When zombies attack!

The place for anything at all...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

wolf4life wrote:
Sebiale wrote:ROFL, I have to ask, why Disney Land? I mean you could desecrate Bill Gates house instead, if you could the zombies outside of it, and the high tech defense systems that Mr. Gates would probably have installed, and he would probably still be alive, him and the President.

1. I dont care for bill gates

2. I dont care that much about the president

and 3. DISNEY LAND IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

:P
Why not Disney World?
XIV
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

So, wait a minute. The virus is designed so that those who are infected only attack uninfected??? That's so stupid. It kind of reminds me of that Mummy movie. It certainly supports it, especially when Evie''s brother is being chaised by some undead. He starts acting like them and repeat their master's name, "Inhoteb...Inhoeb...Inhoteb...."
So basically, if you're surrounded by a bunch of zombies you just act like them until you're far enough away from them and then throw a grenade at them. That's freaken brilliant!
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

Dreamer wrote:
wolf4life wrote:
Sebiale wrote:ROFL, I have to ask, why Disney Land? I mean you could desecrate Bill Gates house instead, if you could the zombies outside of it, and the high tech defense systems that Mr. Gates would probably have installed, and he would probably still be alive, him and the President.

1. I dont care for bill gates

2. I dont care that much about the president

and 3. DISNEY LAND IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

:P
Why not Disney World?

because that's where the virus started

*screen goes close on my eyes and i glare*

:D
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Avareis wrote:So, wait a minute. The virus is designed so that those who are infected only attack uninfected??? That's so stupid. It kind of reminds me of that Mummy movie. It certainly supports it, especially when Evie''s brother is being chaised by some undead. He starts acting like them and repeat their master's name, "Inhoteb...Inhoeb...Inhoteb...."
So basically, if you're surrounded by a bunch of zombies you just act like them until you're far enough away from them and then throw a grenade at them. That's freaken brilliant!
Does a virus kill it's own? Bacteria slay each other?

Zombies are dull, but they're bright enough to recognize other zombies and not attack them.

Though, I'd not suggest the whole "act like a zombie" bit. They tend to usually be able to figure out who and who isn't zombie, no matter how good your act is.

Of course, they might be fooled, but I'd not risk it myself. :D
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

umm...i suggest not getting close to the zombies :P
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

First and foremost, use up a lot of the ammo I bought in 1999! :lol:
-Z
Faolan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Faolan »

First- fill every container I have with water fill the bath tubs and sinks, so that even if the water runs out I have a ready supply and can boil it if it becomes contaminated with anything.
Second- gather long sleeve thick fabric clothing- mostly winter clothing, and tall boots, cover every part of the body that is easy to bite or grab, tie up hair and cover mouth with bandanna or respirator.
Third-grab a sword, a knife, and bow stave, run for truck after locking up apartment.
Forth- head to nearest grocers, raid- batteries, water, staples, nonperishables, caned food.
Fifth-run back to truck with supplies if possible( also at this point try to recruit other survivors)
Sixth- look for hunting supply store get guns, bullets, and camping supplies, such as camp stoves and generators just in case power outages happen
Finally- head back to strong hold with supplies. snipe zombies from balcony on second story, destroy the stairs just in case.
What do you turn into at night?
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Zombie wrote:First and foremost, use up a lot of the ammo I bought in 1999! :lol:
-Z
*long sigh* It's quotes like these that allow me to ask the rhetorical questions, "Who are these people?" I love it here. Some of you guys just make me laugh.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

If a zombie uprising occurred, that would be the only time to date I'd be thankful to live in a coastal community. I'm assuming zombies can't swim, so I figure I could swim out to one of the many boats docked out in the deeper waters and wait until either the zombies all either get wiped out by the military, starve, or drown trying to get all the way out after me.

I know that doesn't sound very entertaining, but my strategy would be to conserve my strength so I could have fun after all the zombies are dead.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(Terastas, Sorry to burst your bubble, but...
Zombies can't drown. They're already , so, they'd probably be able to float, and then... you're ZOMBIE FOOD, Muwahahahaha. :evil:
Okay that was stupid, but...)
One of my friends (weredragon511) is a Resident Evil fanatic, and she has the zombie survival guide too. Oh... and i have a fear that the local graveyard residents will one day rise and either come after us...
Or, they are their olds selves, just rotting and smelling bad, and just want to talk. Interesting idea, but i have one more thing...
28 Weeks later; Rage Virus; Zombies ain't slow.
WHAT NOW? :evillaugh:
(Good point. I'd say, they're royally (bleeped) However, i was just wondering about something. What if the virus has more of a... hive mind system. It's connected to all the other groups of viruses, and that's why it doesn't attack any of the others. Also, maybe the virus mutated so that it could revive the . Remember in RE2, the T-Virus was used to keep the one professor's daughter walking, though she should have been in a wheelchair.
Still, what creeps me out the most, is that their are real life zombies. In the voodoo religion, someone can poison another with a special plant that puts them into a like state. They are buried, and the sorcerer digs them up, and turns them into slaves. In some countries, they even have a law about this: it's considered to do this, even if the person that's afflicted survives. Now that's creepy.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

While I agree that Zombies would float, I don't think they could actually get anywhere, i'm pretty sure swimming would be beyond their physical capabilities, unless they somehow know instinctively. Babies can instinctively swim for a few months after their born, but the ability fades eventually...there's a macabre idea, swimming baby zombies *eye twitches*.

Though like I said earlier, the zombies could infect the marine creatures, if they are the type of zombies that attack animals, and then the oceans would be infected as well, and then you'd be trapped in the ocean and the infection would eventually reach you, and then you have zombie lobsters, crabs, sharks even, and zombie birds. Once the avians are infected, your screwed unless you somehow have an underground facility with a life-time supply of living materials, and then there might be zombie worms...though they would have a bit more trouble hurting you. And then you would be bored, isolated underground for the remainder of your natural,-and whatever un-natural-life you have.

...Tell me if I start running on, i'll try to stop.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Post by LightPaws »

wolf4life wrote:hmmm...what to do....what to do....

I KNOW!!! RUN TO CANADA!!! *runs to cananda* wait...i dont like canada... *runs to AUSTRAILIA* YEA!!

but seriously...

I think...I would rob some kind of store, get two hanguns, a shotgun, like 20 grenades, a chicago typewriter, a rocket launcher with 2 shots, two magnums, and a sniper....OH!!! and alot and alot alot of AMMO!!!

Then after that...make my way to Vegas where I can drink some beers and have a shoot out in the city of lights :D

And after that...go to Japan where the zombies left because they got bored there... live my life there till possibly the last person on earth or like theres one other person...hopefully a girl :P

And, since the zombies would eventually make there way to us, or we would have to leave for more food, like twinkies...they never die :P and then fight it all out until we die or win and then repopulate the earth...

and if I am stuck with a guy....

we'll drink to the death! :lol:
I love you for the RE references. But I'd rather get an INFINITE launcher if I were you.

Flame throwers and incediary grenades work if you're not in the direct vicinity, but the only thing worse than zombies shambling towards you is ZOMBIES ON FIRE SHAMBLING TOWARDS YOU.

Silencers would do you well, because noise would attract more zombies. Don't bring just guns. Swords, knives, and crowbars will be extremely useful. NO CHAINSAWS! The noise will bring more zombies, and you could risk hacking off your own body parts.

I'd bring a shotgun with wideshot, an assault rifle, two to four handguns, six grenades, 4 incenerary grenades,(flash grenades won't work. Eyes will be one of the first to rot off) a bowie knife, my throwing knives, the shortsword I stole from my cousin, and a map.

I'd bring enough food and water to last two weeks, plus a first aid kit(no,wolf4life, not first aid Spray)

My zombie crew(yes, my friends and I have been planning this for years) includes an aikidoist, a kickboxer, two weapons experts, and a drill sergeant.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote: 28 Weeks later; Rage Virus; Zombies ain't slow.
Two things:
1. Ragers, being living, aren't really zombies.
2. The thought that Ragers would do so much damage is silly. Any competent military (like Britain's, which is where the movie take place, right? Never really watched them, just heard about them) should be able to crush them. Gas them, nuke them, set up a fortified position and blast them to hell. I mean, hell, you could even equip your guys with shark suits.

I mean, if it'll stop anything short of a great white, what chance does a human have of getting through it?

Of course, most zombie movies require military blunders like that to enable their scenarios to come to be. Shaun of The Dead pretty much showed how it'd probably go down. It'd last a few days then the military rolls in and everything that doesn't breathe dies.
Sebiale wrote:While I agree that Zombies would float, I don't think they could actually get anywhere, i'm pretty sure swimming would be beyond their physical capabilities, unless they somehow know instinctively. Babies can instinctively swim for a few months after their born, but the ability fades eventually...there's a macabre idea, swimming baby zombies *eye twitches*.
Flotation is acquired through gases giving us buoyancy.

Jump in a pool, expell your air and do not attempt to stay afloat. You will quickly discover that you are sinking. This is where those non-breathing ambulatory cannibalistic corpses will be as well.
Though like I said earlier, the zombies could infect the marine creatures, if they are the type of zombies that attack animals, and then the oceans would be infected as well, and then you'd be trapped in the ocean and the infection would eventually reach you, and then you have zombie lobsters, crabs, sharks even, and zombie birds. Once the avians are infected, your screwed unless you somehow have an underground facility with a life-time supply of living materials, and then there might be zombie worms...though they would have a bit more trouble hurting you. And then you would be bored, isolated underground for the remainder of your natural,-and whatever un-natural-life you have.

...Tell me if I start running on, i'll try to stop.
Viruses aren't known to be very easily transmitted cross-species. It's just as likely the marine life will eat the zombies and suffer no ill effects. Beyond those that entail with eating rotted corpses, of course.

Which is likely why Max Brooks included the "zombie virus kills animals if they bite a zombie, lol" in his Zombie survival Guide and World War Z. Because lone shamblers would get toasted by animal life. And small hordes would have trouble with agile things like packs of wolves, or big strong bears.
LightPaws wrote: Flame throwers and incediary grenades work if you're not in the direct vicinity, but the only thing worse than zombies shambling towards you is ZOMBIES ON FIRE SHAMBLING TOWARDS YOU.
Flamethrowers are extremely hot. Any zombie in the path of the 200 feet stream of hellfire would immediately be roasted so fast they'd die right there. Flamethrowers burn at such temperatures that your muscles sieze up from the searing they recieve. Any zed not slain likely will lay there quietly as they smoulder and burn. It's body too badly damaged to response to it's attempts to rise again.

Grenades? Unlike video games, they have a large radius and are incredibly damaging to the human body. Any zed hit by one would be left unable to properly pursue you, if they even survived.
Silencers would do you well, because noise would attract more zombies. Don't bring just guns. Swords, knives, and crowbars will be extremely useful. NO CHAINSAWS! The noise will bring more zombies, and you could risk hacking off your own body parts.
Guns > swords. Because:
1. Guns have range. Range is essential to surviving a zombie encounter.
2. Guns require no inherent strength to use. Just the ability to aim it.
3. You will tire of crushing skulls long before you run out of bullets unless you are some sort of athlete or lacking ammo.
4. And finally, not every survivor is likely to be sane. Or willing to play nice. So it's good to have a gun in case someone else does. It's never fun to be the guy who brought the knife to the gun fight.

And knives? Unless the zed has you cornered and there's no alternative, I'd suggest using something else. Forcing a knife through someone's brainpan is not easy, nor is sawing off their head. And they have no range at all. Chainsaws are also bad, but less because of the noise and more because they can't chew through flesh well - it gums up the chain. Also fuel.

Gun with suppressor > all. Heh. Especially indoors.
I'd bring a shotgun with wideshot, an assault rifle, two to four handguns, six grenades, 4 incenerary grenades,(flash grenades won't work. Eyes will be one of the first to rot off) a bowie knife, my throwing knives, the shortsword I stole from my cousin, and a map.
Drop the throwing knives, the excess handguns and I'd wonder where you'd acquire hand grenades. Or an assault rifle. Then again, after some time, I imagine those might be acquired off a dead soldier or something. As to my other revisions, a throwing knife is unlikely to pierce the skull (or deal satisfactory damage to another body part to damage the zed's motor functions) so they're dead weight. You only need one handgun because even trained professionals know you can only effectively use one handgun at a time and unless you're using four guns of the same caliber, you'd end up carrying four types of ammunition! Pick one. Preferably in 9mm. Simply because police, army, and gangstas use it as their caliber of choice. Meaning lots of ammo for you.
I'd bring enough food and water to last two weeks, plus a first aid kit(no,wolf4life, not first aid Spray)

My zombie crew(yes, my friends and I have been planning this for years) includes an aikidoist, a kickboxer, two weapons experts, and a drill sergeant.
I have no idea what aikido is, a martial art? Anyways, martial arts are worthless. Zombies will grab you, pull you in and you'll be screwed. Zombies feel no pain so escaping their grasp isn't easy. And any fighter will tell you that you'll break your fist before you can break someone's skull. Skull smashing always has required tools. Even if it was a caveman using a rock in the old days when his fist didn't work so well.

Bring guns and tools that function well as melee weapons or actual melee weapons. The only thing martial arts will help against is an unarmed fellow human or by it's side-effects of leaving you physically fit. And then evade, evade, evade.

Zombie hunting is for the professionals. That's why keeping down noise is stressed for the survivor. Your goal is survival, not elimination of the threat. :D
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(Well, if zombies did want to get across the ocean, they could do a Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl thing. (The Skeleton's walk along the bottom of the ocean floor.) And i never watched the 28 days or 28 weeks later movies either. that was just what i heard someone else comparing them too. Any way, that whole military thing getting things under control would work... unless the virus got to them first. (Zombies falls into water tower. Cops drink water, they get infected. Oh, (Bleep). kind of thing) Anyway, why are we talking about zombies on a werewolf site anyway? :? Oh well.)

Even if the military does try to stop them, what happens if, say, they don't?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

ROFLMFAO!!
A valuable lesson for when the zombies come after us.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:(Well, if zombies did want to get across the ocean, they could do a Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl thing. (The Skeleton's walk along the bottom of the ocean floor.) And i never watched the 28 days or 28 weeks later movies either. that was just what i heard someone else comparing them too. Any way, that whole military thing getting things under control would work... unless the virus got to them first. (Zombies falls into water tower. Cops drink water, they get infected. Oh, (Bleep). kind of thing) Anyway, why are we talking about zombies on a werewolf site anyway? :? Oh well.)

Even if the military does try to stop them, what happens if, say, they don't?
It's hard to see how they wouldn't. I could easily see a zombie horde being crushed by a rush of tanks. Firing their guns and smooshing anything that survives both the main cannon and the machine gun. Or, in defense of a city, knocking out any stairs in some defend-able buildings and blasting zombies from the upper floors, with more ammo regularly flown in by helicopter, etc.

If they don't, though, how boned you are depends on where you live. Some countries don't let citizens go armed, or have tight restrictions on it (like England) others, like America, will (depending on state) let you have everything short of explosives and automatics. An AR-15 is essentially an M16 with autofire removed, after all.

Oh, and funny video Shadow. Heheheh. I forgot how blocky RE2 was.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

If zombies can only float, they either get washed back on the shore or get swept out with the tide. As long as I picked the right boat, I'd be fine.

Regarding marine creatures and/or birds being infected, the zombie survival manual said the virus only affects humans. :P

Well, then again, the book is crap in a way too. It basically said that the virus turns zombies into creatures that require absolutely no food, water or air. . . But if that's the case, WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME?!!

So I'm assuming that zombies would drown and/or starve. And even if they didn't, they're reanimated corpses. The very first wave they stepped out into could take their legs off.

It's also because things tend to decompose faster in flowing water that I wouldn't be worried about marine undead.

Regarding avians, I don't think I'd see many of them because, when you think of zombies, they're usually really slow moving, presumably because they've been dead for a while. An undead bird just wouldn't have the motor skills to get off the ground, and even if they did, they're reanimated corpses -- a good breeze could rip their wings right off.

And, even if they could fly out to sea at the boats, all I'd need to do is lock all the doors and windows and stay off the deck (which I'd probably be doing to stay warm at night and keep from getting sunburned in the day anyway). A bunch of zombie humans might be able to force open a door or break a window, but these are birds: three pound animals with a hallow bone structure. You could make do with precautions that wouldn't be effective against the zombies on land.

Don't forget that, like I said, I live in a coastal community. A fishing boat for me isn't just a rowboat out in a lake -- I'm talking about real commercial fishing vessels. If I could get out to one of those (or better yet, one of the whale watch tour boats), you really could live out there for a week or two if you knew how.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

LightPaws wrote:
wolf4life wrote:hmmm...what to do....what to do....

I KNOW!!! RUN TO CANADA!!! *runs to cananda* wait...i dont like canada... *runs to AUSTRAILIA* YEA!!

but seriously...

I think...I would rob some kind of store, get two hanguns, a shotgun, like 20 grenades, a chicago typewriter, a rocket launcher with 2 shots, two magnums, and a sniper....OH!!! and alot and alot alot of AMMO!!!

Then after that...make my way to Vegas where I can drink some beers and have a shoot out in the city of lights :D

And after that...go to Japan where the zombies left because they got bored there... live my life there till possibly the last person on earth or like theres one other person...hopefully a girl :P

And, since the zombies would eventually make there way to us, or we would have to leave for more food, like twinkies...they never die :P and then fight it all out until we die or win and then repopulate the earth...

and if I am stuck with a guy....

we'll drink to the death! :lol:
I love you for the RE references. But I'd rather get an INFINITE launcher if I were you.

Flame throwers and incediary grenades work if you're not in the direct vicinity, but the only thing worse than zombies shambling towards you is ZOMBIES ON FIRE SHAMBLING TOWARDS YOU.

yea but the chicago typewriter never runs out of bullets....i think i could last for a long time with just that baby...

hehehe....

*imagines*

:evil: :) :D

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Umm. . . I'm curious, why is running to Canada a bad idea? Wouldn't a reanimated corpse be frozen solid in minutes? Really, instead of mucking around with all these weapons and barricades we've been talking about, the people in Canada could just wait ten minutes and then whack em' with a shovel. :grinp:
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

What about Antarctica? Of course, instead of zombies, you'd now have to worry about shapeshifting alien abominations :P .
XIV
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Terastas wrote:Umm. . . I'm curious, why is running to Canada a bad idea? Wouldn't a reanimated corpse be frozen solid in minutes? Really, instead of mucking around with all these weapons and barricades we've been talking about, the people in Canada could just wait ten minutes and then whack em' with a shovel. :grinp:
Canada might be a bad idea because:
1) Unless you know how to deal with the cold and pack the essentials (and nothing else) you might get killed by Mother nature instead of the stiffened or frozen zeds. Would be a real lame way to die in a Zombie apocalypse.

2) Other people might rush there in grand mobs. And thus things would get crowded and nasty and s*** might hit the fan.

3) Zombies won't be frozen in the summer.

4) The accents will drive you crazy. (Just kidding, heh! :grinp: )
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

I already have almost everything I need already!
M-4 A2
1911 A1
Accurized HK 91 (for those far-out there shots)
A defensible housing
A spring (water, water everywhere)
Woodland (cleared away from the house for 300 yards in all directions)
a wood stove
enough canned/stored food to outlast anything thats rotting apart.

Idealy, Is like to have the above, with the addition of Gemtech supressors, subsonic amminition, a M-79 with a few crates of HE or HEDP rounds (to take out several with one round), and up-armored vehicle (durability) and a source of fuel and electricity (generator).

-Z
Jarden
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Jarden »

I'd grab my "Zombie Apocalypse Supply" (seven 48-packs of ramen), pack my grand assortment of flannel jammies and unused seed packs, grab my Vespa of doom, stop by the gun shop, and take I-81 into the beloved Canadada and all those Canadadians, eh?
"River running free, You know how I feel" --Feeling Good.
Which, at 3 AM, didn't make any sense to me. The river is (usually,) always running. So, it really wouldn't know how he felt. Imagine what the river would give to play a game, write a play or run right back up the hill. Now, that's freedom.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Aki wrote:Canada might be a bad idea because:
1) Unless you know how to deal with the cold and pack the essentials (and nothing else) you might get killed by Mother nature instead of the stiffened or frozen zeds. Would be a real lame way to die in a Zombie apocalypse.

2) Other people might rush there in grand mobs. And thus things would get crowded and nasty and s*** might hit the fan.

3) Zombies won't be frozen in the summer.

4) The accents will drive you crazy. (Just kidding, heh! :grinp: )
All good and valid points, which is why the flee-to-Canada plan needs some tweaking.

1) Either seek haven in the cities or raid an abandoned sporting goods store on your way up. Skip the "camping" aisle and go straight to "mountaineering" because those will be the tents, apparel etc. built with cold temperatures in mind.

2) Collect "peace offerings" on your way to the northern border like food, fuel, ammunitions, Nintendo Wiis, anything you could use to barter your way into Canada if there is a great rush.

3) Move to Canada in the winter so you'll have until Spring to stock and barricade it for the Summer. Then next Winter you can dig out and stock up again for the next Summer.

4) So would the accents in the South, the Bronx, East Boston, etc. :grinp: Besides, if you had to surround yourself with either a bunch of people going "eh," or a bunch of people going "brainnnnnnns!" would you really prefer the latter?