Pack Problems?

The place for anything at all...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Dreamer did. But magically his posts disappeared.
Funny, huh?
My name WAS mentioned, so I'll just ignore that comment.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Dreamer did. But magically his posts disappeared.
Funny, huh?
My name WAS mentioned, so I'll just ignore that comment.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

PariahPoet wrote:Can we leave Christians out of this as well? Take a look at the way you say things. Twice you've talked about Christians whining about being persecuted. It sounds very much like this is your view of all Christians.
This es exactly the same reason why you're pissing off the furries. You don't say anything directly (other than "oversensitive" and "idiots" in your last post ^^), however, you normally imply negative things about groups like furries and Christians. Why wouldn't this hurt people's feelings?
I used "persecuted christians" because that's the analogy most other jaded furries use to describe the problem furries within the fandom. If they said something else instead, like persecuted muslims, then i would also use it, even though i'm muslim myself, and am friends with a lot of amusing jewish people. If anything, i pay very little consideration of the consequences for my searing-hot dragon tongue with religion, because i lived among peers who doesn't give two flaming s*** about faith, and i believe it's partly responsible for creating so many lunatics that dwell among us. It's not until moments like right now that i avoid ever making eye-contact with anyone who's religious, because the fact that they would do anything to trap me into their sermons in any circumstance in the middle of the sidewalk has completely destroyed my trust to them.

Anything else you want to pry on?
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Then I direct that comment in his direction. :| I still stand by my advise to everyone though. Every time anyone has ever gotten mad at me was over misinterpretation. It's impossible to hate me IRL or over voice chat because I conduct myself respectably, yet typed text is allways seen differently on occation.

Also, enough of this slander between furries, christians, and the like. I'm both a furry AND a christian... and I'm not taking anything personal over here. Because I let the argument slide for the sake of everyone's sanity on the boards. I could make it personal fairly easy and do disagree with some people's views of my cultures. The fact is... you can rarely change a person's opinions over a forum about any given topic, so just don't bother. It's best to drop it, and let the person with less will power feel like they got the last word in. Done and done.
Last edited by Kaebora on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Why is it so bloody hard for people just to respect eachother!?
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

PariahPoet wrote:Why is it so bloody hard for people just to respect eachother!?
The question plagues me as well. :(
Last edited by Kaebora on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kaebora
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Okay: Im a nasty old Moderator. Given. I do stuff like warning people who are getting on other people's cases about what's trivial stuff, really.
I also delete stuff that is vulgar or obscene or if someone slams someone else who disagees with them.
It's my job. It's all stated in the TOS or Terms of Service. Every other Mod or Admin will do the same thing. It has nothing to do with what is said; it's (a) how it is said, and (b) the language used to say it.
I'm just as bound by the TOS as anyone else.

And as ex-Army Spec. Ops; I know vulgarities and obscenities that you folks haven't yet dreamed up- and I can say them so they sound like complements...again Army "training".
I don't use one word here I wouldn't use with some little old lady; why? Because I've learned that words are permanent: they can't be un-said, and the hurt of offense felt will never completely go away.

Please give the same space to others you would ask for yourself. The saying "Sticks and stones...but words will never hurt me" is a LIE!
Words hurt more than anything else. Words have a habit of getting under your skin and making you jumpy or overbearing...or both.

Every one of us exists here as WORDS. They describe us, define us, and present a picture for everyone else on these boards to see.
Try to make that a pleasant picture; you meet more friends that way.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

RedEye wrote:... Every one of us exists here as WORDS. They describe us, define us, and present a picture for everyone else on these boards to see.
Try to make that a pleasant picture; you meet more friends that way.
Uncle, i think "fitting picture" would be a better word to use, based on experience.

It's best to drop it, and let the person with less will power feel like they got the last word in. Done and done.
Fine by me. It's not like i'm on my back wriggling my limbs because i don't get candy.

Besides, people forget about me anyway. That's what i "prefer".
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Okies....I have had it. There is no communication here at all. Threads are disappearing an people are being banned...I was the forum admin an I had the few mods. Now we have more admins..Why wasn't I told? Why are things happening around the forum here without my knowing? Not just that, but the pack is dying. People are bringing their frusteration on here an dishin it out freely. I have to say I am disappointed in how the pack's behavior..I am not pointing a finger at all of you, but you people know who you are. There are debates daily it seems. Threads being locked. People insulting people an causing fights.. I am about ready to leave because of it. It's gotten worse here..It used to be such fun here an now it's overwhelming an painful to come here.

Debates are fine. Debates are everywhere. But direct insults are not ok. Insults come in many forms. I don't need to explain that I don't think. I think people need to leave their issues outside of here. People need to learn to be more considerate of others words. If they say something insulting, there is no need to return the insult because then others get involved an it becomes a flaming fest. I know it can't be perfect here, but it's no where near perfect. It's something everyday. I do not want to see my post vanish off here. I have said nothing wrong here an as an ADMIN here I think it needed to be said.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

You and I are both just as guilty about lack of communication. By saying the other Admins dont communicate well, that singles out ME. Way to go publicly pointing fingers. That's something to be discussed in private. I wasn't aware there was even a problem with that lately until you said so today. *sigh* PMed.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Kaebora wrote:You and I are both just as guilty about lack of communication. By saying the other Admins dont communicate well, that singles out ME. Way to go publicly pointing fingers. That's something to be discussed in private. I wasn't aware there was even a problem with that lately until you said so today. *sigh* PMed.
There are several Admins here Kae. Why not make it public? The pack members have problems just as we do. This is not some attack, it is a concern, just like other pack members voice Kae. It has been done before between us, so I don't see why ur so shocked about this now... :roll:

Is this not a thread for Pack Problems?
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

It is the holidays please cheer up and be happy.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Why am I getting blamed for things? I didn't do a bloody thing! :x

In case you haven't noticed I am NOT a mod. Apparently Fig didn't think I was good enough for the job. So I have no power to close threads, so don't go blaming me for topics getting locked!

I asked for your help to delete the spam bots when they joined the forum. You agreed. So I made you a mod to delete them.

When AB changed the way people joined the forum...your service wasn't needed.

Yes....you took it hard. I'm sorry. I thought all you wanted was to delete the spam bots.

I already know I should told you before doing what I did. Hey.....I'm not an experienced admin. I didn't ask to be one. Now.....since I don't have the time cause of my long work hours....I resigned.

:( Again....sorry. :(

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote: Is this not a thread for Pack Problems?

I have problems putting mine on my back.

Heh...sorry.....couldn't resist. :jester:

Maybe I should start a "Back problem" thread for us old folks. :jester:
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

You are not old yet, give yourself another fourty years.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xiroteus wrote:
Oh yeah. Mine went out 3 times. Been to the hospital each time for muscle relaxers and shots. I was out of work for a week.

I have to be carefull on what I do now. Reaching down to pick up a quarter CAN be a very difficult task.

I AM old. :(
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Figarou wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:
Oh yeah. Mine went out 3 times. Been to the hospital each time for muscle relaxers and shots. I was out of work for a week.

I have to be carefull on what I do now. Reaching down to pick up a quarter CAN be a very difficult task.

I AM old. :(
Sounds quite serious, not old, just injured, doing okay now?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xiroteus wrote:
Not injured......worn out. Happens when you..."get old." :(
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Figarou wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:
And work too much.

Any breaks coming up soon?

You still have to work on Christmas, correct?
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Figarou wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:Why am I getting blamed for things? I didn't do a bloody thing! :x

In case you haven't noticed I am NOT a mod. Apparently Fig didn't think I was good enough for the job. So I have no power to close threads, so don't go blaming me for topics getting locked!

I asked for your help to delete the spam bots when they joined the forum. You agreed. So I made you a mod to delete them.

When AB changed the way people joined the forum...your service wasn't needed.

Yes....you took it hard. I'm sorry. I thought all you wanted was to delete the spam bots.

I already know I should told you before doing what I did. Hey.....I'm not an experienced admin. I didn't ask to be one. Now.....since I don't have the time cause of my long work hours....I resigned.

:( Again....sorry. :(
It's not just that but the way you treated me before you resigned as admin. You were a real jerk. I was just trying to keep people from getting upset at you for being so grouchy and you turned and bit me for it saying I snapped at you. I really considered you a friend, that hurt.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xiroteus wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:
And work too much.

Any breaks coming up soon?

You still have to work on Christmas, correct?
With my job....there is not alot of lifting...mostly driving. (Not long haul. Sitting to long is bad.) As for breaks.....I have no idea when my vacation is cause its not my turn to pick my week for 2008.

As for working on Xmas.....yup. :( If I stay on my current work schedule...Xmas won't fall on my day off for the next 6 years. ( I have a rotating schedule.)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote: Is this not a thread for Pack Problems?

I have problems putting mine on my back.

Heh...sorry.....couldn't resist. :jester:

Oh geez Fig :Jester3: I wish you could take some time off..Geez working so much can't be that healthy :P Especially if you are having back problems :(
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

With my job....there is not alot of lifting...mostly driving. (Not long haul. Sitting to long is bad.) As for breaks.....I have no idea when my vacation is cause its not my turn to pick my week for 2008.
Sitting down for to many hours can ware on you, how often can a week be chosen?

As for working on Xmas.....yup. :( If I stay on my current work schedule...Xmas won't fall on my day off for the next 6 years. ( I have a rotating schedule.)
Maybe one will come sooner so you can at least one holiday work free.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote: It's not just that but the way you treated me before you resigned as admin. You were a real jerk. I was just trying to keep people from getting upset at you for being so grouchy and you turned and bit me for it saying I snapped at you. I really considered you a friend, that hurt.

I can be "hurt" as well. I thought YOU was my friend before you said this.

http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... 508#159508
PariahPoet wrote:Yeah, she got the attention she deserved in the con, but not from the Pack.

Fig, you're always going to be my friend, I wouldn't let anything as petty as my need for attention get in the way of that, but you really weren't interested.
Remember I sent you a pm saying I wasn't sure if it was worth finishing Red becaue I didn't want to compete with Okami?
Your reaction- OOH! I didn't know she was making an Okami!

I mean, it's not that big a deal. You liked her stuff before I even started making suits. But you know me, I have to whine.
It's just that I really didn't have much fun this year.

I was hurt because I went to see you at Oni-con in Houston. I had fun there being with you. Even though that convention can't compare to A-kon.
Last edited by Figarou on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kaebora wrote:The purpose of this thread is to address how to improve ourselves to avoid excessive conflict.
Well, if that's what you're after, here's a suggestion for people: Don't generalise. If anyone's going to lump Furries, or Christians, or Americans, or Liberals, or People Who Speak Spanish, or whatever, together in a group and start insulting them, then the inevitable reaction is going to be people taking offence because they are a member of one or more of the aforementioned groups.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote: I wish you could take some time off..Geez working so much can't be that healthy :P Especially if you are having back problems :(
Let me put it this way. Ever cracked your knuckles? Now...imagine doing that with ALL of your joints. If I move the wrong way...or move to fast...I feel a pinch in my joint. I react like pulling my hand away from a hot flame. My muscle tightens because of it. THATS the problem I'm having.

Midnight wrote:
Kaebora wrote:The purpose of this thread is to address how to improve ourselves to avoid excessive conflict.
Well, if that's what you're after, here's a suggestion for people: Don't generalise. If anyone's going to lump Furries, or Christians, or Americans, or Liberals, or People Who Speak Spanish, or whatever, together in a group and start insulting them, then the inevitable reaction is going to be people taking offence because they are a member of one or more of the aforementioned groups.

And don't let your "personal feelings" get in the way.