There's Magic In Not Knowing

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Morkulv wrote:There is no such thing as magic. There is energy everwhere, and where there is energy you can control it. That understandment is one of the basics of spiritual growth.
Well said Mork..Energy to me can seem like magic. That's how much of an effect it could have on someone. Positive energy right Mork? I was told that much positive energy can have an awesome affect on one..Something I never thought of before when it seems like such a simple thing. Negative is like a damn curse while positive is seemingly alot of wat people need to make good happy..Almost like magic, but it's that awesome positive energy that brings in all the good it's just getting your mind set right an working on ones self :jester:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

RedEye wrote:Ben Franklin was too smart to try the kite stunt: he had his son do it while he watched. Concrete may float (on water) but it just isn't strong enough to fly. And the Mentos reaction is basic chemistry: the Acid in the soda reacts with the Base in the Mentos.
Now: could someone make a Mentos Rocket? :evil:
Really now? Must not've liked his son too much, considering the Mythbusters killed ballistics gel Ben with the electricity. The one glider design actually did ok. Granted it broke when it landed, but it did go some distance instead of just dropping out of the air. The reaction is also quite helped by the carbon dioxide and the little dents in the mentos that are formed when it's dropped in the liquid. It doesn't work with anything but the mint ones for that reason.

...I don't see how, but that would be fun to try.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Morkulv wrote:There is no such thing as magic. There is energy everwhere, and where there is energy you can control it. That understandment is one of the basics of spiritual growth.
Well said Mork..Energy to me can seem like magic. That's how much of an effect it could have on someone. Positive energy right Mork? I was told that much positive energy can have an awesome affect on one..Something I never thought of before when it seems like such a simple thing. Negative is like a damn curse while positive is seemingly alot of wat people need to make good happy..Almost like magic, but it's that awesome positive energy that brings in all the good it's just getting your mind set right an working on ones self :jester:
Well there is nothing wrong with negative energy if you know how to use it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Morkulv wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Well there is nothing wrong with negative energy if you know how to use it.
Well now you got me curious Mork..I had no idea that negative could be any good.. :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Well ofcourse, I write and read a lot of things about energy on my site.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I feel it is better to know than not to know. I'd rather know that something does or doesn't exist than to be left wondering.

Lots of people advocate "faith." I'm fond of faith myself, but not to the extent of eliminate even trying to figure out the real nature of the cosmos. Faith and assumptions are for when there's no other source of information. And, it's ludicrous to ignore the cosmos itself when trying to understand its origins--so much of religion says that I have to ignore science, when the natural world and the laws of science would seem the most logical first place to look when attempting to understand the mind of God. It's akin to saying, "You have to appreciate the artist, but you should completely ignore all of his works, because they're all crap."

Instead, I think of my beliefs as a working theory, subject to change in light of new evidence. Note that my beliefs are based on what I can prove to myself, not what I can prove to other people. I have indeed experienced phenomena and life events that fly in the face of science. But, since I cannot reproduce these phenomena or prove them to other people, I have no basis for trying to convert people to my specific set of beliefs. Thankfully, my belief system does not include a viral element compelling me to reproduce itself, so that's not a problem. So, strangely enough, I'm a Pagan, but I'm an advocate of science up front.

This kind of split-thinking might seem counter-intuitive, but I do believe that mundane and "magical" explanations can overlap. Something can have a mundane explanation and still be a divine manifestation. (I know; science purists will point out that I've just re-defined "magic" in a way that remains unprovable-undisprovable, but that's my problem, not yours. Not that there are that many science purists out there.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...