Nah.
27%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
13%

Total votes: 30

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm not actually buying a costume, but I've been thinking of digging out some old clothes and going as a celebrity. I'm working that day, so it more or less depends on what the boss will let me get away with.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Kid? Naaaaa...

Post by RedEye »

Older mind in a younger body. Reincarnation does that, frequently; along with a lot of hard work and study. :lol:

Costume? Nope. I will be wearing the robes of my Circle, and for me Samhain (Sahw-en') is a religious event.

Yep...I'm one of those..... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

To those wearing costumes/fursuits.

Watch this story. Its something ya'll need to know.
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?s=7268695

There is video on that page. Click where it says.......

"Costume Fire Survivor Shares His Story as a Warning"

Be safe and have a :howloween:

:D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Kid? Naaaaa...

Post by MoonKit »

RedEye wrote:Older mind in a younger body. Reincarnation does that, frequently; along with a lot of hard work and study. :lol:

Costume? Nope. I will be wearing the robes of my Circle, and for me Samhain (Sahw-en') is a religious event.

Yep...I'm one of those..... :wink:

Awesome! I had no idea. Happy Samhain then to you! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We for the most part prefer more the Samhain harvest look rather than the creepy house-of-horror look, but besides the bails of hay and pumpkins, I had this great werewolf outfit from Shadowsaber, so I had to put it on. Cathey joined me outside as a fox geisha, wearing a silk kimono and mask. We gave out candy and watched the reactions as kids came up, or didn't...

We noticed that while kids seemed to run ahead of their parents, scampering everywhere with somewhat hazardous enthusiasm, they abruptly slowed down as they reached our driveway and came to almost a dead stop about five meters or so away from me. Even the adults were a bit intimidated by my outfit. I could settle their fear by laying down, and the kids mostly got a kick out of petting the wolf creature. But, just standing up could send most people of any age backing off.

And yes, I'm one of those as well; blessed Samhain and Happy New Year!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I had a similar reaction.

I finished the paws and head and put those on over a blacksuit, and periodically howled from my balcony rail throughout the evening.

Trick-or-treat was pretty thin. I only got twenty-five kids, but the first group that came had a ninja with a bamboo sword, and the ninja and I got into a great battle! He was swinging the sword with all his might and I was just slapping it away with the paws, snarling and getting down in a defensive position. It rocked! His friends got a kick out of it, too.

The next group had a football player and a 5-y.o. cowboy and the cowboy got seriously scared. He didn't even cry, he just stood ten feet away, shaking and panting. His mom was great, though, she talked him through it and when he saw that his companions got candy without losing any parts, he came and took some. I took down the mask, smiled and said, "You're a pretty bad cowboy if you let a wolf scare you" :) and ended the visit by gently high-fiving him.

The next group were survivors from the last two years and the group included one kid that I scared last year. He came right up and took candy, grinning. The mom-in-tow told me that they make it a point to come to my apartment every year to see what I do, and my apartment was the destination in the complex. I took that as a compliment non pareil.

My next-door neighbour was great. She doesn't do trick-or-treat anymore, and gave me permission to trick out the whole staircase and landing however way I wanted to doll the place up. I didn't know this until that afternoon so I didn't really prepare, but I will next year.

I try to keep my Hallowe'en display toned to a strong PG-13. It's not as harsh as <i>Pan's Labyrinth</i> but a little stronger than Indiana Jones. There's blood smears, there's a screaming tombstone, bones, crows, creepy pumpkins, clawlike dead tree branches, <i>nothing</i> goofy or cutesy. This Wolf don't do Hallmark Hallowe'ens.

I don't do gruesome, though. There's blood, there's bones, but no body parts. And right before I open the door, I growl to give them a little bit of a warning, and I usually don't pounce. I make my costume intense enough that all I have to do is open the door, glare and tower and that's fright enough. It's <i>Legend of Sleepy Hollow</i>, it's not <i>Texas Chainsaw Massacre</i>.

I'm thinking about putting up "Burma-Shave" type signs to point people to my place next year. I'll also take my trailer to the coast, get a small driftwood tree and have a "haunted tree" as part of my display, stick owls and crows and ravens and ivy garlands and Spanish moss in it...
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

vrikasatma wrote:I had a similar reaction.

I finished the paws and head and put those on over a blacksuit, and periodically howled from my balcony rail throughout the evening.

Trick-or-treat was pretty thin. I only got twenty-five kids, but the first group that came had a ninja with a bamboo sword, and the ninja and I got into a great battle! He was swinging the sword with all his might and I was just slapping it away with the paws, snarling and getting down in a defensive position. It rocked! His friends got a kick out of it, too.

