Life After "Freeborn"

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack

After Freeborn is done, do we want to try and influence another werewolf film?

Yes
54%
No
1%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
45%

Total votes: 80

garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Of course we have likely all heard the remarks about anything designed bya committee.

But, notwithstanding that.

Lets say any creative persons with big plans, want input which they may or may not use directly, but which might fire their imagination in another direction. A resource similar to this, could easily be an idea generator. In other words, a way to stir stagnant waters and see what floats to the top.

Now, I do realize that there is a thread that sort of summarizes what folks consensus has seemed to be.

But a writer is never constrained by that, beyond what comes from the suits in the front office of the production and distribution companies.

As for
Renorei wrote:
Excelsia wrote:These are the types of movies (or other stuff) that I think we should influence, in order of my preference:

-more werewolves
-dragons
-unicorns
-centuars

I'm not really a big fan of the idea of doing other shapeshifter movies (such as weretiger or werelion), I think that's too close to werewolves. I want to stick with cryptozoology, however. I think that'd be a good overall topic for the pack to discuss: any and all creatures that are cryptozoological in nature, or anything magical or unreal.

I don't want to get too far away from magic and crypto stuff, however. I think that's spreading ourselves too thin. But those are just my opinions.

I'd like to add incubi and succubi to my earlier list.
It is worth noting that in many cultures mythologies Dragons are credited with taking human form and enganging in activities within human societies so disquised.

In Venezuala or perhaps other portions of Mezo America, there was the Myth of Uturuncu the Were Jaguar, which goes way back to times before the arrival of the Spaniards.

The field of mythology is ripe for intoxicating storytelling in a variety of media.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I really hope that we can band together once again(even thou it would be my first time) and help make another good lupine film.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

That's so far down the road though.

And I dont think we should put our input on another movie. It makes was AB is doing here less special.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Well i mean that when things are straightened out and the movie is a hit as i know it will be. (Freborn that is if i was a bit confuseing)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

MoonKit wrote:And I dont think we should put our input on another movie. It makes was AB is doing here less special.
Y'think so?

I think if that happened he'd look like a pioneer. Changed the face of filmmaking by asking the target audience what they want to see, then drawing up a consensus and making it.

First of a movement, I'd definitely put that under the "Special" column heading.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Freeborn is definitely going to be the first of its kind. That's inevitable.

It's probably actually too late to be asking whether or not all the accumulated opinion around here can be used to gauge ideas for any other movies, though. That metaphorical horse has well and truly bolted. Camp Lycanthrope and H.O.D. already exist as ideas; and, although I'm certain the ideas were already well advanced by the time this site began, their creators have been interacting enough here that the site cannot help but influence them, at least to some small degree, simply by its very existence. (Now all they need to get the films made is a bit of luck, a fair amount of money and a hell of a lot of hard work).

I'd actually prefer Freeborn to be "the first of its kind" rather than "the only one of its kind". Being "the first of its kind" means that movie producers are going to sit up, take notice and start listening to the fans talk about what they want to see. I reckon that's a good thing.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

vrikasatma wrote:
MoonKit wrote:And I dont think we should put our input on another movie. It makes was AB is doing here less special.
Y'think so?

I think if that happened he'd look like a pioneer. Changed the face of filmmaking by asking the target audience what they want to see, then drawing up a consensus and making it.

First of a movement, I'd definitely put that under the "Special" column heading.

Well I do like the idea of more filmmakers going to the fans. Not even necessarily werewolves. Stuff that's based off books and games and things too. And he can be pioneer of that but if it's left up to us, we'll all be making the same werewolves again and again. (though other species would be nice too) I think just having Freeborn come out and gain enough popularity will start a whole bunch of new werewolf movies with more of our kind of werewolf.

But I do like the idea of helping the pack members on here with their stuff.

But who knows? When it's all said and done I may change my mind. 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

As Kipling said: "The strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

If, in our way, we can help bring a new vision of what a Werewolf is to the movies, we'll have accomplished more than all the pre-screenings and editorial re-cuts ever did, since we'll have been a part of the Story-Telling from the beginning, rather than simply taking what some writer and director have brewed up and tossed out for the public to take-or-leave.
We'll have shown that Participation makes sense, both at the box-office and in retail release.
By doing that, we'll have made a change in the way pictures are made, and also helped the studios make a profit.
That will bring more pictures that we want to see, more stories that we want to hear.
Everybody wins, that way.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

oh gosh i can't stand the anticapation. :D :cry:
AetasLupus

Post by AetasLupus »

I can't wait to see it either. :howl:  :oo