Wolf Slaughter: Depressed over Defenders of wildlife letter

The place for anything at all...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Wolf Slaughter: Depressed over Defenders of wildlife letter

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

My mom got a defenders of wildlife letter in the mail.
It said that alaska is offering a reward for a servered wolf's paw.
Says Alaska's govenor is allowing the areil hunting of wolves (The humans fly around in a plane, run the wolf into the ground, get out, and shoot it, or, just shoot it fromt he sky.)
Also says Idaho's govenor has said he'll be happy to kill the first wolf after the government takes them off the endangered species list.
Any ideas on how to stop them, or do i have to sit and watch as my favorite animal is whiped off the face of the planet?
Also, i read Pariah's post about the wolf preserve; think she might be able to help?
Think the preserve people might have a few connections that might help, say, a petition?
(I don't like the thoughts that are going through his head right now. He doesn't want to be human anymore, and although i would normally joke about that being good, not now. So please, does anyone have any ideas?)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Go here. As for that Idaho thing, they got enough signatures (about three thousand more than enough, if I recall correctly), so that should be taken care of. The aerial gunning petition is still up, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

If stuff like this gets to your head it can really make you a misanthrope. Anyway, seeing that there is already being action taking on this kind of idiocy I think its fair to believe it should be stopped soon.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Why are the humans still hunt and kill animals for pleasure?

God! It never stops. I heard someone said that Wolves are angels.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

It's people like these that make me ashamed to be human. No one respects wildlife anymore, such a shame :(
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

IndianaJones wrote:Why are the humans still hunt and kill animals for pleasure?

Because people are stupid. Just ask someone were the term 'werewolf' comes from and 99% will answer 'Hollywood'.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

We're also quintessential self-destructors who're in line to realizing H.G. Wells' human division -- the Eloi will be the fugly fat dwarves and the Morlocks will be the tall Adonises and Adonettes with mutated hair coloring.
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

Got to agree with you guys about the stupidity of some people who find such events entertaining. I just wonder how would they feel if they were hunted down and killed in the same way,then probably skinned. It seems some can't picture it. :x
Yet, if I'm not mistaking this is for money or more money!
Another concerning thing is that it's almost impossible to stop them. One option would be to start a campaign(or any of sort) to help save the wolves, yet in most of the cases it has no effect on the authorities. Max the media get the message (or do they). If the media manages to get the message to others who care and they unite to help the wolves, then maybe. Taking matters in one own hands is something that won't end well.
There are a lot of massive wolf hunts all over the world (mostly where they exist ).Still, there are only a few we know about.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

remember that we have no competion. there is nothing on this planet that can threaten us. Really, we are free do do what we want. If an entire species dies, it won't effect us. Heck, we could completely destroy teh world's ecosystem, and we'd still be fine.
Would most people like it if they were hunted for sport? probibly not. But whats going to hunt us? nothing. so why should we care.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

I have to disagree with you at some points Timber-Wolf.
It's true, we have no competition.
There are factors on this planet that can threaten us,almost any factor...(ex: bad weather - it threatens you immune system; toxic fumes - can cause cancer,not mentioning fellow humans).
We are not exactly free: We have to obey the rules, we cannot just go in a store and take something ( we can, but that has consequences)
Depends what species get extinct and how the food chain changes.
I hardly doubt that by destroying the earth's ecosystem, we would be fine. (ex: polluted air, little food, outdoor environment;...) I'm not saying we wouldn't be able to adapt, but why not preserve if we have the chance?
It's true nothing will hunt us...I meant that if they would be in the wolf's place.(changing places)
No offense :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I signed, and put this messege as well.
Here in New Mexico, our populous has fought and won to protect the southwestern wolves/lobos that are near extinction. Our governer is highly praised for passing the laws that protects the last remaining 58 of them. A bill similar to the one that plagues Alaskin wolves is what nearly killed off all of our wolves.

Alaska is the last remaining frontier land in America. An unspoiled wilderness. Why ruin such a good thing? Allowing the killing of a near-endangered species is a bad legislative move. It appeals only to the wealthy hunting community, and doesn't address what the rest of the population wants for these wolves. It makes us think that someone somewhere was taking some heavy bribing to pass this bill. The Alaskan state government is beginning to look like a greedy, selfish organization without any regards to the life of rare creatures. Prove us wrong by making the hunting of these wolves illegal.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

One thing I've yet to understand is why it's considered necessary to hunt the Alaskan wolves. I think one time I heard it was supposedly to keep the ecosystem in balance so there won't be a population inbalance between the wolves and deer, but that can't be true. I can't really believe that everyone for the passing of the law is someone in the hunting industry though. What percentage of people in Alaska is there solely for the hunting anyway?
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

I pictured a hunted Wolf's revenge. The wolf is wearing human clothing with a shotgun in his paw hand and he is shooting naked human men that were hunters.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

KittyRose wrote:It's people like these that make me ashamed to be human. No one respects wildlife anymore, such a shame :(
Indeed :( it's really sad that we aren't able to coexist peacefully (for the most part) with nature
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I sign and do what I can with matters like these.
It's people like these that make me ashamed to be human. No one respects wildlife anymore, such a shame.
So many people have no respect for anything, they only care to kill and destroy, at least there are people out there trying to protect those that need protection.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Ceekur wrote:One thing I've yet to understand is why it's considered necessary to hunt the Alaskan wolves. I think one time I heard it was supposedly to keep the ecosystem in balance so there won't be a population inbalance between the wolves and deer, but that can't be true. I can't really believe that everyone for the passing of the law is someone in the hunting industry though. What percentage of people in Alaska is there solely for the hunting anyway?
I wondered that too, and my research turned up nothing obvious. I must assume that it is for "strengthening the economy". Here in New Mexico, it was legal to shoot any wolves or coyotes that stroll onto your property. The reason was because they were killing livestock. They lifted the death sentence on the wolves (Southwestern Lobo) because the population dropped into the endangered species list.

Only reciently they lifted it off the coyotes as well, which are still in rather large numbers. They have been hunted out of the most populated areas, which can be a good thing in how it forces the packs to move further away from us. Coyotes are pritty smart about that. It doesn't have the same effect for Wolves. They like to keep the same territory for many generations.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

KittyRose wrote:It's people like these that make me ashamed to be human. No one respects wildlife anymore, such a shame :(
Don't be ashamed to be human, humanity as a whole has come a long way. Be ashamed that THEY are human.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

They are certainly not respecting the wolves right to move without persecution.

Cool Indiana Jones picture by the way, I am also The Indiana Jones Fan. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

to bring this up, as it's ancient history now, but
('scuse me, i've got this.
There is no reason the wolves are bing hunted, anymore than was when humans almost wiped them out some, damn i don't know how many years ago. I just remember when the human was doing a research project on the wolves for his school, and he found a book mentioning what they did to the wolves: Poising, s like now...and even more disturbing, it mentioned that some of the hunters captured the wolves, and lit them on fire. They stood around laughing as the poor creature tried desperatly to snap its self out, but to no avail...
The book also had a pitcure of wolf corpses hng on a shack wall like trophies, and it wasn't just one or two either... :cry: )
I am ashamed to be human, becuase no matter how far we come, we will still eradicate anything an everything we have to, in order so that we may come out on top.
And timber wolf, we disagree with you strongly about the 'Nothing hunts us" thing...
(You seem to forget that if you place a human into the wilderness, without his pretty little toys, and he meets, say, a bear...he becomes lunch. I apologize if i sound like i'm attacking you, but i have a feeling that the same sentiment can be found in anyone who disrespects nature...
Humans, if they are so impervious, why exactly can Nature crush them so easily? Humans no care if nature dies, and frankly, if the ecosystem parished, humans wouldn't be around very much longer. Period. {Skulks off into corner to brood.})
I to say it, but i have to agree with some of things he's saying. He, and i, aren't attacking anyone, but we really do wish humans would see what its like to be hunted.
I have a feeling anyone who has survived an animal attack may feel like they've conquered nature...but they shouldn't. I have to go right now, but i hope to come back to this issue later, if possible. I am glad this subject sparked such response, and hopefully, there are more of us out there. A lot more.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist

Post by Harry_Osborn »

[I do not mean to offend anyone, just bring the ideas of me (an unimportant but loud spoken high schooler) to the table.]

People don't really notice how much we rely on the ecosystem. Look at it if we were to kill off the ecosystem we would not survive as well. We eat vegetables meat whatnot. If you were to destroy a certain kind of animal, let's see such as a wolf the population of deer and stuff; well wolfs take out the weaker animals (the ones that may carry disease and whatnot). The the deer and the like that the wolves would take out would grow and overpopulate, causing an imbalance in the food chain. Now you ask how this effects humans? Well the weaker animals that the wolves would have taken down are more abundant. Wolves take down the weaker ones which may carry disease, where as if there were no wolves we are more likely to get the ones that are diseased since you can not tell all the time from looking at it if it is diseased or not. We eat the deer we get sick and may die. Either way if any of you payed attention in in biology class you should know that without one species the whole ecosystem will fall to ruins.

The years that we have populated the earth we have been damaging things, when we became careless and killed things ruthlessly just for sport. I don't know how to say this but we are suffering from our choices we make, pollution, and the like. Take a look around observe your surroundings. Are they not worse off then what they used to be? I mean think about it you know diseases such as AIDs, cancer and the like has showed up in more and more people then in the past? You know how freaky our weather has been more hurricanes and the like (at least in some places). You think that happened naturally? Not whoever says that we do not need the ecosystem or the animals in it, and think we can eliminate a species and not suffer consequences just look around. People who can say nothing has changed or that nothing is wrong are just ignorant; something obviously is going on.
"We are the architect of our own demise."