The next group had a football player and a 5-y.o. cowboy and the cowboy got seriously scared. He didn't even cry, he just stood ten feet away, shaking and panting. His mom was great, though, she talked him through it and when he saw that his companions got candy without losing any parts, he came and took some. I took down the mask, smiled and said, "You're a pretty bad cowboy if you let a wolf scare you" :) and ended the visit by gently high-fiving him.

The next group were survivors from the last two years and the group included one kid that I scared last year. He came right up and took candy, grinning. The mom-in-tow told me that they make it a point to come to my apartment every year to see what I do, and my apartment was the destination in the complex. I took that as a compliment non pareil.

My next-door neighbour was great. She doesn't do trick-or-treat anymore, and gave me permission to trick out the whole staircase and landing however way I wanted to doll the place up. I didn't know this until that afternoon so I didn't really prepare, but I will next year.

I try to keep my Hallowe'en display toned to a strong PG-13. It's not as harsh as <i>Pan's Labyrinth</i> but a little stronger than Indiana Jones. There's blood smears, there's a screaming tombstone, bones, crows, creepy pumpkins, clawlike dead tree branches, <i>nothing</i> goofy or cutesy. This Wolf don't do Hallmark Hallowe'ens.

I don't do gruesome, though. There's blood, there's bones, but no body parts. And right before I open the door, I growl to give them a little bit of a warning, and I usually don't pounce. I make my costume intense enough that all I have to do is open the door, glare and tower and that's fright enough. It's <i>Legend of Sleepy Hollow</i>, it's not <i>Texas Chainsaw Massacre</i>.

I'm thinking about putting up "Burma-Shave" type signs to point people to my place next year. I'll also take my trailer to the coast, get a small driftwood tree and have a "haunted tree" as part of my display, stick owls and crows and ravens and ivy garlands and Spanish moss in it...
:o I wish that i could see this. I bet that it will look really great :wiggle: Do you have got some Pictures? And are you going to take some next year? I am really curious about that right now :thpt2:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I got some pictures of the mask but they're not developed yet.

The mask turned out savagely heavy to wear, so I'm going with Plan A and incorporate it into the puppet I was building. I'll figure out a way to make the torso less wobbly, which was the last issue.

Photos coming up! I'll put on the costume and see if I can get one of my friends to do some off-calendar shots.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Well, since I am at home regathering my ability to walk after an accident I could not go out dressed up. I didn't want to try a fitting after knee surgery or go shopping. So I answered the door in last years costume.

This is the costume...

Costume custom sized, hat custom made.

It was huge, heavy, and a LOT of fabric. I look like a marshmallow - but oh, was it fun.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Wow, that is very pretty! I love that shade of blue.

Do you mind me asking from where you got it? I think I may need something similar for next year.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

For Halloween I just went to house parties around town and celebrated the college student way. :lol: But as for my costume, I didnt really have one, just some props. I went to parties and spun fire poi and had a blast!
Pictures linked due to excessive size.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1415/p1010311gt9.jpg
http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/3207/p1010312fh6.jpg
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7428/p1010313xx1.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6196/p1010314uz6.jpg
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

MoonKit wrote:Wow, that is very pretty! I love that shade of blue.

Do you mind me asking from where you got it? I think I may need something similar for next year.
Recollections

They are super nice, quick and produced dynamite outfits. Do not hesitate to call for sizing questions.

The hat was a miraculous custom find. Blue is very difficult to find hats in. They are mad-expensive if you get silk flowers and real, hand dyed hats and feathers. Find someone reputable, to get the real thing, or make it yourself.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Spooky, Short Tail; there's just enough distortion in those pictures that at a quick glance, you look vaguely like your cat centaur fursona.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Scott Gardener wrote:Spooky, Short Tail; there's just enough distortion in those pictures that at a quick glance, you look vaguely like your cat centaur fursona.
I thought I was the only one who thought it looked like hes fursona at first glance! :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

My question is: what is a Chakat doing backtimed 300+ years, in our present? Your hologuise is leaking: I see four legs and two arms on the same body. Classic Chakat...Lynxbased? The ears look just a bit tip-tufted.
I suspect that the fire pots overloaded your hologenerator...too much moving point-source light. :wink:

Anyhow...great pictures, the fire-pots make such amazing patterns. :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Lol, I had never noticed that untill yall pointed that out. That looks really cool.
Yeah, spinning is a lot of fun and I have started teaching my friends in the dorm if they asked. I have some more cool pictures too.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko