Films, Television, Video games etc..., with disliked endings

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

If the word cliffhanger can be used with any film, it does not have a proper endings, I want the story completely finished if it is a stand alone film, there does not need to be un-answered
questions, lose plot lines etc... just finish the story because the movie ends.

X-Men - The Last Stand, what went wrong, could have been longer and main characters died, the biggest mistake such a film can make for me.
The ending for Premonition was also total crap.

To paraphrase- "OMG ITS A SEMI! START THE CAR, START THE CAR! *Splat!*"
The large truck could not see the car half mile down the road or try to stop sooner, they are large and take longer to stop, that which just ridiculous as well and just sitting there for half a minute until the truck runs into him.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

You'd figure he'd get out of the car, you know? That was a pretty sad way to die.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, wish I'd read this before I rented it this evening. That movie sucks...blows....AT THE SAME TIME!!!
It wasn't worth the dollar to rent it.
Wanted to snap the dvd in half at the end, but I don't want to pay $30 to do it. Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

PariahPoet wrote:Yeah, wish I'd read this before I rented it this evening. That movie sucks...blows....AT THE SAME TIME!!!
It wasn't worth the dollar to rent it.
Wanted to snap the dvd in half at the end, but I don't want to pay $30 to do it. Image
Redbox?

I use those if I will be out the next day, until I have enough new films lined up again to use Netflix.

The days of paying even two fifty to rent are over, let alone four dollars, never paid that.

I do not hate the film, just wanted a better ending, to overcome what they think is suppose to be.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

The worst ending to a series is Dallas. It was thought to be a decent show and question of who killed JR riddled everyone. They came back to answer and the finale showed that the whole, entire show was the product of an autistic child in a wheelchair. It was all a dream.

As for the worst ending in a movie, there is a little movie called Juon. It's another one of those serious horror movies that end up funny as hell.
SPOILER ALERT, BUT READ ANYWAY!!!
In one of the ending scenes, a girl is in the haunted house when she sees a ghost peering through the cracks of a covered up window. She screams and crawls aways to the safety of the room across from hers instead of going down the stairs and getting the hell out....She then closes the SLIDING PAPER PANE DOOR and places a BROOM in front of it along with a ROLLING DESK CHAIR. The girl hides in the in the back of the room as there is a pitterpatter on the paper made door. The ghosts come in and the broom falls over. The chair rolls away and they get her. I found this absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at this one scene and replayed it for my friend to see and they dropped down on the floor because it was soooo funny.
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

I thought it was St. Elsewhere that had the whole series take place in the mind of an autistic child playing with a snow globe. I do remember that Dallas had an entire season end up being a dream though.
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I thought it was Trapper John, MD, but you're right, chubhound, it was St. Elsewhere. What a crap ending. "Oh, by the way, none of this has been real. Some little kid that you no nothing about made it up. We've been wasting your time for six years. Goodbye."
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Oh yeah. St. Elsewhere had to be the worst, most "WHAT THE F***???" ending in all of history.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Halo 2. It's one of the worst video game ending ever. That cliffhanger is nothing but a marketing tool to sell the third game. The sad thing is... it's working.

Worse still was the NES game Rampage, which the arcade series was based off of. I speed-played non-stop through four hours of levels that got harder and harder winning it barely with the skin of my teeth, just to get a picture of the USA and the word "Congratulations". At least most NES games ended with some cool pixel art, but not this one.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora