The place for anything at all...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Baphnedia wrote:Yes... irregardless of your definition of fantasy.

On there, I typically fly around, breathe fire (and make one handsome dragon). But, I haven't had much time to continue doing what I was doing in SecondLife, as my life outside the box takes precedence (and for me tends to be even more fun).
Thats regardless, irregardless isnt a word, its a double negative. Anyone who says it should be shot, impaled, bleed to death, blown up, cut up, burned, poisoned, eaten alive, thrown off somewhere really high and drown. Did I miss anything? :D
hung?
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

On there, I typically fly around, breathe fire (and make one handsome dragon). But, I haven't had much time to continue doing what I was doing in SecondLife, as my life outside the box takes precedence (and for me tends to be even more fun).
Final Fantasy fantasy. Just to avoid any confusion.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

ah, you got one of the really big dragon skins didn't you? xD I loved watching people in those
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Thats regardless, irregardless isnt a word, its a double negative. Anyone who says it should be shot, impaled, bleed to death, blown up, cut up, burned, poisoned, eaten alive, thrown off somewhere really high and drown. Did I miss anything? :D
You forgot "excoriated".

He might have meant "irrespective" rather than "regardless", though...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Shadow Wulf wrote:

Thats regardless, irregardless isnt a word, its a double negative. Anyone who says it should be shot, impaled, bleed to death, blown up, cut up, burned, poisoned, eaten alive, thrown off somewhere really high and drown. Did I miss anything? :D
Lesson number one: Never correct a dragon's English! :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

MoonKit wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:

Lesson number one: Never correct a dragon's English! :lol:
not to mention a army recruiting dragon
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:

Speaking of which, Final Fantasy weapons and costumes seem to sell really well in SL.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Good lord!

I should start a whole new lunch menu (or hire y'all as my editing staff!) Bewere; an editing staff is not an item to be taken lightly. It is usually applied with brute force to the back of the offender's head. (to see other similar weapons, lookup Cluebringer, Cluebyfour, Cluebat, thinkstick, and related weapons)

Just for Searif Bogard's sake, I didn't have one of the huge dragon skins - I had a medium (because I'm never on SL on the two days per year that you get the big ones). Now I wish I had a screenshot of myself (because I was very vain about my appearance on SL, and looked pretty darn good if I don't say so myself). As it is, I can has a magic card from the Pack, and that makes me one happy dragon.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

well woot, another furry buddy *jumps on you* haha now i have another furiend(yes im furry too, couldnt you tell :P)
btw look me up in SL im wolfsangel slade
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

I haven't been around very much, but I happened to peek my head into this thread and gave it a read. Congratulations to you, Kaebora. That takes guts. I'm glad you were comfortable enough with yourself to be able to come out.

I know people who have a far more difficult time with stuff like this (not related to Furries :P

Again, congratulations. By the way... does anyone use PackChat anymore? I keep looking for people and never find them!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Kaebora wrote:
cumulusprotagonist wrote:

Speaking of which, Final Fantasy weapons and costumes seem to sell really well in SL.
Sure! You get to be your character-without having to fight for your life every few minutes. Most FF players wind up with really snazzy threads and bonzer weaponry...if they live long enough. Then in Second Life, they can relax and be the Hero-on-Shore-Leave. It's a win-win situation.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

I always find myself opposed to these silly Final Fantasy people! Ocarina of Time > Final Fantasy 7!

Ok... off topic, but I wanted to say something. :P
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I don't see the big deal here (I always kind of suspected it, to tell you the truth), but whatever, congrats, Kaebora.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Why is this referred to as "coming out"? :| Kinda sounds awkward. Oh well. LOL! Thanks everyone for being so supportive of my newfound furry status.

I still get the feeling I'm gonna get some guff about this from a few members later on, but whatevah. My LOOK AT ME moment is over. lol. Lez move on.
-Kaebora
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

What difference does this make? You're you either way, hehe. :D
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Yeah, rather than hide from being judged, I'd just tell the truth. I thought this would be a good example to break this chain of furry debates. Furries can be just about anyone. Most of you know me, and that I'm very different from the stereotypes the fandom is attributed with. I think that its a fact to say... ALL furries are individuals like any one of us, existing in a whole variety of personalities and backgrounds.

From this point forward, all I ask of the Pack is this. If you have a problem with (or are creeped out by) any specific group of people on this forum... KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! Help us all avoid the pain and heartache of debates. Lets be positive.

:)
-Kaebora
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

Kaebora wrote:Yeah, rather than hide from being judged, I'd just tell the truth. I thought this would be a good example to break this chain of furry debates. Furries can be just about anyone. Most of you know me, and that I'm very different from the stereotypes the fandom is attributed with. I think that its a fact to say... ALL furries are individuals like any one of us, existing in a whole variety of personalities and backgrounds.

