Led Zeppelin reunion!

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Led Zeppelin reunion!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Plenty of rumors, but now it's official. http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 65,00.html

The original three survivors, plus Bonzo's son Jason Bonham, are doing a one-night gig. And, "if it's successful," they'll do a full blown reunion tour. If it's successful... as if it's even a conceivable possibility that it won't be! Tickets were probably already sold out three years ago, swept up by scalpers with time machines. Even Robert Plant will have a hard time getting in.

It's been a long time (been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely time!), but, for those of you who weren't even born when Zeppelin toured last, this could be your big chance.

Plant and Page did tour together about a decade ago, and Cathey and I got to see them then. They had a few songs off their then new album, but a lot of the lineup was, not surprisingly, Led Zeppelin content. So, I feel as if I've been to one concert, though John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham weren't part of that tour. This is the unequivocal full Zeppelin; the only way to get any more Led Zep than this is either to set your Tardis for the Hammersmith, London, 1973, or go back a few decades earlier and ride an airship.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Yup, I heard about this as well. That's some awsome news there...I highly doubt it won't be successful. You're right though tickets were probably sold out long ago.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Led Zepplin is an excellent band. Too bad I have yet to overcome my uneasiness in crowds.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

The concert was apparently a smashing success. Bootleg clips are popping up all over YouTube, with new ones replacing old ones each time the Imperial RIAA Stormtroopers shows up to pull the file. So, with a bit of patience, a YouTube download utility, and some cutting and pasting, you can make your very own bootleg of the event. Granted, the blurry resolution and 96 kHz bitrate will be so bad that you'll likely destroy all traces of it if they ever release a legitimate, professionally mastered version.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'd better go to that concert if it happens close to home. In retrospect, I should also try and see at least one OzFest, and hope to dear life that Rush will make another appearance. So many bands, so little time. I think I missed my chance with Pink Floyd, and I DID miss my chance with System of a Down which I am regetting horrably.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Expect a Led Zeppelin tour to sell out almost instantly. They had to do an online lottery system just for the option of getting tickets.

As a side note, I'm not encouraging piracy of Zeppelin material. Instead, I'm recommending glancing at YouTube clips while they're available, to let you see that they are indeed back, and to let you join me in hoping that the reunion isn't just a one night stand, but in fact the part of a comeback tour. That, and I'd love to see the O2 Arena show out on DVD, or better yet, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.