~Me (Andy Davis)
Swiftpaw Fatfox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Fat Foxxy :)

Post by Swiftpaw Fatfox »

Until humans can learn to get along with them selves they will never be able to get along with nature

*growls* stupid humans :x
A fat canine is a happy canine :)
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

God Damn it! I knew I would get pissed if I read this thread. I try to avoid it, but my aggression toward this sort of crap pushes me to see it. As soon as I read that I screamed bloody Leonitus.
Those scrotal infestation in office can shoot themselves. Leave the damn wolves alone!
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Hatred and anger usually only makes things worse which is most likely why someone decided to have a petition.

My argument against such killing will put emotions aside (I think...). Examples of my side of the argument are as follows:

"Why do you think this should be made legal? You might say that this is not the same as murder because it involves animals. How do you know that?"

"Someone might say that animals do not have a soul. How could you possibly know that?"

"Someone might say that God gave man the right to govern over all of the animals. So this means he wants you kill them?"

"Some say humans are superior to all other animals. If humans are superior to other animals then do you really think they would kill the animals? Do you really think killing is a sign of greatness? Are you saying since you are better than them then you should kill them? How could you possibly know if you are better? What do you think better means?"

"You find it entertaining to kill. You can not argue with this statement unless you denounce the definition of the word kill. Why do you enjoy hunting? Why not hunt animals that can be fed to the poor? Why do you need to mount animals? What is the purpose of this? Do you think it makes you more important? Do you think it makes you better? Why? How do you figure that there is nothing wrong with killing another living thing just to establish a fictitious notion of 'betterness'*?"

And now here is an idea for you and you aren't going to like it:

The fact that it is morally wrong, regardless of the reason, is not even the most shocking part of this. The most shocking part is that the reason they do this is a common and basic fault of humankind (and maybe even deeper than just humankind). The reason they do not hunt only for food and hunt animals that only attack when starved or feel threatened is due to the illusion that such things can determine "betterness". "I have slain this ferocious beast!"

Attacking this subject on its own is not working. I would suggest you attack it at the cause. Get people to realize just how ridiculous their excuses are. It is the age old, even IF what you say is true that does not make it right. You see it is morally wrong to try and establish "betterness" no matter how you do it. This case is one of the most extreme cases. Another closely related category that is extreme is killing animals for their fur. In the case of fashion you also see the establishment of "betterness." Get people to realize that what you own can never establish betterness and neither can your accomplishments. You see betterness is not actually real. Someone can be stronger than someone else but that does not make them "better". Someone could donate more money to charity than someone else but that still does not make them "better".

If you make it socially unacceptable to judge people based on "betterness" then maybe a hunter would make the extra effort to only hunt animals for food. And it just might reveal that it is not the killing that they enjoy, it is the false feeling of "betterness". Do not get me wrong, I think it is horrible to kill another living thing for such a stupid reason. I am only pointing out what I truly believe the stupid reason actually is. The question is; are you willing to give up all of your bragging rights in order to save the wolves? Are you willing to recognize what "betterness" truly entails? Are you willing to stop putting things up on pedestals? To attack it at its source is to attack the innocent things like preferring one sports team over another. The attack is not on your preference which is not something that can or should be changed. The attack is on how high you place your preference.

I do not have it all figured out but I think the truth can be found somewhere inside of this post even if only by reading in between the lines.

*Betterness is the word I use for the notion that one thing is better than another thing. This song is better than that song, my team is better than your team, my mount is better than your mount, etc...
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Swiftpaw Fatfox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Fat Foxxy :)

Post by Swiftpaw Fatfox »

I hope to become a zoologist and teach people to have respect for nature and respect for the animals. Maybe if people actually were given the chance to be able to see and maybe even touch or pet a wolf then they would know they are beutiful creatures
A fat canine is a happy canine :)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I hunt and kill animals...for the pleasure of the exercising of my tracking and stalking skills. Then I thank the Spirit of the animal I have killed.

After all the permits, and tags and the expenses of the hunt; I'm usually out a minimum of a thousand bucks, maybe more.

Yet, there is a connection between myself and my quarry-the kill is never a sure thing; and I never shoot unless I can make a clean kill with one shot. So far, Goddess granting; I've never had to use a second bullet to dispatch my quarry, and I do leave not just a gut-pile, but at least 10% of the good meat; for the "cousins"-the HunterKin "animals" I compete with.

I don't hunt Wolf, or Puma, or any other HunterKin; Deer and Elk are my staples. They feed me for months and the hides are used in clothing and mocassins.

Hunting HunterKin is a blasphemy, to my mind...they are no different from myself, as Hunters. Shooting from the air isn't even worth calling Hunting-it's just greed...and the feeding of the lowest of Human appetites; the need to dominate just for the fun of it.

Please don't judge all Hunters by the actions of a few slack-jawed knuckle draggers who don't want the competition of the Naturals to get in the way of their "Fun". They don't deserve the name of Hunter; they are just killers, grubbers-nothing more; and nothing honorable.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...