Swedish cammer caught taping Golden Compass

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Swedish cammer caught taping Golden Compass

Post by fredriksam »

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

hooray and such, good job on the catch between you and the citizen who tipped you off
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I'm one of the few people out there who is against pirating of movies. People seem to think it's harmless, but in fact costs the people who make them billions of dollars a year, especially with Chinese pirates seeling knockoffs of every American product known to man ( I expect arguments since many people on this board lean to the extreme left )
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Sounds like it's a good thing your friend caught them.

I disagree with Matt that people are losing money from pirating, since the amount that it would cost for the pirate to buy legal copy wouldn't necessarily make it to the creators either way, but at the same time I don't think people should be pirating something that is still earning money (a stipulation which doesn't usually count at all for movies, as there tends to be DVDs available), and since The Golden Compass is currently at #3 at the box office, this certainly counts as one of those.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I don't even get why people tape movies like that these days.

If you wanna pirate a movie it'd probably be infinitely easier to wait for the DVD and rip the nice, full-quality footage from that instead of having crappy vid-taped stuff.

But, yeah, pirating is bad and stuff. Good catch.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I cannot see how these types of videos are worth showing, I would rather go to the theater, rent or buy the dvd then view a movie filmed from a video camera.

Your friend did what he thought was best, even when video taping a film in low quality that only people that had no intention of seeing in the theater would view, your friend did what he felt was best, as an employee such actions would be taken against anyone taping a film, as a costumer, I cannot say I would care.
People seem to think it's harmless, but in fact costs the people who make them billions of dollars a year, especially with Chinese pirates seeling knockoffs of every American product known to man ( I expect arguments since many people on this board lean to the extreme left )
They have only lost billions if each person that bought an illegal copy would have purchased an official release, not to say potential income has not been lost, obviously there are people that would have bought an official release yet went for the cheaper or free copy, then there are the people that think, cheap or free or not at all, not calling such actions right or wrong, I just believe they inflate how much they lose on illegal copies.
Last edited by Xiroteus on Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

500 000 kronor!?

Shiza...thats not a small amount.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I don't see why people would want to pirate movies. Everytime I see one on YouTube there's always bad sound and fuzzy images. I rather see it, in person, in the theater then buy one on the street.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

KittyRose wrote:I don't see why people would want to pirate movies. Everytime I see one on YouTube there's always bad sound and fuzzy images. I rather see it, in person, in the theater then buy one on the street.
Yeah me too. And my mate likes seeing stuff in the movies just because you get to go out, see it on a big screen and get popcorn! But we go to the early morning Sunday shows so its only like 6 bucks instead of 10.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:I'm one of the few people out there who is against pirating of movies. People seem to think it's harmless, but in fact costs the people who make them billions of dollars a year, especially with Chinese pirates seeling knockoffs of every American product known to man ( I expect arguments since many people on this board lean to the extreme left )
I told you once and I told you again, progressive freedom of speech does not support piracy. I'm willing to bet I'm the most outspoken extreme-lefty commie bastard in the whole Pack, and I even I applaud Fredriksam's friend for what he did.

What the hell is wrong with you Matt? Is there nothing we can't talk about without you bashing 1/4 to 1/2 the Pack?
Last edited by Terastas on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Okay, Kiddies, cool off!

We are not here to accuse anyone of anything, understand?

Fredricksam's actions are to be applauded. He did more than his job, which was showing a movie: he acted to uphold his country's laws about Film Piracy. He could have just sat in the booth and watched the flick, instead he did something that protected his people and their laws; his Pack-so to speak.

This is not the time to start political crap. Let's stay polite, ok?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Great job fredriksam, its a great thing that you had a good hunch on those three and for that I salute you. I personally cant stand to watch pirated movies if there not even at least in DVD qualities, they just ruin the whole movie experience for you in my opinion. I remember watching a pirated version of IROBOT and let me say that I was glad that I saw it in theaters first because if I knew it was that bad of a quality I wouldn't have watched it.

And everyone please, even though Matt will say something that could easily start an argument, DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO RESPOND TO IT THERE FOR YOUR JUST AS GUILTY AS HE IS! I'm looking at you Terastas and Ravaged. :evil:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, true, but if it can spark an argument then just leave it alone.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

And everyone please, even though Matt will say something that could easily start an argument, DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO RESPOND TO IT THERE FOR YOUR JUST AS GUILTY AS HE IS! I'm looking at you Terastas and Ravaged.
Argument? I was being polite about my disagreement, I thought. I didn't think an argument could be sparked from my comment. Was I wrong? And what about Xiroteus? He said basically the same thing I did.

By the way, I think the original post is being misread by most everyone.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

All i said was I'm against piracy. How does that make me a bad guy this time? Just what am i guilty of? Did I say anyone's name? Did I even mention the word "furry"?

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU GUYS?
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

General comment - Regardless of what has been said, a disagreement of opinions does not have to be seen as an argument or an attempt to start one, it is just a discussion, at least that is how I see it.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Xiroteus wrote:General comment - Regardless of what has been said, a disagreement of opinions does not have to be seen as an argument or an attempt to start one, it is just a discussion, at least that is how I see it.
Agreed, so lets not post someting like "I expect arguments", because that's what will happen. It can be an discussion or an argument. It's the mannerisms of how it is discussed that tells just which it turns into.

ANNNYWAYYYS... I too am against the piracy of movies, and entertainment. Music and movies are cheap. I am however partial when it comes to software, because I know how overpriced some of those programs are. Trust me when I say, movie tickets aren't very expensive. Don't want to spend $6-$10? Wait a year and watch it on cable ya cheepskates. LoL.
:D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

MattSullivan wrote:All i said was I'm against piracy. How does that make me a bad guy this time? Just what am i guilty of? Did I say anyone's name? Did I even mention the word "furry"?

The mods on this board are against opinions. My last posts in this topic were deleted because Shadowwulf didn't agree with it (and my posts weren't even mildly offending).

Let's face it; this board gets worse by the day.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Morkulv wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:All i said was I'm against piracy. How does that make me a bad guy this time? Just what am i guilty of? Did I say anyone's name? Did I even mention the word "furry"?

The mods on this board are against opinions. My last posts in this topic were deleted because Shadowwulf didn't agree with it (and my posts weren't even mildly offending).

Let's face it; this board gets worse by the day.
Agreed.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

After thinking about it over, I believe I made a bad call and I'm sorry Morkulv and everyone else. I think I might need to take a small break from the pack.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

If I've every watched a bootleg it's because I wanted to see if the movie was even worth paying for. I would still go see it in the theatres. Hmm...Like with Skinwalkers...I am glad I DID watch it on youtube, cause I saved 8 bucks lol Ratatooie? I watched it on a movie site, but I went an bought it. Much more than a theatre cost as you know. Bottom line is if I do watch a bootleg I end up either buying it when it is released an or seeing it in at the movie theatre..

As for the debates going on around here, the pack even to me is really dying. People are getting quite touchy, tho alot of the debates are somewats sound, some are just very opionated an like Mork said, but I'll try to say it a lil differently. The pack has changed...I believe for the worse I fear :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If we can change our ways then it will be better, I hope. :(
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

No, this time it was liberals in general, and this isn't the first time I've seen you bashing them either.

Just how many poisons do you have anyway? I already know you don't like Democrats, furries and Chinese people -- anything else you'd care to warn us about?

EDIT: Even though you posted one of those "You all suck -- I'm leaving!" threads, I know you're reading this. Say hi to Vuldari for us if you see him; you both did the exact same thing, so inevitably you should wind up in the same place too.
:wink:
Last edited by Terastas on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

No, that wasn't the right thing to do there, Terastas. Now the thread will be locked for sure.

In light of that, I'd like to take one more opportunity to congratulate fredriksam's friend.
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:After thinking about it over, I believe I made a bad call and I'm sorry Morkulv and everyone else. I think I might need to take a small break from the pack.
Look; I just think you didn't see my intention clearly, and it was partially my fault for perhaps not bringing it that clearly. Regardless of that, I wasn't trying to offend Fredriksam or anyone against piracy in this topic.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

man you know what really pisses me off? people who take jabs that are not needed, im pointing at you Terastas, we should all know you should just let things go, there was no need to hit Matt for whatever he did this time
just let it go!
your a lot like my grandma, after a a argument or something she likes to make these little jabs over and over, its stupid and pointless i don't care if Matt was right or wrong and i don't if your right or wrong, just.....let.....it.....go
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)