Are You Afraid of the Dark tv show

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Are You Afraid of the Dark tv show

Post by Ceekur »

Anyone else used to watch this show back in the day when Nick was good? I remember I used to watch it everyday when it was on. Even though it was rated TV-Y7 and I kind of knew nothing that scary would happen, it still creeped me out at times.

I also remember an episode with a werewolf in it and, at the end, the family adopted him. :o
It ended with them having a barbeque and the kid threw a frisbee at the wolf. He caught it in his paw and the frame froze with the credits rolling. :lol:
I think it was episode #22 - The Tale of the Full Moon, according to the wiki's list of episodes.
Last edited by Ceekur on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

It wasn't at all a scary show, but had some really good stories. I watched it when I was in 6th grade. Right before watching "All That". Old school Nick was the best stuff on TV in those days.

Remember the episode with the camera that was posessed by a gremlin? If the camera took your picture, it would show an image of what you were doing seconds before your death. Freaky.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

i remember those...they were a little boring at times...

i miss the old nick episodes...like DOUG and HEY ARNOLD......and especially CATDOG!
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Kaebora wrote:It wasn't at all a scary show, but had some really good stories. I watched it when I was in 6th grade. Right before watching "All That". Old school Nick was the best stuff on TV in those days.
Yeah, I would just get freaked a little at times. :lol:
It really was a good show. Plenty of good stories and the acting was decent. It's a shame that Nick (along with the other main "cartoon" channels) have really just gone down the tubes now.

The camera gremlin one was one of the more memorable episodes for me. Classic.

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

The camera one sounds a lot like a Goosebumps book... Except with death in it. Damn, Are You Afraid of the Dark had some balls. I can't remember any specific episodes, but I remember watching it all the time, it was one of my favorite shows. I used to love Nickelodeon. Then it got kinda weird... And now it's crap. It doesn't resemble what it used to be at all. They even got rid of Rugrats, didn't they? Hell, they got rid of all of the shows they used to have when I watched it, now that I think about it. Weird.

...I'm rambling. Anyway, I wish I could remember the show better, I watched it all the time.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:The camera one sounds a lot like a Goosebumps book... Except with death in it.
*nods* Say Cheese And Die.

And yeah, Nick used to be a great network. Then it became Spongebob Central.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

There is a Nicktoon channel that shows ALL of the Nicktoons. Even "Rokko's Modern Life", and "Ren and Stimpy".
-Kaebora
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

aww.....

Ren and Stimpy had to be the most horribly wrong and disgusting show ever but I couldnt turn it off! :P
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Ren and Stimpy rocked. Shame on Nickelodeon for canceling it, and Invader Zim, too! Have they no shame?!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Invader Zim is still on the Nicktoons channel as well. No new episodes though. Apparently the cult following IZ has, still didn't make enough money.
-Kaebora
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Kaebora wrote:There is a Nicktoon channel that shows ALL of the Nicktoons. Even "Rokko's Modern Life", and "Ren and Stimpy".
Reminds me of ToonDisney where Disney put all the classic cartoons on a Digital channel and then leaves the original channel to rot. Unfortunately I just checked the listing and saw that they still haven't put most of the classics back on Toon. Even though they aired the classics on Toon for a while, they eventually took them off for some other stuff that I don't even recognize. I think some of them are not even made by Disney. I even see some things here that they air on current Disney already. I do see Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Timon & Pumbaa, Gargoyles, and Talespin on Toon though. But where's the rest?

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Ren and Stimpy rocked. Shame on Nickelodeon for canceling it, and Invader Zim, too! Have they no shame?!
They didn't cancel R&S, they brought it back with different writers and directors wich completely destroyed the atmosphere and also the essence of R&S. They also made it more childfriendly while the original creator John K. said that he never intended to aim at a young audience.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

REN AND STIMPY WAS THE MOST HORRIFINGLY STRANGE CARTOON EVER THAT EVERYONE LOVED!!!

and then it was gone.....

:cry: :cry:

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Man I loved old Nick! Are you afraid of the dark, animprophs, all that, that stupid camp show! Everything! :o
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Morkulv wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:Ren and Stimpy rocked. Shame on Nickelodeon for canceling it, and Invader Zim, too! Have they no shame?!
They didn't cancel R&S, they brought it back with different writers and directors wich completely destroyed the atmosphere and also the essence of R&S. They also made it more childfriendly while the original creator John K. said that he never intended to aim at a young audience.
Strange that I heard the exact opposite. I think it was TNT that picked up the show, with its same animation leads and directors. A few new writers, but prodominatly the same brains running the team. John K actually made it even more raunchy for adults, to the point that it just isn't as entertaining anymore.
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

From what I've read, John K. only picked up R&S for the last time a few years ago to create the 'Adult Party Cartoons' wich were rated for 16 years and older I think.
Last edited by Morkulv on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

You're both right. John K and the original writing staff were kicked off the original Nickelodeon show, and his original voice duties were given to Billy West. Then it was canceled or something. Then TNT picked it up along with John K and the old writing staff, and then they made a raunchier show which I heard sucked.
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* R&S was basically a "forbidden fruit" cartoon, not really funny in itself, but funny for a little kid who knows everything on the show is stuff their parents don't want them to see. By today's standards, however, it's just a random stupidity show.

And yeah, the newer version did suck. It was basically the same "OMG we're so offensive" crap they pushed ten-odd years ago, only compared to what's currently on TV (South Park etc.) it was just retarded.

It was one of the few Nick shows that I didn't mind seeing get canceled. I'm still mad at them for scrapping Angry Beavers.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

This show used to scare me so much. I remember sitting on the couch with the blackket pulled up just under my eyes so I could hide if it got to bad for me. lol. What a fun time.
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I recall I used to watch that, my favourite two were, the first one with the hikers and the ghost taxi, then the one where the hunting girl is turned into a wolf and is nearly shot. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark tv show

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Ceekur wrote:Anyone else used to watch this show back in the day when Nick was good? I remember I used to watch it everyday when it was on. Even though it was rated TV-Y7 and I kind of knew nothing that scary would happen, it still creeped me out at times.

I also remember an episode with a werewolf in it and, at the end, the family adopted him. :o
It ended with them having a barbeque and the kid threw a frisbee at the wolf. He caught it in his paw and the frame froze with the credits rolling. :lol:
I think it was episode #22 - The Tale of the Full Moon, according to the wiki's list of episodes.
Ack I saw that ep..>_< It was horrible...Wat werewolf catches a frisbee in it's paw? The werewolf was more like a goblin :P
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Yeah, since I made this topic, I was able to watch that episode after all these years. Sure took me back, but I didn't really like the mask they used for the werewolf (which was complete with an automated tongue :P ). It was a good episode, but they could've made him look more like a werewolf instead of a goblin thing.