Forsaking humanity totally

The place for anything at all...
Vicious
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Forsaking humanity totally

Post by Vicious »

Is there anyone else so disgusted by humanity, and enamoured with wolves that they woudl go that route? Permenent wolf form?

Would our protagonists in freeborn do such? lck
Beauty isn't human.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

honestly i have no idea
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Mmm.. anythings possible, I mean, if normal humans can get loopy enough to go off and live in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness in total isolation, then I imagine there would be werewolves doing so as well.

(FYI: That does indeed happen.... I know of people in Alaska that go 8 years at a time without seeing other human beings.)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: Forsaking humanity totally

Post by Lupin »

Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

true, but mabey with out all the stuff were living with, life would be so much simpler...true work will be harder but i think people would be more friendly with out all the stuff they take for granted.There are time a sports player complains that he made 50,000 dollars less than what he wants. To think that all the money they get and dont deserve and they complain for 50,000 dollars. thats like losing 10 bucks for them in the way we look at it, but im going off topic here. Still yet i just cant live without my video games! and T.V.
:cry:

I missed the point didnt I ??
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Personally, I don't dislike humans in general -- just the humans I have to put up with the most in my life (namely my brother/roommate, the dumbest decision of my entire life). However, it's not that uncommon for people to feel like humanity itself is going down the crapper, nor is it unusual for some to go to great lengths to isolate themselves from the rest of the world (JD Salinger, for example).

I don't particularly know if any of the characters in Freeborn will, but I do know that the lead protagonist's father has "gone feral." I certainly think a werewolf could opt to spend the rest of their life as a wolf, and though I don't think a lot of them would follow through with it, I'm sure every werewolf has had more than one day where they considered it a possibility (kind of like committing suicide or joining the circus -- none of us ever follow through with it, but every Thanksgiving, we think about it).
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Vicious wrote:Is there anyone else so disgusted by humanity, and enamoured with wolves that they woudl go that route? Permenent wolf form?
Yeah. But I'd stay out of Alaska. The governor of that state allows the barbaric practice of aerial hunting.

:x
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yes, human life can be confusing. School, taxes, wacko government. I don't hate all humans, I dislike alot I'm with. Though humanity may not be the best I love it. Where did I et back from today? I great big party, it was my mom's friend's birthday party. Never met these people but they were the nice. A had a time around people but in the end alot of people left. I had pigged out on ribs and some people were getting drunk. So the mom, I don't know her age but he was older, got out a hose and sprayed the other drunks, I stood up and asked to get hosed. Alot of fun. One guy was too drunk and couldn't walk (he had a driver!), the mom was doing kareoke. And Jeff, the dad, heated up a very great steak just for me. Becuase everytime I eat with people the wemon gasp in horror while the men seem to adore my ability to eat! My step Dad's parents were very happy and told them the next time I visit they'll make me lots of food. When I left I thanked Jeff and he told me next time he has a party he'll make lots of ribs just for me. And now after a day of human partying I'm on the 'puter.

I futzing love humanity.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vicious wrote:Is there anyone else so disgusted by humanity, and enamoured with wolves that they woudl go that route? Permenent wolf form?
What's so glorious about being just a wolf?
Is rolling around in the dirt, the grass, what you pooped out 3 hours ago, some how better than having the power to name things, or is being lead around in circles by the worms in your prey some how better than having thumbs?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

fullmoonfury wrote: Yeah. But I'd stay out of Alaska. The governor of that state allows the barbaric practice of aerial hunting.

:x
This is true but as a former citizen of Alaska I can personally testify that a wolf would still be safer in Alaska then someplace like Idaho. There's simply much more inhabited land in Alaska where humans have little presence. For this reason the wolf typically isn't endangered in Alaska and has a tendency to thrive.

Now I could argue that aerial shooting is more humane then letting wolves starve to death, as I have seen this very situation in real-life and it's horrific. However a detailed debate on that subject is probably best left to private discussion.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nah. I like the stuff i got too much to totally forsake erverything. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:

Would our protagonists in freeborn do such? lck
Personally, no. I like things like broadband internet, air conditoning,.........
And home theater!! 8)
Cassandra
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Cassandra »

you would bring up YOUR home theatre system, wouldnt you?! :wink:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Cassandra wrote:you would bring up YOUR home theatre system, wouldnt you?! :wink:

Well it doesn't make much sense if he brought up someone else's home theater system. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Cassandra wrote:you would bring up YOUR home theatre system, wouldnt you?! :wink:
You better believe it!!! 8)

Lupin wrote:
Well it doesn't make much sense if he brought up someone else's home theater system. :wink:

HA!!! I like your thinking!!! :lol:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:true, but mabey with out all the stuff were living with, life would be so much simpler...true work will be harder but i think people would be more friendly with out all the stuff they take for granted.
Yeah, living as a wolf would be a lot harder. On a hunt they typically have success rates of anywhere from 10-50% .

rvt

Meanwhile I have a "going to a fast food resturant and getting lunch" success rate of about 95%. (The other 5% is where I get distracted and forget I'm leaving.)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I think its impossible to live as a werewolf forever. Because it takes a lot of energy.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Heh. You have all raised one really good point -- we're highly intelligent animals so it's hard to keep our minds stimulated.

What I would argue in defense, however, is that a lot of things can be lived without if they suddenly do not become available options. When my brother and I first moved into this apartment, for example, we didn't have cable, PS2, TV or a CD player -- just a pair of air mattresses, our laptops, and a couple of milk crates that we used as desks. After a week I didn't miss them, and by the end of January I didn't even think about them. My brother, on the other hand, apparently suffered some severe withdrawal and over Spring break, brought back a TV, PS2 and CD player from our mom's house and signed us up for Comcast Cable (his first and last financial contribution to this place!).

Now I can't remember how I lived without them. :P

A full wolf lifestyle would probably be along the same lines. Some people couldn't do it, whereas some people would only miss all the modern means of entertainment for a short while, during which they would probably instead be having fun adapting to their new wolf forms. ("Yay! My first kill!" "Wow! My first night in a real wolf den!" "Is that an airplane? Heh, catch me if you can asshole!")
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hey Figarou did you make that drawing on your avatar
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Hey Figarou did you make that drawing on your avatar
No, LoboLEO made that.

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

kool, i gotta pay him to make me a drawing :D
Image Image
Vicious
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Vicious »

There are things we want, and things we need.

We don't need all we have, in general. It pollutes us.
Maybe a person doesn't want out, but they need out.
Beauty isn't human.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vicious wrote:There are things we want, and things we need.

*points to the exit*
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vicious wrote:There are things we want, and things we need.

I find that most people have no idea what they really need.