Know your Fast-Food ingredients, before you eat them.

The place for anything at all...
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Know your Fast-Food ingredients, before you eat them.

Post by IndianaJones »

Last edited by IndianaJones on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I try not to eat at fast food joints as much as possible, the closest I come to fast food is the cafeteria food, and they do everything themselves, using only healthy ingredients, and I trust them enough to eat there :lol:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Man, I didnt know what half of those things are. I work in a pet store and I see dog food with better stuff in it. :)

I dont eat fast food like I used to. My mother and sister like survive on it. But me and my mate have Burger King like once every three months or less. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

*shrugs* doesn't matter anyway, I don't eat that much fast food and i feel no regret for the crap I've eaten, unlike most people, what i eat and whats in there doesn't really bother me, o well
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Lukas, that's probably because your metabolism is still going at warp 2. When it slows down with 'old' age, what you eat begins to really show. Those who stay away from fast food, etc; tend to look a lot better. But it's not merely diet - it's the combination of diet, excercise, mood and life, in general. :p
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I thought Subway was really healthy as they say. Anyways, most of the times I eat out of my house it's sushi (hope sushi is safe from these things) and food stores without all that s*** on it.

:D
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Baph you hit it right on the head
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

Baphnedia wrote:Lukas, that's probably because your metabolism is still going at warp 2. When it slows down with 'old' age, what you eat begins to really show. Those who stay away from fast food, etc; tend to look a lot better. But it's not merely diet - it's the combination of diet, excercise, mood and life, in general. :p
true, but either way it, fast food isn't a main staple of my diet so I'm content :)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

If it makes Earth Maiden Indy feel any better, i'm gradually getting bored of fast food. After all, nothing beats mum's cooking and the taste of caviar sashimi.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Why do you have to rain on my fast food parade? :(
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

None of this particularly surprised me, aside from Subway. Now I'm gonna feel bad eating there, curse you!
Whatever happen to organic and raw foods? But NO, we won't like them as much, we have fried junk for all humans to enjoy. Werewolves prefer to eat raw meat and raw steak.
Yeah, while raw meat is fine and all for werewolves, we humans have a bad habit of falling ill after ingesting it. :P
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

There is a reason I rarely eat fast food.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

But not for animals? Then why is my dog always trying to steal a piece of my hamburger?

I'll take my poison with a side of fries, thanks. lck
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

For once, our crazy conspiracy theorist is on to something. Anyone ever read Fast Food Nation? Read it, it's way better than the movie and an excellent muckraking expose on the evils of Fast Food .At least I have In And Out in my part of the country. Best fast food resturant, ever.
XIV
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'd have to say that the most genuine "homecooked" ingrediants fast food place is Carls Jr. They speed-grill their patties, and use real eggs and bacon with their meals. The same can be said about Whataburger, whom use 100% real USDA Choice beef, and all-natural ingrediants. Burgers are never healthy even when all-natural, but some are more healthy than others.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Basically all you have said is... nothing, Indy. And I say that sincerely. Health is a human construct. I don't really care about it - as an anthropologist it's quite funny to see the variety and understand how arbitrary it is to believe in different types of health.

In the end, I like eating things, so I simply...

... eat it.
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Post by lone-wolf »

Thats scary, im never going near a fast food outlet again, it would make me want to puke, all of them crap ingredients, its just wrong
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Aki wrote:None of this particularly surprised me, aside from Subway. Now I'm gonna feel bad eating there, curse you!
Whatever happen to organic and raw foods? But NO, we won't like them as much, we have fried junk for all humans to enjoy. Werewolves prefer to eat raw meat and raw steak.
Yeah, while raw meat is fine and all for werewolves, we humans have a bad habit of falling ill after ingesting it. :P
Speak for yourself. I've eaten Beef Tartare, sushi and sashimi, raw organ meats... I like my food "au naturel", as in uncooked. The only thing I won't eat raw is pork; because it's so greasy. And NO--it does not taste like human flesh; it's much sweeter meat.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

RedEye wrote:
Aki wrote:None of this particularly surprised me, aside from Subway. Now I'm gonna feel bad eating there, curse you!
Speak for yourself. I've eaten Beef Tartare, sushi and sashimi, raw organ meats... I like my food "au naturel", as in uncooked. The only thing I won't eat raw is pork; because it's so greasy. And NO--it does not taste like human flesh; it's much sweeter meat.
How exactly do you know what human flesh tastes like?
XIV
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Unfortunately for me my family eats fast food 40% of the time which is not good. But thank god most of what my mom makes is healthy.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Ink wrote:Basically all you have said is... nothing, Indy. And I say that sincerely. Health is a human construct. I don't really care about it - as an anthropologist it's quite funny to see the variety and understand how arbitrary it is to believe in different types of health.

In the end, I like eating things, so I simply...

... eat it.
Before I say too much, I would like to clarify what has been said.

You do not care about being healthy?

It is proven (and common sense) that if we were to eat fast food for each meal, we would be in poor health is a short amount of time.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I'm actually with Ink. To a degree, at least. Most of what I see in Indy's original post is a list of chemical compounds (with little information as to their nature, concentration or toxicity) and an implication that this is somehow Bad. Never mind that they could have perfectly naturally occurring substances, or extracts from natural substances. (Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between sea salt and sodium chloride - apart from one being Trendy and the other being Bad?)

I'm not saying that everything on Indy's list is Good Stuff - but that there's insufficent information in what he's posted for a blanket conclusion of "Takeaways Are Bad" to be tenable.

(Disclaimer: I won't touch McDonald's with a barge pole - but that's nothing to do with however many additives they use and everything to do with their products having all the flavour and character of corrugated cardboard.)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Midnight wrote:(Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between sea salt and sodium chloride - apart from one being Trendy and the other being Bad?)
Eh? Never heard that one before. There's no difference, salt IS soduim chloride.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

That's sort of the point I was trying to make actually (just my sense of humour getting a bit weird which is probably why it didn't make sense). You can make all sort of natural stuff sound bad by trotting out its scientific name instead of what it actually is.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I have several reasons for not eating fast food often:

1) The arterie clogging power that stuff has is incredible!

2) You will become overweight. And you know, a few pounds inst a big deal. But I dropped eighteen pounds awhile ago and I just felt better skinnier. I felt quicker and nimbler...and I wasnt even overweight to begin with.

3) Then there's the whole business side of things about big companies and plowed land and bad service. :P

It's not so much the ingredients on the label but the amount of fats and sugar on the label for me.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend