Funny, or just sad?

The place for anything at all...
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Funny, or just sad?

Post by Zombie »

I looked (and put up something else for sale) up on the classified board at the singles ad I put up months ago, and while it got looked at over 140 times, I havent gotten a single response yet. Is that funny, or just sad? :?

-Z :zombiewolf:
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

A little of both.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Watch "To catch a predator" and youll understand why people are more reluctant to meet people they meet on the internet
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Possibly fortunate.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I think the reason that you didn't get any responses was because of the body type you were looking for. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that profile doesn't fit the single females on this board AND in your area. Personally, I've seen your ad but I find it such a turn-off when a guy starts by saying he is specifically looking for a body type. I understand that it's hard to be with someone who's "fat" or overweight, but I also feel that it's what's inside that counts most. I went on a few dates with someone I thought was never my body-type preference, but eventually was able to look past that all to see that he was an interesting person on the inside. We didn't end up dating for very long, though... but it had nothing to do with body-type.

Anyway, I don't mean to rant and I'm not really trying to attack you -- I just thought you ought to know since you did ask.

oh yeah and one last thing... I thought there was only 1 w in SWF and SWM. what's the other W stand for?
:|

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Here on the Internet, Men are Men, Women are Women, and Children are usually Cops. :roll:

Plus: Here in the Interverse, we are all next door neighbours. IRL-we might as well be on the Moon. You just might not have anyone near you.

Try the Singles sites: at least they will tell you of someone is on the same side of the planet with you.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

SnowWalker wrote:
oh yeah and one last thing... I thought there was only 1 w in SWF and SWM. what's the other W stand for?
:|
I'm thinking werewolf? ??

Zombie, maybe the broad age range creeps people out a bit. You pretty much said anyone younger then you so long as they're legal.

And a lot of us on here arent looking for love. I only know of two couples who got together and here and they're both lesbian or gay.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Personally, I wouldn't look for a mate on the Internet. I usually pick 'em from my circle of friends, and after I've known them for several years.

Singles sites, feh! Not even.
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Zombie »

Well, that was posted a while ago. Perhaps Ill go revise it a bit. I have seen "Predator" and those guys should simply be shot on-site, period. Or, at least be mandatorily castrated. In public. As far as the body type issue goes, since Im a good bit over 6 feet tall, ALMOST everyone is smaller than me anyway. Ive only seen a handfull of women over 6 foot tall. I am quite active, and I want someone who could keep up with me physically. I should have put the age range from 22 to 34. I have dated someone older than me, but it didnt work out (Ive met rocks with more personality) but that doesnt mean it wouldnt for anyone else. While the ad does have some joke elements in it (yes, the extra "W" is supposed to be werewolf :-P) it is pretty much real. Ill revise it.

-Z
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Zombie wrote:Well, that was posted a while ago. Perhaps Ill go revise it a bit. I have seen "Predator" and those guys should simply be shot on-site, period. Or, at least be mandatorily castrated. In public. As far as the body type issue goes, since Im a good bit over 6 feet tall, ALMOST everyone is smaller than me anyway. Ive only seen a handfull of women over 6 foot tall. I am quite active, and I want someone who could keep up with me physically. I should have put the age range from 22 to 34. I have dated someone older than me, but it didnt work out (Ive met rocks with more personality) but that doesnt mean it wouldnt for anyone else. While the ad does have some joke elements in it (yes, the extra "W" is supposed to be werewolf :-P) it is pretty much real. Ill revise it.

-Z
Well i don't know i guess i could go both ways but i don't know what the girls will saw. :lol: hope you luck in your trials to find your perfect companion.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Sometimes, the "Perfect Companion" is someone you already know. Look around your circle of friends. Don't assume anything...just let them know you're Looking. See what happens then. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

May I just say that body-type does not necesarily go hand-in-hand with activity level.

You can have someone who is heavier (though not in extreme sense) be active, and likewise there are many thin people out there who are so nutritionally lax that they do not have energy to be active.

Well... that's my 0.02 cents.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

RedEye wrote:Here on the Internet, Men are Men, Women are Women, and Children are usually Cops. :roll:
HAHA! I'm going to remember that one! :lol:

On a sick and twisted note, when I first joined Second Life, a girl started showing interest in me. Shortly after hanging out with her a bit, I descovered she was 13 years old. Um... eeew. Never lie about your age or gender on the internet. You'll only make things worse for yourself and others.
SnowWalker wrote:I think the reason that you didn't get any responses was because of the body type you were looking for. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that profile doesn't fit the single females on this board AND in your area. Personally, I've seen your ad but I find it such a turn-off when a guy starts by saying he is specifically looking for a body type. I understand that it's hard to be with someone who's "fat" or overweight, but I also feel that it's what's inside that counts most. I went on a few dates with someone I thought was never my body-type preference, but eventually was able to look past that all to see that he was an interesting person on the inside. We didn't end up dating for very long, though... but it had nothing to do with body-type.
By comparison, I fell in love with a girl though the internet, and we still are very much in love. These feelings came about before we ever saw what either of us really looked like. We only knew our ages, and various other personal things that we always share. She and I both have an inferiority complex when it comes to appearances, yet we constantly tell each other wonderful things about our looks. Sure, i found out she's drop dead gorgeous, but I wouldn't care if she were chubby. I've dated several heavy women in the past, whom were all very beautiful people. Snowy could never be more right about this. If you value looks, your not looking for love. You're looking for someone to make love to. Or at least that's how women may see it. Just FYI for your future personal ads.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Zombie »

SnowWalker wrote:May I just say that body-type does not necesarily go hand-in-hand with activity level.

You can have someone who is heavier (though not in extreme sense) be active, and likewise there are many thin people out there who are so nutritionally lax that they do not have energy to be active.

Well... that's my 0.02 cents.

~Snowy

But- nutrition and activity level often times go hand-in-hand. During the racing season, (Im getting back into serious MX competition) I up the levels of protiens and carbohydrates that Im going to use up during the races. In the off season, I cut them back because Im simply not going to be using them. If I kept my nutritional level up, Id get more than a little round, and that would require more fine-tuning of my suspension to my riding style. Its easier to keep it off alltogether by dietary changes, and cardiovascular excercise (racing can really take it out of you if youre not in really good shape- youll be toast after five laps). While I dont have a 24/7 commitmant to racing though, I do like to keep myself in slightly better-than-average condition in terms of stregnth and endurance. That wouldnt be possible without the proper nutritional requirements being met.
:pizza: :eatduckie: :pacwolf:
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Zombie wrote:

But- nutrition and activity level often times go hand-in-hand. During the racing season, (Im getting back into serious MX competition) I up the levels of protiens and carbohydrates that Im going to use up during the races. In the off season, I cut them back because Im simply not going to be using them. If I kept my nutritional level up, Id get more than a little round, and that would require more fine-tuning of my suspension to my riding style. Its easier to keep it off alltogether by dietary changes, and cardiovascular excercise (racing can really take it out of you if youre not in really good shape- youll be toast after five laps). While I dont have a 24/7 commitmant to racing though, I do like to keep myself in slightly better-than-average condition in terms of stregnth and endurance. That wouldnt be possible without the proper nutritional requirements being met.
:pizza: :eatduckie: :pacwolf:
No offense, Zombie, but I don't think that you got my point about body-type and activity level. While I appreciate your point about nutrition and activity level, and find it valid -- I think you forget to realize that there are many people out there who eat healthy but are still overweight (perhaps in the process of losing weight). Take me for example -- I eat healthier than ALL of my thin/skinny co-workers, i likewise tend to find I have more energy for other activities. They all look at me weird when I tell them that I run 5k's or that I go for 2 hour long sessions at the gym. But, if you just saw me on the street looking at my body-type you might not realize I was athletic beneath the fat. It's something I'm trying to lose, (55+ pounds down so far), but I'm not where I actually want to be).

Well, like I said, I think your point is valid -- but not really what we were talking about in the first place.

oh, and before this keeps going on and on. I don't particularly want to have an argument or anything like that... so can we just agree to disagree or whatever.

and good luck with the classifieds.
~Nicole :P

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Kaebora wrote:If you value looks, your not looking for love. You're looking for someone to make love to. Or at least that's how women may see it. Just FYI for your future personal ads.
Quoted in case you aren't reading everything. :|
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora