The worst films in filmdom

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

Well then dont se the movie. You will pee your pants. I took It out half way threw. I dont even remeber how I came about watching it.
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

(shutters).....(shutters)
horrible.....It's in my mind....It in my mind.....Go to think of something else...Got to think of Keanu Reaves' bad movie....Matrix movies......The Replacements......Speed.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

Well Im afraid of the movie IT with the clown. :cry: It makes me cry. I tryed top turn the movie around so the clown wasent there but his pic was on the back to. it sucked
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Dont be afraid, its only the Home Alone kid :D He is harmless :lol:
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

its not the kid.... :cry: It's the image! It's disturbing! :cry:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Lets see, movies I thought were simply horrible. Well excluding anything that popped up on Mystery Science Theatre...

Super Mario Bro's the movie: GAH! Campy, cheesy, horrible lines, way too dark and science-fictiony looking. They couldn't even keep the characters or the plot straight and consistent. About the only good thing I can say about this movie is that the speciel effect for Yoshi was pretty neat for it's day.

Street Fighter The Movie: Another game to movie adaptation. Similer to the Super Mario Bro's movie, it was riddled with problems. The biggest problem though was that was plot was horrible and was made worse by the fact that they went out of thier way to squeeze in as many Street Fighter characters as possible.

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
: Campy but not funny, way overblown speciel effects wise and riddled with crumby characterization.

Jurrasic Park 2 and 3: The plots were poor excuses for speciel effects, nothing more, nothing less. The acting was, typically poor in both films, the jokes were, cheesy and unspectacular. Worst yet by the time they got to the first film they threw out a lot of the realism from the first movie and simply had the Dinosaurs look and act however they wanted.

The script for the 4th film is even worse I must warn you. Can you say teenage mutant commando dinomorphs?

Steel and Kazam: Steel was based loosly on the man of Steel character from DC comics, the fellow who dressed up in an iron superman suit and helped fill the void after Superman was killed by Doomsday.

I actually liked this character to an extent, however the plot of the movie was campy, deviated drastically from the comics, and worst yet, it starred Shaquile O'Niel. I'll make it short, this guy can't act at ALL. The fact that the script looked to be written by a 13 year old didn't help either. Kazam, well, pretty much the same problem, Shaq can't act and the movie pretty much put all bets on his name raking in ticket sales.

Okay, now I must point out that I saw somebody mention Hellboy earlier, and I actually liked that movie. A few lines felt a little ackward but otherwise I walked away from it very satisfied.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Terastas wrote:Reign in Darkness
Darkwolf
Crossroads
Anything by Ken Russel
Eraserhead
And I'll add to my list:

Life Aquatic: Bill Murray and Owen Wilson can't act, Wes Anderson can't write, and I haven't seen stop animation since Beetlejuice.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: Maybe I just resent this movie because my brother/roommate has watched it with the volume cranked up at full blast every single day for the past month, but I fail to see how a two hours of drug humor, toilet humor and genital herpes references accompanied by a storyline about two stoners with the munchies is amusing.

Titanic: I think we can all agree on this one.
Last edited by Terastas on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

In defense of Wes Anderson:
Terastas wrote:Wes Anderson can't wright.
But at least he can spell! (it's "write")
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Howling Fan wrote:(it's "write")
If you're going to be picky about spelling, you're going to be hard at work in this forum!
:lol:

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Howling Fan wrote:(it's "write")
If you're going to be picky about spelling, you're going to be hard at work in this forum!
:lol:

-- Vilkacis

Thats Howling Fan fer ya. <-----I meant to spell it that way, Howling Fan :D
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Titanic: I hate films like this! Turning a horrible tragedy into a money making love freakin' story! And Rose is a damn w**** for sleeping with Jack in that short amount of time. AND in the backseat in someone's car! :roll:

The Day After Tomorrow: More like "Dumb a** movie that insults my freakin' intelligence"!! Aw, I was one of the poor saps that went to see this movie with my friend. We and most of the audience was groaning at the horrible dialogue and unbelievably stupid effects. Not only that but many other things don't make since:

- Why in the heck was there is people running from the cold, literally!? Yes the freakin' frost moves like an living creature in this movie!

-Those dog things. What were they!?! If those were SUPPOSE to be wolves then they are freaking dumb asses. Wolves are proven not to ever harm a human no matter how hungry they are! (Except werewolves :lol: ).And they were zoo animals! Also, the wolf ran do fast and hard that when the guy closed the door on it, it bursts (yes bursts like a tomato) blood on the window and walks away. Those wolf scene was so stupid I won't even go on. :roll:

-If the icescapes melted (and they was smart enough to put the fact that if fresh water and salt water mix in the ocean, it WOULD cause an climate shift. Why an ice age I don't know. :roll: ) why was the save places in the southern hemisphere. Didn't ALL the icescapes melt? So woundn't Antarctica melt too!?!

-when they was in the room burning books, they didn't stop to burn the wooden furniture that would have given them more warmth.

-One of my favorites, Dennis Quaid HIKES from Philadelphia (my hometown) to Downtown New York in the middle of a SNOWSTORM, in 2 DAYS while dragging his unconscious friend!

-and my most favorite dumb thing in this "movie", The snow clears in a couple days and it seems to have taken away all the pollution in the world! Horay!!!!!! :roll:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

JonathanBaine wrote:The Replacements
:( I liked that movie. Just ignore the fact that Keanu is a pansy and focus on the sumo wrestler and the Welsh kicker. :D
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

There is actually a theory that states that global warming would lead to a second ice-age, however as with many theories related to global warming it's a little dicey.

The theory goes that with the ice caps melted more moisture would evaperate and in the high altitudes would fall to the earth as snow, especially during the winter. The idea being that the snow will act as a mirror and reflect heat back out into outer-space.

The problem with this theory is that the altitude at which snow can form year round would likely go up due to the initial heat increase, which would reduce where snow could fall year round. Plus, since most the reflection happens on the surface it wouldn't matter if there was 1 foot or snow or 5 feet, the change in heat reflected would be little.

Now I know I'm prejudiced here since I'm a right wing loonatic but I will state for the record that global warming (or more accuratly climate change) has a tendency to be 10% fact and 90% hype. In the case of the Day After Tommorow though they pretty much threw fact completly out the window.

PS: If you want to debate climate change with me, contact me in private. I don't want to litter this forum with such a debate.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

*Takes a big sip of water*
I....
WolvenOne wrote: PS: If you want to debate climate change with me, contact me in private. I don't want to litter this forum with such a debate.
Well, nevermind. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Allen wrote:-If the icescapes melted (and they was smart enough to put the fact that if fresh water and salt water mix in the ocean, it WOULD cause an climate shift. Why an ice age I don't know. :roll: ) why was the save places in the southern hemisphere. Didn't ALL the icescapes melt? So woundn't Antarctica melt too!?!
Antartica is an actual continent. The North pole is just roughly twelve feet of ice over the ocean, whereas in the south pole, most of if not all of the ice has land underneath it.

I singled that one out because it was the easiest to answer. The rest, of course, you were right about the stupidity of.

As for the whole global warming thing, well... Personally I don't think the whole "that won't happen for a hundred years" debate serves as an excuse, but if there's one thing I've learned from other online forums about anything that the politicians manage to distort into a matter of Left vs. Right, it's that no matter how one-sided an argument may be, whenever it's political, the only thing debate will lead to is forum members resenting each other.

*sighs* Well... Bye guys. I'm off to rant at my brother/roommate for not paying his share of the rent again and watching Harold and Kumar for the 30th time this month.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Too much information

Post by Scott Gardener »

Look Who's Talking Too, particularly the talking toilet scenes. If you value your brain at all, don't ever see this. Don't even see the Tri Star Pictures logo BEFORE the movie, as it's been corrupted and talks like Mr. Ed.

Teen Wolf Too, further proof that any sequel that can't spell "Two" should be avoided. Imagine the emotional horror as you are transformed into a lycanthrope, a werewolf (OK, around here, we've kind of thought about that a little more than most people). Now, picture seeing that on the reflective surface of a tuba. That's the movie's high point. The low would have to be the scene that climaxes with a dead frog fight.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Super Mario Bro's the movie: GAH! Campy, cheesy, horrible lines, way too dark and science-fictiony looking. They couldn't even keep the characters or the plot straight and consistent. About the only good thing I can say about this movie is that the speciel effect for Yoshi was pretty neat for it's day.
I would have to agree that the movie was very unrealistic and unprobable, and the only thing realted to Mario Brothers is Mario and Luigi who are plumbers, and they traveled through a pipe. Yet I did actully really like that movie alot. Unfortuanly after my brothers forced me to watch and rewatch our DVD of it over and over and over! I'm sick of it.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I actually liked "Super Mario Bros." for, like, the first five minutes when they were plumbers in Brooklyn. That followed the video game's storyline pretty well. Then, as soon as they entered that stupid dino-alternate universe-whatever-world, it didn't exactly adhere to the game. How far did it stray? About 5 seconds in upon arriving at said ridiculous world, Mario bumps into a nice, sweet, kindly looking old lady. And then.....immediatley produces a huge rifle from her purse, blasting away at anything that moves. I'm not sure I remember gun-toting grandmas in my childhood heyday of playing "Super Mario Bros." Must have been taken from a secret room in the original game. I mean, did the screenwriters ever play the game at all? Maybe they got it confused with "Doom."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:Titanic: I think we can all agree on this one.
I liked Titanic...Image
WolvenOne wrote:Jurrasic Park 2 and 3: The plots were poor excuses for speciel effects, nothing more, nothing less. The acting was, typically poor in both films, the jokes were, cheesy and unspectacular. Worst yet by the time they got to the first film they threw out a lot of the realism from the first movie and simply had the Dinosaurs look and act however they wanted.
I agree that JP3 was a disaster...but dispite the numerous stupid things that happened in 2, I could not help but enjoy it. I liked #2 almost as much as the original. Both were complete nonsense (1&2)...but they were both fun to watch.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

A few years ago a Dutch director made a Hollywood-remake of his own movie 'De Lift', it was called 'Down', and even sucked more then the original (Dutch-only) movie. The story goes about a elevator that has a mind of his own, and starts killing people.

Sounds cheesy allready? Wait to you see the movie. :cry: Also known as The Shaft.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247303/
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

worst movie ever?... howard the duck.... nuff said
Dreamerwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Dreamerwolf »

Everyone I know can't believe I feel this way, but I hated Forest Gump. That movie grated on my every nerve and I can't stand it.
~A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes~

~For a Dreamer, Night's the only time of day~
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

cant blame ya, but i still hate howard the f***ing duck
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Searif Bogard wrote:worst movie ever?... howard the duck.... nuff said
I think I know what route you're taking in terms of what makes a movie horrible, but I don't think Howard the Duck is quite at the bottom of that pile. That was a movie that was meant to be corny.

And besides, this is the last forum I would think anyone would diss a movie starring a duck. ^_^

Here's one I think we can all agree on:
Suburban Commando
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Terastas wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:worst movie ever?... howard the duck.... nuff said
I think I know what route you're taking in terms of what makes a movie horrible, but I don't think Howard the Duck is quite at the bottom of that pile. That was a movie that was meant to be corny.

And besides, this is the last forum I would think anyone would diss a movie starring a duck. ^_^

Here's one I think we can all agree on:
Suburban Commando
i dont care :lol: he is not rubber so i hate him