Weird fears or phobias

The place for anything at all...
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Post by LightPaws »

PariahPoet wrote:
MoonKit wrote:
And half of the pack members were killed by pregnant women. :D
Or maybe died in childbirth. ^^
Or eaten by fat monsters disguised as pregnant women.*coughMattcough*
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

RedEye wrote: I get the feeling that even the M.D.'s don't really know what makes Phobic Behaviour.
We have complex brains, so naturally understanding the functions of it is hard. Especially when it's electrical signals whizzing through neurons and not something more ...mechanical, like the beating of a heart, or the diffusion of things through a cellular membrane.

Additionally, the necessary socio-political environments, scientific discoveries and tools and knowledge for proper study of the human brain and what causes what in it has only come about recently in history. So naturally we haven't had much time to figure out how it works.

And the fact that each person goes through different things and starts with a different genetic makeup causes differentiation among brains, further hampering progress in understanding the brain. Though, this can't (and shouldn't be) helped.

I imagine that Phobic behavior stems from some sort of incident (such as some members have already detailed), learned behavior (I am a bit arachnaphobic and so is my mother - I likely picked that behavior up from her early on), or bunches of other possible vectors.
Reincarnation may or may not be the case, but it would explain a lot of odd fears that lack rational sources.
It may or may not be, but scientifically speaking, it's an explanation as exceptable as "Lightning happens because God is angry". Science - especially medical science - needs to be founded on factual information.

Saying "You're afraid of spiders because you died due to one in a past life" doesn't really help much. And possibly may heighten the phobia. *shrug*
Faolan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Faolan »

Needles, I hate them.....sooooo much, also Zombies or anything undead and rotting *shutter* :cry:
I pass out when I have blood drawn or shots of any kind, last year my friend and I went to donate blood, well he went to donate I was just there, I started to get woozy just being in the donation bus. I couldn't walk after he was done and I could hardly see straight, just from watching them stick him.
Last edited by Faolan on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you turn into at night?
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o .....balloons poping...... :cry:

they scar me to death! I don't even want to go any were near a balloon....for fear it might pop!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Snakes? I don't mind snakes. But I sure hate them!

I really hate cockroaches and other nasty bugs. They scare the crap out of me, becasue of their icky brown ugh moving antities and legs. Slimly, I won't even dare to touch bugs. I like butterflies and dragonflies, though.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

*nagowteena* wrote::o .....balloons poping...... :cry:

they scar me to death! I don't even want to go any were near a balloon....for fear it might pop!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is this you by any chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrHV_9XPr0U
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i'm incredibly afraid of moths. i don't know why. they just FREAK ME OUT. plus, they like flying near my face. whenever they do, i scream, wave my arms, and fall on the floor. it's just about the funniest thing you can see.

but they're sooooooo creepy! they're all fluttery! and fast! and dirty and nasty! i hate 'em!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

spongypants23 wrote:
*nagowteena* wrote::o .....balloons poping...... :cry:

Is this you by any chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrHV_9XPr0U

:o oh my....

lol, nope not me. :lol:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Don't worry. We're all a little strange, being afraid of silly things that others would think. See? No one judges guys here.......except Figarou, that is.
I want to know what he fears, not that I am going to send him a dead mouse or anything like a ownerless wig.
:wings:

Oh yeah, I got something else I fear. I fear stepping in wet, moist things, especially when you know they go squish.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

spongypants23 wrote:Is this you by any chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrHV_9XPr0U
This one is better because Maury sends the cotton man from the woman's nightmare after her. It's almost definitely fake, but it's still hilarious because of how random it is.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey