Other than Dreamer, who knows what Aspergers is?

The place for anything at all...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

BAck on the subject of autism...

Post by Dreamer »

Take a look at this
God dammit, I really want to strangle the writer of this article. And the coincidnetal thing is that I foudn this article on the Cracked forum which I recently joined and through stupid boneheaded post after stupid boneheaded post, I was a paraiah and kicked out for my social ineptness.

I think that this is the perspective that most people have on Aspergers: A whole lot of bullcrap that socially crippled individuals use as an excuse for their own flaws. Which adds to my own insecurity about my aspergers, making me feel as if I am to blame for all my social and emotional problems, and I am just making excuses to compensate for my own flaws and that I need o chagne, even though I don't know how.

And I would like to note htat I am not near as pathetic as that person in the article.
XIV
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

This means war...
(All the trolls have to do now is make one wrong move and then a hard rain is going to fall.)
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

What a load of bloody diseased CRAP! I hope that this was a satire, even then, the subject is not funny. :x

And Aspergers' Syndrome cannot be an epidemic: it's genetic!

Looks like some smart-case is trying to be funny...and failing miserably.

Maybe they're Sociopaths... :evil:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

I heard is some cases people who have aspergers are gullible.
I don't know about that but do please be aware that I can be VERY gullible at times.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: BAck on the subject of autism...

Post by Set »

Dreamer wrote:Take a look at this
SomethingAwful.com...don't waste your time on the goons, they're lifeless little brats who have nothing better to do than be stupid. I don't even have to read the article to know that. Wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I don't think that article is about people with Asperger's. I think it's just about one crazy person who claimed to have it on their boards. Even you are calling that person pathetic, Dreamer. I haven't read the entire thing, however, but what I saw looked like it was using a single person as an example, but didn't do a very good job of separating the two groups. I did notice that one of the examples of posts from the board suggested that that person believed that Asperger's was an actual disease.

And Set, were you ever a member of those boards? The members I've seen on YouTube and a few other places have been pretty cool. Certainly not "lifeless little brats" who shouldn't be spit on if they were on fire.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

The article basically tells me that I deserved to be dead bolted into a piss soaked box under camera survallence.
Last edited by cumulusprotagonist on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

RedEye wrote:What a load of bloody diseased CRAP! I hope that this was a satire, even then, the subject is not funny. :x

And Aspergers' Syndrome cannot be an epidemic: it's genetic!

Looks like some smart-case is trying to be funny...and failing miserably.

Maybe they're Sociopaths... :evil:
Yeah, it's obviously satire, but very cruel satire at that.
XIV
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:The article basically tells me that I deserved to be dead bolted into a piss soaked box under camera survallence.
In grade school...Kids as young as 10...
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:The article basically tells me that I deserved to be dead bolted into a piss soaked box under camera survallence.
Tells you as in it literally says that or tells you as in your interpretation of it?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

The things happened to me and according to the article aspergers does not exist so then that means I deserved it. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
It hurts me to see them treat people like they mean nothing. That they think they get to pick and choose who means anything. I guess this means I should be an hero and shoot myself.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I think the article is about one person, not the disease itself. Even if it were claiming the disease is fake, I don't think they would think anybody would deserve that.

I'm sorry to hear that that happened. That's terrible.

EDIT: Wait... You weren't at the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center, were you?
-Jack Handey
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

ravaged_warrior wrote:I think the article is about one person, not the disease itself. Even if it were claiming the disease is fake, I don't think they would think anybody would deserve that.

I'm sorry to hear that that happened. That's terrible.

EDIT: Wait... You weren't at the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center, were you?
No it was a "special" classroom in a school in Bay City. I believe the school has trashed the the box they put kids in though. Don't know if they would admit to having had it now. "Time out room? What time out room?"

And the "cool" you tube people said I did deserve it by the way.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:No it was a "special" classroom in a school in Bay City. I believe the school has trashed the the box they put kids in though. Don't know if they would admit to having had it now. "Time out room? What time out room?"
Ah. That's not good, but I'm glad it wasn't the place I mentioned, and believe me, you would be, too. Not that it makes it right, though.
And the "cool" you tube people said I did deserve it by the way.
I'm not talking about them, whoever they are (probably assholes, morons, and trolls). I'm referring to a few people I've seen on YouTube who are also on SomethingAwful.com and have brought people in from SomethingAwful.com to help them with audio recordings. These people have all seemed pretty cool, and certainly not the type that you're talking about.

I am aware that there are quite a few idiots on YouTube, though.
Last edited by ravaged_warrior on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jack Handey
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

ravaged_warrior wrote:And Set, were you ever a member of those boards? The members I've seen on YouTube and a few other places have been pretty cool. Certainly not "lifeless little brats" who shouldn't be spit on if they were on fire.
It's been a little while, but the SomethingAwful I knew was nothing but bored jackasses. I've never met anyone decent who hung out at that place.