for human heads.
You really think that they're above that?

...Lolita says no. It MIGHT be based more on the book than Kubrick's (it sounds like something that could be gotten away with more in '97), but there's your Stanley Kubrick remake right there.
I not all that much of a fan of the original anyways. I'll let this one slide, unless it taints the original beyond recognition.

You know, more than half of the original movies that have come out are making more money than the remakes, on average. Mostly the ones based on books and comics are the Blockbusters. Nothing wrong with book movies if they haven't been done before.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Heh, heard rumors of this about a year ago now...should be interesting... :P Man, if they have to do a remake, have some freaking eagles and hawks attack people! They will do a hell of a lot more damage to someone than crows and sparrows :evil: lol :wink: I think a swan chasing me would be scary, those suckers can be big....oooh or an ostrich chasing people down :D I should be writing scripts, I'm a genius :wink:

Some remakes are better than the originals at least...or improves on them anyways. Granted their are a lot more crappy, forgettable remakes out there.

Some good ones:
The Fly
Invasion of the Body Snatchers('78 )
The Thing
Scarface

But yeah, more bad than good...this'll probably turn out to be crappy too.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Mm-hmm.......alrighty then....

Where's my beatin' stick? Somebody's gettin it between the legs an' up their tight lil a-hole....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Looks like Pigeons will pick our noses, instead of peanuts.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I was honestly still riding on the hope that this was an unsubstantiated rumor, even when I made the thread. Then I read this. It's from five days ago.
Naomi Watts wrote:"I haven't read the script yet... They're still working on it and making sure it's just right."
That quote scares the hell out of me.
-Jack Handey
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

HOLLYWOOD, I WILL f*** CUT YOU! STOP IT! JUST f*** STOP!

Here's the best part:
Keanu Reeves .... Klaatu
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:HOLLYWOOD, I WILL {censored} CUT YOU! STOP IT! JUST {censored} STOP!

Here's the best part:
Keanu Reeves .... Klaatu
Oh good lord! The original wasn't that good to begin with!