My god. I have been Abducted

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

You irritate me, Cumulus...

Post by Set »

The only thing I see here is "I want attention." If you're going to make a claim as out there as alien abduction, then it should be EXPECTED to be met with skepticism. What in nine hells made you think otherwise?
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Nothing you have said changes the fact that you should have kept your original comment to yourself. You acknowledged that if trauma did exist then it was from something else. Then if this is true, it is wrong to laugh at him because for all you know maybe he really was sexually abused as a child. (See Moonkits post)

This was to weredono.

Set, there is skepticism and then there is bullying. Bullying usually occurs in short lazy sentences but not always. "I do not believe you" is not bullying. "This belongs in the trash" is.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

People are cruel and I accept that. You must accept that I will not stop speaking out agaisnt it. Just because people are cruel does not mean that they should be cruel.
Last edited by cumulusprotagonist on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Nothing you have said changes the fact that you should have kept your original comment to yourself. You acknowledged that if trauma did exist then it was from something else. Then if this is true, it is wrong to laugh at him because for all you know maybe he really was sexually abused as a child. (See Moonkits post)

This was to weredono.

Set, there is skepticism and then there is bullying. Bullying usually occurs in short lazy sentences but not always. "I do not believe you" is not bullying. "This belongs in the trash" is.

Yeah, you just went somewhere you didn't want to go with me. Don't even f*** talk to me about being sexually abused. Or having trauma from life experiences. Just don't. Because you have no god damned idea.

Was I laughing at the fact that he could have some other issues? No. I don't know where in the hell you ever got that idea. I was laughing at the idea that he would be abducted.

And, this is the internet. This has been said many many many times. People are going to say what they want. If you don't want to deal with people's opinions, then don't post anything.

No once did I say this belongs in the trash. The fact that I posted that I laughed and found it amusing is funny, means I'm a bully? You have a weird idea of bullies.

This is really no different than someone claiming some wild theory. No different.
It really DOES seem like a cry for attention.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Yeah; in a nutshell: Hamlet was the guy that had been there; and Horatio was the theorist.

Historically; that was the time when the Greek Philosophers had been traslated from the Arabic back to European langnuages, and the thoughts of such people as Aristotle and Plato were all the rage.
Regrettably, the world they had written about, or had been recorded as speaking about had changed immensely in the eighteen or more centuries since their words had been set down. Further, their works had been copied more-or-less accurately into Arabic, then re-translated into-say-English (for Shakespeare's day).
There were some copies of the old Greek philosophies in Europe, but they were either in Latin or Greek, and also had their translational problems...but they did provide a reference of sorts.
The database for all of this was the Library at Alexandria-which had been destroyed by some religious trailer-trash (one of them got Sainted for it: still trailer-trash, though).
SO...Horatio has a book that claims to have all the answers and is trying to convince Hamlet that all he has to do is take a look...
Hence Hamlet's response. He's saying "get your head out of that book and look around! The world is different!"
Yes-He's seen his father's ghost. Yes, he has decided to avenge his dear old daddy; since he won't get to be king now...and he's going to drive his fiancee to madness iin the process...
But, yes; there is more to the universe than Science can currently explain, and hopefully that will always be the case. We NEED to WONDER!

Good enough?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Were Dono wrote:
cumulusprotagonist wrote:Nothing you have said changes the fact that you should have kept your original comment to yourself. You acknowledged that if trauma did exist then it was from something else. Then if this is true, it is wrong to laugh at him because for all you know maybe he really was sexually abused as a child. (See Moonkits post)

This was to weredono.

Yeah, you just went somewhere you didn't want to go with me. Don't even {censored} talk to me about being sexually abused. Or having trauma from life experiences. Just don't. Because you have no god damned idea.

Was I laughing at the fact that he could have some other issues? No. I don't know where in the hell you ever got that idea. I was laughing at the idea that he would be abducted.

And, this is the internet. This has been said many many many times. People are going to say what they want. If you don't want to deal with people's opinions, then don't post anything.

No once did I say this belongs in the trash. The fact that I posted that I laughed and found it amusing is funny, means I'm a bully? You have a weird idea of bullies.

This is really no different than someone claiming some wild theory. No different.
Actually, I see it more as a cry for help. It doesn't matter whether it's real or not. What matters is that it's real to him, and that he's traumatized by it. HE needs to seek professional help immediately.
XIV
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

thats great dude....

abducted by aliens...

wow....talk about not were related.....

thats great dude....now who the hell are you?
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Humans are manipulated everyday. So you don't know what's real and what's fake.

Fred is actually not lying or even making it up. Cause strange things happen on Planet Earth every day I tell ya.

Earth is a very ancient planet, who knows. Science is another manipulating tool that most of the "Impossible" must rely on science and theories.

The Masses are dumbed-down by the mainstream media. After reading most of the comments....I will put some intelligent quotes.

"As a species, we need to acknowledge the depth of our historical dilemma. We will continue to play with half a deck as long as we continue to tolerate cardinals of government and science who presume to dictate where human curiosity can legitimately focus its attention and where it cannot."
- Terence McKenna

"This is why the elite (government) laugh, because the sheeple (humans) being of limited intelligence ignore the real truth and believe everything the elite say. thus the sheeple proclaim their intelligence by believing the doctrines of the elite, people who fail to recognise their enslavement, heck some people love their ignorance."
- Random dude from a forum.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs

Censorship is evil. It robs people of being able to make decisions for themselves.

"An educated person goes to school becomes an uneducated person."
Last edited by IndianaJones on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life wrote:thats great dude....

abducted by aliens...

wow....talk about not were related.....

thats great dude....now who the hell are you?
Just a little bit rude?
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Ah, thank you RedEye. I had the feeling I was pulling things out of my a**, mainly because I haven't read Hamlet yet. I wasn't sure if the quote fit based purely on the immediate context that I saw, partly because, as I said, I suck at Shakespeare, but from what I did understand, I was unsure. I really need to read that play... Or see it. Something. The plot is interesting.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

im being serious...

never seen this guy
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

He's actually been around for quite awhile, he's just not very active.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Were Dono wrote:
cumulusprotagonist wrote:How do you know this is not different? How do you know that there is not real trauma involved in this situation?

And finally:

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt up in your philosophy."

-Shakespeare
I don't believe in Aliens.
Unless there's physical proof, I find it hard to believe how anyone could believe in it.

Aliens started in Hollywood.
And I find it hilarious how similar these ell-edged aliens are to they movie aliens.

If there's trauma, then it's from something else.
You just pointed out that your just another human sheep. Congratulations.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Were Dono wrote:

This was to weredono.

Yeah, you just went somewhere you didn't want to go with me. Don't even {censored} talk to me about being sexually abused. Or having trauma from life experiences. Just don't. Because you have no god damned idea.

Morkulv wrote:Uuuh...

Select > move to trashcan... Oh wait.
MoonKit wrote:Im hesitant to believe any of the grey and reptilian stories. Especially the reptilian ones because it seems people who believe in them swear the whole government is. :roll: I hate to be a nonbeliever but this stuff sounds fishy to me. Sometimes I think children (or adults) suffering from sexual abuse may be convincing themselves that it was aliens who did it because it is easier to comprehend. (but I have no proof of that whatsoever)
Last edited by cumulusprotagonist on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Cumulus, please desist. I'm sure everyone in here will be more excited if instead they heard that our dear friend fredrik was transported into Silent Hill within the body of a prepubescent Esper, and was stranded for god knows how long.

Clearly Fred's feeling real tense, so i find it sick that you'd stoop lower than the ones who're being extremely obnoxious as a result of a knee-jerk reaction.
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Buh.

I'll excuse myself from this discussion, as I let my own person experiences get in the way.
Aka: retarded replies, when replying probably wasn't a good time for me.

So, my apologies.

Heh. Stupid girl.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

kitetsu wrote:Cumulus, please desist. I'm sure everyone in here will be more excited if instead they heard that our dear friend fredrik was transported into Silent Hill within the body of a prepubescent Esper, and was stranded for god knows how long.

Clearly Fred's feeling real tense, so i find it sick that you'd stoop lower than the ones who're being extremely obnoxious as a result of a knee-jerk reaction.
I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that I am making it more tense for Fredrick, and I am just making the situation worse? I was not trying to.

I am sorry, but I am trying to say something here and it feels like most of it is not being understood. I apologize for trying to use an extreme example. I also apologize for the "if you want to be a good person comment", which is cryptic and manipulative.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Were Dono wrote:Buh.

I'll excuse myself from this discussion, as I let my own person experiences get in the way.

So, my apologies.

Heh. Stupid girl.
No... It was stupid of me to use that as an extreme example. I should have realized that I was forgetting the fact that there is no way I could possibly know whether or not you or someone else reading the post was affected by that themselves.

I thought calling the topic hilarous could hurt his feelings.
I felt some of the things being said could be hurtful.
I am sorry.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

train to crazyy town only seats one, choo choo

:D
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

i think cumulus should be free to says what he thinks...

Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:
Were Dono wrote:Buh.

So, my apologies.

Heh. Stupid girl.
No... It was stupid of me to use that as an extreme example. I should have realized that I was forgetting the fact that there is no way I could possibly know whether or not you or someone else reading the post was affected by that themselves.

I thought calling the topic hilarous could hurt his feelings.
I felt some of the things being said could be hurtful.
I am sorry.
Heh, I think we both forgive each other
wolf4life wrote:i think cumulus should be free to says what he thinks...
...But no one else should be?
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

its still kinda of weird that he was gone since july 26, and he comes on the 7 to proclaim a abduction and thats it? weird, not crap, or trash, just weird
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

IndianaJones wrote:Lots o' text...
*pokes* You're weird.
IndianaJones wrote:Humans are manipulated everyday. So you don't know what's real and what's fake.
The Matrix has you!
IndianaJones wrote:Science is another manipulating tool that most of the "Impossible" must rely on science and theories.
First, that sentence makes no sense. Second, I'll never understand all the hate for science. Science is a GOOD THING. We'd all still be stuck in the dark ages thinking the world was flat without it.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

silly set, dont you know? Govt. controls science and they caused Sept.11, it all makes sense! /sarcasam
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:What if this was meant to be taken seriously? I would find it sad if "Fredriksam finally posted something he was afraid to talk about for all this time and get many of the responses he was dreading he would get."
I never said I don't beleive him, rather, that I remain highly skeptical. I am open to every scientific possibility. It's just that some details of his story, and the late timing of him telling it, make it much less convencing. If he seriously beleives it happened, he should be prepared to be countered by those whom are skeptical of such possibility, and I would thus applaud his bravery due to that fact. If I were a werewolf, or an alien abductee, I'd probobly never come forward for fear of being called crazy.

He hasn't responded, so I guess we scared him off. Sheesh.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora