New mods/admins needed.

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote: First off, this particular thread was started with the best of intentions. To help take off some of the workload for Figarou. His posts have got a 'stressed-out' vibe to them lately I think.(even if he thinks he's not...just how it seems)
How many mods was in place after I 1st became an admin? None.

I watched over this forum all by myself for a while. Then it got to the point where I needed some help. Vilkacis became my 1st mod. Now how come he is not a mod now? Cause he doesn't have the time for it.

In case you guys didn't know, Lupin is ALSO an admin. He is so busy with his work...he hardly has time to come here.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

We will be 3 years old soon. And we still have debates on my actions here.
I dont recall anything negative being said about you as an admin. If anything, SOME debates in just in the past week or two. Its no big deal :)
I think I'll take that "vacation" now. A permanent one.
What? You mean leaving The Pack forever? :o I hope thats not what you meant.
Or that it is not just from what I said :( I'm just trying to help out a bit. I agree that you need help with admin. duties. I'm sure a lot of people here would be willing to help. Just gotta ask around :) And if you feel you need a break, thats fine. I dont want to see you leave for good though :(
Last edited by Silverclaw on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:
I think I'll take that "vacation" now. A permanent one.
What? You mean leaving The Pack forever? :o I hope thats not what you meant.

A permanent vacation from watching over this forum. I'm not leaving "The Pack."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Oh, ok. Just glad you'll still be around at least. If you feel you cant handle all the admin. stuff, that's fine and is your decision. Maybe sometime in the future you can take it up again if you feel up to it. :)
Who is the main administrator here now then?

Your still the Pack Representative. Officially or non-officially :wink:
Last edited by Silverclaw on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Edit...............
Last edited by Xiroteus on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Oh, ok. Just glad you'll still be around at least. If you feel you cant handle all the admin. stuff, thats fine and is your decision. Maybe sometime in the future you can take it up again if you feel up to it. :)
Who is the main administrator here now then?

The weight is now on Jokerwolf's shoulders. Lupin is hardly around. So no weight is on his.
Silverclaw wrote:
Your still the Pack Representative. Officially or non-officially :wink:

Thats something I created. I didn't want to be called "Administrator." It didn't fit me right.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Geez..Wth is going on here?! Why are we snapping at each other? Where's the love? What has happened to the pack? I feel the pack is falling apart here..This is disgusting to me..To see this silly debate..I have been on the pack nearly since it began an I have seen many debates an many arguements. People getting chewed up an slammed... As an admin here I am not going to allow this to continue from anyone.. Yes I was outta town but I been back since the 2nd..I did mention that I didn't think I could handle the Pack, but I have since shanged my mind as I told Fig..

Now then sure I agree Fig needs a break..He's been working so damn hard..*sighs* I'm sure fig meant no harm to anyones comment, but how some things we're worded towards him could have been better an nicer..It would almost seem as if you we're jumping on him.. Most of us here are adults right? So lets hold this place together an make it better an those who are joining or will be joining I'm sure would like to be welcomed not come in an see us arguing like small children.. Please folks try to do this..

As far as needing assisitance that can be discussed surely. If you have any concerns tho remember to PM me or any of the Mods around here as i am sure we can help :howl:  :oo
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Figarou wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:
We will be 3 years old soon. And we still have debates on my actions here.
I dont recall anything negative being said about you as an admin. If anything, SOME debates in just in the past week or two. Its no big deal :)

This dates back to 2005.

http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... 5627#15627
Oh come on. We're always mad at whoever locks any thread just because we dont like them locked. It just so happens that you're usually the one to do it. And you have the right. But, its like kids who get angry with their parents for not letting them eat to much junk food. We werent angry at you really, just that the thread was locked.

OK. So. I guess we're finding a new Admin. or several of them before Joker gets too stressed out too. Maybe we should start by posting the duties and what it will require. To be honest, Im not entirely sure myself. Then everyone should really consider if they can do it or not. What do you think? We have people who can do it volunteer and then if there's too many we cast a vote? Or will that make the people not voted for feel bad?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

MoonKit wrote: Oh come on. We're always mad at whoever locks any thread just because we dont like them locked. It just so happens that you're usually the one to do it. And you have the right. But, its like kids who get angry with their parents for not letting them eat to much junk food. We werent angry at you really, just that the thread was locked.

OK. So. I guess we're finding a new Admin. or several of them before Joker gets too stressed out too. Maybe we should start by posting the duties and what it will require. To be honest, Im not entirely sure myself. Then everyone should really consider if they can do it or not. What do you think? We have people who can do it volunteer and then if there's too many we cast a vote? Or will that make the people not voted for feel bad?
I appreciate the concern MoonKit, but if it comes to that I will voice it here on the pack.. I am not against having help either..For the time being I am unemployed so I am fine right now as far as handling the Pack with the other 2 Mods. The main thing I see going is the making of threads simalar threads where people have started debates over before being posted over an over again. I remember Fig saying that folks would be banned if threads like them we're started again.. Has anyone been banned yet? No..Not at all..Fig is just throwing out a warning.. If no one got banned before you should all see this as just a blunt warning.. Not that he's getting an attitude.. Geez alot of folks on here snap even myself at times.. You can't attack one member for doing so when you do it yourself..That's hardly fair at all..
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I dont understand what's going on here.

Everyone has pretty much agreed we need a new Admin. Especially now that Fig resigned. And we're still not going to do it? No offense Joker but periodically you find yourself going through tough stuff in your life. I dont think you should be handling it alone. We didnt think Fig should have either. One Admin is NOT enough. This is a fairly large board.

I dont understand the hostility and the reluctance of the Admins for help. The rest of us are willing to take some of the burden off your shoulder and we're met with hostility. I could be wrong but I'm getting the vibe that the Admins are having trouble letting the responsibility go to other hands. But there are plenty of older, respectable members who have been around for years who you can trust.

And considering this is neither Joker's nor Fig's nor any of the Mods boards, without AB jumping in, this is a democracy(or at least it is in my opinion). And if the rest of the pack thinks we need a new Admin I dont think its fair for the Admins to tell us no. We're trying to help. Dont be jerks and try and handle it all alone. What Pariah suggested was a very lovely gesture that we're all backing.

I give up too.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

MoonKit wrote:I dont understand what's going on here.

Everyone has pretty much agreed we need a new Admin. Especially now that Fig resigned. And we're still not going to do it? No offense Joker but periodically you find yourself going through tough stuff in your life. I dont think you should be handling it alone. We didnt think Fig should have either. One Admin is NOT enough. This is a fairly large board.

I dont understand the hostility and the reluctance of the Admins for help. The rest of us are willing to take some of the burden off your shoulder and we're met with hostility. I could be wrong but I'm getting the vibe that the Admins are having trouble letting the responsibility go to other hands. But there are plenty of older, respectable members who have been around for years who you can trust.

And considering this is neither Joker's nor Fig's nor any of the Mods boards, without AB jumping in, this is a democracy(or at least it is in my opinion). And if the rest of the pack thinks we need a new Admin I dont think its fair for the Admins to tell us no. We're trying to help. Dont be jerks and try and handle it all alone. What Pariah suggested was a very lovely gesture that we're all backing.

I give up too.
Apparently you did not read it all..I said I am NOT against having help.. I wasn't being nasty nor was I hostile like you seem to be saying here..I am not trying to take it on alone..If that was the case I would have said I don't need Kae or Shadow, but I am not..I said it 2 times I am not against having help.. You seem to be the one getting hostile towards me here..I have yet to say something rude or out of line. I don't appreciate being called a Jerk either..Have I called you any names Moonkit? Have I called anyone any names? Why are you attacking me now? I don't mind help at all.. I am not against wat Pariah said either... But you know wat.. On a side note...Fig has done alot for the Pack..I have done my share of things for the pack too..More than I should have I believe only now to be call a Jerk..That really pisses me off..Badly.. I've not disrespected anyone on here yet, but now that I am trying to defend Fig here I am a Jerk.. I never said one admin is enough.. I was talking about how I posted on DA about me being Pack admin..

Did that not seem like a call out for help? *sighs* I feel like I'm talking to brick walls here..I hear you but you don't hear me..You reading everything wrong here. Geez I'm not perfect..None of us are.. Even before I got this admin status I was always trying to calm debates.. Before you joined MoonKit an alot of others..This has been an on going thing now, but I just have the "rank" I guess now to hopefully make things stick here.. I have stood up for alot of people here on the pack before I got this new title..You know who you are an I see you directly attacking folks now an myself.. To me this says you couldn't handle an even more delicate situation..If you cannot handle this without name calling an directly insulting someone.. I will be thinking about this tho.. Cause I don't want to hand the power over to one who will abuse it..Also something I have yet to do.. But I guess that doesn't matter the good I have done..

I should be the one throwing in the towel here, but I'm not..I got a job to do here
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

hay guys, calm down, can't we talk about this without acting like five year olds?

can't this be settled without name calling?

I've been reading all of this, and all of you have a point, but I really do think some of you are over reacting to a lot of things, Joker and Fig are NOT Jerks!!! and I think it was very uncalled for to say so. :|
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

This thread was started with friendly intentions. It went wrong somewhere.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Kaebora wrote:This thread was started with friendly intentions. It went wrong somewhere.
yep.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

most certainly agreed..apparently many of us are under extreme stress here..there's plenty in the world today
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aww no, Figarou isnt an admin anymore? I wanted him to stay as Admin because he is the pack representative. I dont care if he does nothing I just like seeing him as a leader, I request for Figarou to have hes position back please, if he wants he can just be a figure head while two other people handles most of the admin work simple as that. Now Joker believes she can handle it and thats no problem, she'll stay as an admin for as long as she wants to, we could use another admin to assist her because she isnt always going to be on. I see Figarou as almost like the president. We need hes admin wisdom, he corrected things that Kaebora, Joker and I havent. Im sorry to say but Figarou we still need you as an Admin, I know you work hard but we still kind of need you to come in and check up on us. Us mods and Joker dont lay down the law like you do and you remember everything....all the rules and regulations that you set, we dont always do, the furry threads are a perfect examples, me and Kaebora didnt do anything because we didnt remember about the previous threads that was made.

Now this is to everyone our Admins are doing a good job despite the recent absence of Joker and the busy job that Figarou has. I couldnt ask for better ones and I wouldnt really replace it unless its they're call, what we can do is assist them, Kaebora already said he will be able to be an admin at the end of this year, I think that will be good enough, and I will remain as a Moderator, because I dont think Im ready for a higher position yet, since an Admin can do anything a Mod does and more so they are basicly a supermod. kaebora gets on here frequent enough so he will be a great candidate. So there, thats it.

Figarou, I apologize for all the trouble we've been giving you. You dont deserve to be treated this way, I really would like you to be our admin/pack representative again. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

STOP IT! :cry:

The Mod's and Administrator's decision on the locked threads is final!This started with my arguments in the abduction thread. This may have been me taking things too literally. Next I posted another thread which was locked because it involved prejudice, the fact that I was discussing satirical prejudice was irrelevant because Anubis did not see it that way. Then I posted a thread that I did not realize would be a problem here. I can't change the fact that Figarou felt I should have.

Stop debating who is right or who is wrong and respect Figarou's decision.

I was never upset with Figarou I was upset with trolls on YouTube. I was scared that Figarou was mad at me and was going to ban me, but I did not let that turn into anger.

For those of you who have known Figarou longer ask yourself, did he lock the threads to keep the forum clean, or did he lock the threads to keep people from getting hurt?
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You all seriously need to learn to relax. Sheesh. (ALL of you, damn it! I don't know why I'm even still reading this thread, quite frankly it's getting on my nerves.)

I'll make this quick.

New admin(s) = good thing. People here = way too touchy at the moment. Auto locking threads due to subject matter, and not any actual problem? = BAD. Just my opinion, take it or leave it, but for the love of Isis, stop arguing about it!
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I don't have the time to write a post more related to the current situation than this old one. But it mostly applies.

Please read it:
Vilkacis wrote:There's a big difference between debate and argument, in my mind.

Debate ought to be a reasonable presentation of thoughts and ideas, point and counterpoint, given when the parties involved are willing to at least listen to and consider what the others have to say. Debate is good because, even if they completely disagree in the end, everyone involved will have considered the situation in far greater detail and from different viewpoints than they would have on their own.

Ultimately, either their original viewpoint will be strengthened or they will adopt a better viewpoint -- not because the other person thought it was better, but because they see it as better themselves. In either case, they have gained something of value to them.

Argument, on the other hand, is when one or more of the parties doesn't want to hear what the others have to say. If the others persist, they will feel as if they are being attacked, nagged at, or that the others are trying to force their opinions on them. If someone doesn't want to listen, it doesn't matter how reasonable your argument is -- they won't even glance at it, except to find flaws. They'll get angry if you try to push it. You'll get angry because you think they're being unreasonable. And things get even worse if both sides are doing this.

Argument can cause a lot of damage to relationships. People get stubborn when they think they are being attacked. They close their minds and stop listening. In the long run, their viewpoints (no matter how flawed) become static undying truth to them. Any time someone touches on the subject, they withdraw and become unreasonable and angry. Argument does not benefit anyone involved.

To put it simply, debate is Intelligent (benefits both), while argument is Stupid (detriments both).

The best thing to do when someone shows signs of not being open to listening is for both sides to just back down. No matter how strongly you believe you're right and they would be better off if only they listened to you... you lose your chance forever if you pursue it now. Wait until they're a little bit more open.

Now, here's the bit of difficulty I see in this particular situation:

This is an asynchronous form of communication -- it's not real-time. Furthermore, it acts as both a way to have a one-to-one conversation and a way to broadcast (one-to-many) at the exact same time. Ultimately, it's really many-to-many, but it can be used for the previous functions as well, which is where the complexity arises.

When having a one-to-one conversation, it's easy to just end it when you see that nothing productive is being accomplished. However, since this is also a broadcast, we have the audience to consider. Two people who disagree might not be willing to back down because they want to make sure the audience can see things their way. Hence, disagreements in this forum can turn away from direct communication to parallel communication, in which each party is shouting for all to hear, but they aren't really talking to eachother.

This is bad, because it really is an argument in the end. Neither one is interested in hearing what the other has to say; rather, they are only interested in making sure people can see how reasonable they are and how unreasonable the other is being.

Not a good thing.

Another thing that can happen in a forum like this, and I think this is the issue here, is that one person wishes to stop discussing the subject, but several others still wish to talk about it amongst themselves. Even if they do so in a reasonable manner, there is still the problem that the first person can still hear everything they say. If he has a personal stake in the issue, he may still feel attacked, even if the others aren't doing so intentionally. Because of this, he will likely react in a way that the others feel is more extreme than is warranted by the situation.

And that is what leads to our current situation.

So, although I've been trying to cut down on giving advice (because it seems like a very stupid thing for me to do, even though I have made a bad habit of it), I would suggest the following:

Drop it for now.

Those who are angry: cool down, and try not to be overly sensitive. Eventually see if you can't work your way back up to a point where you would be willing to discuss it reasonably. Just don't fall into the "I'm right and I don't care what anyone else says" trap.

Those who want to make sure everyone sees things their way: shove it. No one cares. They'll think better of you if you just stop now.

Those who just want to discuss it reasonably: save it. You can talk about it later. It's not worth it right now.

Whatever the case, let's not make this any more of an angry situation. Make peace for now, and don't hold grudges.

-- Vilkacis

In short, Set is right. The best thing to do here, and in any argument, is cool down.

-- Vilkacis
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I apologize for my moodiness but I'm staying out of it from here on out.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

It's sad I didn't want it to end like this..I just wanted to try to help out Fig here..I wanted to help out peirod..I guess i'll leave this alone as well then too
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

You're always going to be cool with me Fig. Pack Rep or not, your're still the same ol' ducky tossing maniac. ^_^ You made a good call to demote yourself due to your busy nature. It shows that fancy titles don't matter to you, and that's a good thing. You've been one of the most non-elitist admins I've ever seen in action, and that's rare.

Please do stop in and say hi a bit more. We've been missing you.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im glad this has all worked out. Good to see things back to normal again. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Hokay,

1. We need another admin to take over fig's duty's if he wants to cut back because of work, (which is his decision, and perfectly fine)

2. It would be nice to have a thread in which we could nominate/elect a supplement to the current admins

3. It would be nice to complile a list of nominations for the aformented post of admin.

/personal opinion
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Last edited by PariahPoet on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.