From this point forward, all I ask of the Pack is this. If you have a problem with (or are creeped out by) any specific group of people on this forum... KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! Help us all avoid the pain and heartache of debates. Lets be positive.

dude, you think ur different than the normal stereotype, im not only a furr, im also a bisexual and a christian follower(talk about ur mixed breeds :P.
but i dont think its good to bottle it up and not mention anything, but guy(and gals) dont just snap at ppl. just say, "(sir or madam) i dont understand ur concept of thinking, can you please tell me how/why u feel/act like this?" i know it seems corny but it will be better than ppl bottling up and then exploding at others :P . but please do this on PMs since we dont want the forum running over with discusions. :P ok my two scents(yes i know i spelt it wrong :lol: )
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Everything is fine
On the pack forum that is...
(YYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUTTTTTTTTUUUUUUUU
UBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :)
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Kaebora wrote:Yeah, rather than hide from being judged, I'd just tell the truth. I thought this would be a good example to break this chain of furry debates. Furries can be just about anyone. Most of you know me, and that I'm very different from the stereotypes the fandom is attributed with. I think that its a fact to say... ALL furries are individuals like any one of us, existing in a whole variety of personalities and backgrounds.

Being a Fur is just another facet of your personality, one that has brought you a wonderful reward.
It's only "icky" if you hide it. Honesty has a wonderful naturalness about it, and is never a source of embarassment. Being who you are is a natural place of strength...so don't worry about it.
I just wish my experience with Second Life had been as pleasing as yours-even without the RL happiness. Oh well-that's life.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Kaebora wrote:
I still get the feeling I'm gonna get some guff about this from a few members later on, but whatevah..
Oh well you know they'll be teasing. :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

hung?[/quote]

Horses are hung. People are hanged. :lol:

Congrats Kaebora!
-Z
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's hard to be too disturbed about furries; they're too cute. Yes, I know about the occasional weird fetish people that have created a certain reputation. But, come on; most furry activity I see on YouTube is more innocent things like bowling, skiing, and lip-synching death metal. Yes, it's got some quirky strangeness, but I remember from the documentary Trekkies a great point that a Trekkie made; no one finds it strange or incongruous for someone to wear a basketball jersey while going to school or walking around a shopping center, so why should a Starfleet uniform be any different? Granted, dressing as a giant leopard with big, buggy eyes is a little louder form of self-expression, but the underlying premise still holds up to some degree. At conventions like A-Kon, where wild costumes are to be expected, then have at it.

As a side note, I see myself as a therian first and foremost. While wandering around in an outfit that Shadowsaber made, I noticed a number of people referring to me as a furry. Whether or not I could count myself as a furry would require defining criteria, which asks the question, "what is a furry?" This question has devistated whole civilizations and instigated global flame wars. Therefore, I choose for the sake of millions of lives to leave the question of whether or not I'm a furry unanswered.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Scott Gardener wrote:It's hard to be too disturbed about furries; they're too cute. Yes, I know about the occasional weird fetish people that have created a certain reputation. But, come on; most furry activity I see on YouTube is more innocent things like bowling, skiing, and lip-synching death metal. Yes, it's got some quirky strangeness, but I remember from the documentary Trekkies a great point that a Trekkie made; no one finds it strange or incongruous for someone to wear a basketball jersey while going to school or walking around a shopping center, so why should a Starfleet uniform be any different? Granted, dressing as a giant leopard with big, buggy eyes is a little louder form of self-expression, but the underlying premise still holds up to some degree. At conventions like A-Kon, where wild costumes are to be expected, then have at it.

As a side note, I see myself as a therian first and foremost. While wandering around in an outfit that Shadowsaber made, I noticed a number of people referring to me as a furry. Whether or not I could count myself as a furry would require defining criteria, which asks the question, "what is a furry?" This question has devistated whole civilizations and instigated global flame wars. Therefore, I choose for the sake of millions of lives to leave the question of whether or not I'm a furry unanswered.
noted for life
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:but I remember from the documentary Trekkies a great point that a Trekkie made; no one finds it strange or incongruous for someone to wear a basketball jersey while going to school or walking around a shopping center, so why should a Starfleet uniform be any different? Granted, dressing as a giant leopard with big, buggy eyes is a little louder form of self-expression, but the underlying premise still holds up to some degree.
Or just replace "Starfleet uniform" with "Klingon costume" (or even "Vulcan ears") to bolster the underlying premise.

I probably wouldn't qualify as a Furry mainly because of (1) lack of talent (can't make a costume to save my life); and (2) lack of time (I've already got far too much of A Life). But I'd count myself as a fan of some anthropomorphic web-comics and have no idea whether or not "Midnight" himself would count as a "fursona". So I don't know.

But, in any case: more power to Kaebora for taking a stand.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I have no intention of making a costume, and my free time is limited to only a couple of hours per day. Kaebora is not my "fursona" (ugh, hate that word), but more of an alter-ego. So I guess I'm in the same situation as you Midnight. :wink: I think being a furry is a level of dedication or obsession with furry related interests and culture. Costumes are optional. LoL
-Kaebora