Wolf Slaughter: Depressed over Defenders of wildlife letter

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Timber-WoIf wrote:If an entire species dies, it won't effect us.
Oh yes, yes it will. Think of things as being like a huge Jenga tower. Sure, you can take one or two blocks and still leave it standing. But it only takes one - ONE - to topple the entire thing. You won't know which one that is until the tower falls.
Swiftpaw Fatfox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Fat Foxxy :)

Post by Swiftpaw Fatfox »

RedEye wrote:
I hunt and kill animals...for the pleasure of the exercising of my tracking and stalking skills. Then I thank the Spirit of the animal I have killed.

After all the permits, and tags and the expenses of the hunt; I'm usually out a minimum of a thousand bucks, maybe more.

Yet, there is a connection between myself and my quarry-the kill is never a sure thing; and I never shoot unless I can make a clean kill with one shot. So far, Goddess granting; I've never had to use a second bullet to dispatch my quarry, and I do leave not just a gut-pile, but at least 10% of the good meat; for the "cousins"-the HunterKin "animals" I compete with.

I don't hunt Wolf, or Puma, or any other HunterKin; Deer and Elk are my staples. They feed me for months and the hides are used in clothing and mocassins.

Hunting HunterKin is a blasphemy, to my mind...they are no different from myself, as Hunters. Shooting from the air isn't even worth calling Hunting-it's just greed...and the feeding of the lowest of Human appetites; the need to dominate just for the fun of it.

Please don't judge all Hunters by the actions of a few slack-jawed knuckle draggers who don't want the competition of the Naturals to get in the way of their "Fun". They don't deserve the name of Hunter; they are just killers, grubbers-nothing more; and nothing honorable.
spoken like a true hunter :)
A fat canine is a happy canine :)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Set pretty much set up us the threadbomb. Contrary to popular belief, radical extremist vegans and PETArds will also be responsible for the inevitable destruction of earth's ecosystem.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Who are you refering too?
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist

Post by Harry_Osborn »

RedEye wrote:
IndianaJones wrote:Why are the humans still hunt and kill animals for pleasure?

God! It never stops. I heard someone said that Wolves are angels.
I hunt and kill animals...for the pleasure of the exercising of my tracking and stalking skills. Then I thank the Spirit of the animal I have killed.

After all the permits, and tags and the expenses of the hunt; I'm usually out a minimum of a thousand bucks, maybe more.

Yet, there is a connection between myself and my quarry-the kill is never a sure thing; and I never shoot unless I can make a clean kill with one shot. So far, Goddess granting; I've never had to use a second bullet to dispatch my quarry, and I do leave not just a gut-pile, but at least 10% of the good meat; for the "cousins"-the HunterKin "animals" I compete with.

I don't hunt Wolf, or Puma, or any other HunterKin; Deer and Elk are my staples. They feed me for months and the hides are used in clothing and mocassins.

Hunting HunterKin is a blasphemy, to my mind...they are no different from myself, as Hunters. Shooting from the air isn't even worth calling Hunting-it's just greed...and the feeding of the lowest of Human appetites; the need to dominate just for the fun of it.

Please don't judge all Hunters by the actions of a few slack-jawed knuckle draggers who don't want the competition of the Naturals to get in the way of their "Fun". They don't deserve the name of Hunter; they are just killers, grubbers-nothing more; and nothing honorable.
You seem to respect the animals at lest. A lot of people do not. I believe we when we hunt should do what the Native Americans did. Kill only the amount we need and use most of the parts of the animal so we do not wast anything. That is just my opinion.
"We are the architect of our own demise."

~Me (Andy Davis)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(For a second RedEye, i might have just dropped you form the story, until i saw you do what the native americans do.
Veyr interesting that i can match a characters tastes in a story to what they do in real life...and i didn't read your post of hunting before i wrote that section i sent you.
You way of hunting is a bit different....
The Hunting of wolves like i demontrated, is not hunting, but slaughter.
Humans like you i respect. but humans who would say that we are top of the food chain...
they i would like to put out in the widlerness, without thier guns and toys, not even a knife, and see how well nature crushes them.
You would more than likely survive...
Just a few thougths. )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silent Hunter »

Humans like you i respect. but humans who would say that we are top of the food chain...
they i would like to put out in the widlerness, without thier guns and toys, not even a knife, and see how well nature crushes them.
Wel tbh we are. I mean come on, we have to be somewhere if we can start wipe out whole species.( Though not a good thing) Are brains are our weapons. With certain relearning of survival skills we can have a fair chance in the wilderness. The drop of virtually of all luxeries(even basic stuff) would be too much for some but it can be done. This would be a hellishly painful process though. In the end its annyoying when people claim we are weak beacuse we don't have claws or fangs. We can make spears, light fires and genrally survive. That is why us humans are so sucesseful. Are brain and our hands are our greatest asset. Still i would hate for humanity to lose all of our tech. The deaths...would be just brutal.

Gods i hate survival of the fittest.....
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Godfuckingdamnit... I can't express how mad this makes me.
Humanity definitely deserves to be wiped off the planet.

f*** us.
f***
f***
f***
f***
f***
f***
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Miragh wrote:{censored}... I can't express how mad this makes me.
Humanity definitely deserves to be wiped off the planet.

{censored} us.
{censored}
{censored}
{censored}
{censored}
{censored}
{censored}
I find these kinds of comments annoying, knee-jerk, and generalizing. Not every person is like the people doing this sort of thing. In fact, I doubt that even the majority is like that.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

ravaged_warrior wrote:I find these kinds of comments annoying, knee-jerk, and generalizing. Not every person is like the people doing this sort of thing. In fact, I doubt that even the majority is like that.
Understandable and yes — that comment was of the reflex. However I don't just run around and b**** about the world because I had an argument with my teacher during my schooltime or couldn't stand my parents.

Granted, there are indeed good people, doing good deeds - sure thing, withouth a doubt! I enjoy the beauty that life and the world gives day by day as well. But I express my strong disapproval of mankind not without reason.

Never before have so many humans populated the earth, never before have they got that old. We humans move ten times the material back and forth as natural erosion processes do. And we have, for example trough argiculture or trough air traffic, changed the conditions for spreading viruses dramatically. The damage every human being does is making a difference on our planet, yet a lot of people think they can't make a difference.

Sure, the majority (beware generalizing) may not be like that. But it's exactly that 'majority' I see that won't see to care what happens in the world as they can convince themselfes that a politican will take care of it for them. Of course, after all they elect 'leaders' and completely fail to see that they should be leading them, not vice versa. The word 'representative' — ever heard of it? (General talking, not aimed at you.)

I could go on ranting about this for a long time as I really don't like the direction we're heading to. Politically, economically and humanistically. I haven't even started about the terrible depths and details that cruelty to animals contain but I just wanted to point out that there actually is a background to my comment, even if — I fully admit that — it didn't look that way. I'm hoping and working for a turn around. But if I had to judge humanity; in my opinion we deserve worse than sole non-existence.

Shooting animals from a plane simply for 'fun' — oh yeah, you can easily make me violently angry there.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Wel tbh we are. I mean come on, we have to be somewhere if we can start wipe out whole species.( Though not a good thing) Are brains are our weapons. With certain relearning of survival skills we can have a fair chance in the wilderness. The drop of virtually of all luxeries(even basic stuff) would be too much for some but it can be done. This would be a hellishly painful process though. In the end its annyoying when people claim we are weak beacuse we don't have claws or fangs. We can make spears, light fires and genrally survive. That is why us humans are so sucesseful. Are brain and our hands are our greatest asset. Still i would for humanity to lose all of our tech. The s...would be just brutal.

Gods i survival of the fittest.....
(I didn't mean it like that Silent Hunter.
I meant it does not take a lot of brains to shoot something from a plane in the open, or to put a bullet in the back of the head of animal you ran into the ground.
And what you suggested, i would prefer.
After all, just because you can make spears and fires doesn't always mean the animal can't get a good swipe in once and a while. Guns let humans remina safe when they're hunting creatures they shouldn't, and what i d, is not that humans hunt.
That seems to be a need for most creatures, i d that some humans cut off the head of a deer and mount it to the wall because they wanted a trophy.
That's what these hunters are doing, or they're just out to destroy an entire species.)
How many animals are extinct because of us? We don't know how the brain works completely, so how do we know what a species dying off will do to us?
(This is the kind of slaughter i , and the kinds of humans i despise.)
We are smart, yes, we can survive yes, but when start thinking there's nothing that can take us out in a second, then its time for a realty check. We're a part of the food web, not chain. There is no such thing as a food chain, period, because a single animal may be connected to hundreds or more others. We kill one species, how many more die off because we did?
(Well spoken.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silent Hunter »

And what you suggested, i would prefer.
I never suggested. I was implying that its what we did and can do now. I'd perfer guns. Handicapong ourselves is a bad thing. Its technolgy that, with the right use can help us from being the clay of nature to the sculpture.
How many animals are extinct because of us? We don't know how the brain works completely, so how do we know what a species dying off will do to us?
It can deny us certain foods that could help our bodies and muck ecosystems up badly.

Btw, the last line was meant to be "Gods i hate survival of the fittist"
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Silent Hunter wrote:Btw, the last line was meant to be "Gods i hate survival of the fittist"
No it wasn't, you got it right.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Rakon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Rakon »

There are a few animals that will never see their end before me, 2 specific are the bear and especially the wolf. They command too much respect from me, unless of course they're intent was to kill me first, only then under self defense would they or I meet our doom.
They are who I am...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

The question comes down to "why?" Why would somone enjoy taking another life? Do they view their targets the same as a video gamer views an enemy in a first person shooter?

Instead of attacking "betterness" (this is mentioned in a previous post on this thread) you could try and tackle this delusion. Granted some or more than some of these individuals may be completley corrupt, others may be deluded to the point where they do not see what it is that they are doing.

The movie "Powder" comes to mind where Powder makes a hunter feel the pain of his victim and later you find out he stops hunting.

Now no one has the power to do that, but an easier solution to the problem would be to get people to realize that all living things can suffer. Many people are blind to the suffering they cause.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Rakon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Rakon »

Well I'm not going to stand here and say that I don't enjoy "the hunt" and all aspects of it, but there is a difference, I actually eat all that I've killed or will kill. I don't horde their heads and display them as trophies, its the act of hunting that I enjoy, not the stuffed heads of an animal carcass to prove my worth. If I did keep any keepsakes it would not be displayed on my walls. Those type of things are personal. These guys out there killing the way they do is appalling and creatures of this nature should be hunted down themselves. I'd love to put these guys out there with nothing but the boots on their feet and set loose a pack of wolves after them that haven't fed in a few days. NOW THAT's HUNTING!! I'd run with that pack for sure.
They are who I am...
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silent Hunter »

I'd love to put these guys out there with nothing but the boots on their feet and set loose a pack of wolves after them that haven't fed in a few days. NOW THAT's HUNTING!! I'd run with that pack for sure.
NOW THAT'S IMATURITY!!

That comment makes you worser then the hunters.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Rakon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Rakon »

Now now, don't get your feathers all ruffled, it wasn't a serious comment, of course that would never happen. I was more over just saying they would need some kind of role reversal to really see the affects of their actions. I've seen this slaughter in person during another hunt I've attended, and I'm not going to say that it wouldn't in some way feel good to see it though, and once you've actually seen it instead of just looking at pics and forum posts you'd understand. So you're just going to have to forgive the off color comments Silent, and don't poke the finger of immaturity in my direction b/c I am far from that.
They are who I am...
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Post by lone-wolf »

Personally i think that if you did put the so called hunter out there weaponless, their survival would depend almost on knowing how to survive as most of the animals they are hunting do, but i don't think they could ever gain the trust of animals enough to see how they lived. to give you a rogh idea of the trust u need, heres a pic i took whilst on a project in the columbia cascades, studying wolves lifestyles and habitats, don't forget there are no fences here !!!!!!!!. I was standing about 10 feet away and thy didn't so much as look at me, they just carried on as normal.

"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling