How can there be thoughts without words?

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dont worry guys, just carry on with your discussion. :D I cant give my opinion at the moment because my mind feels distracted and Im tired from playing soccer today, I also hurt my leg a bit. :(

EDIT: I think a wolf would mainly think about its basic instincts and simple pleasures, and at the same time have deep relations and emotions with one another.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You know if you took a human, removed the society and words and unnatural stress and morals and all that crap, what you'd be left with is pretty much the same thought process. Just an animal trying to survive.

So, basic things. Pictures, feelings, sounds, smells, sensations. Things like how good the food was or how angry you were because your brother stole your favorite stick. It's not complicated.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I think that Matt will agree that wolves think-but then dogs think as well.
We see more of the canid to canid mindsets in Wolves than in dogs, but we bred them to be that way.
I will go out on a limb here and say I have personally seen what I would call moral, abstract thinking in some Wolves, but then that's one specific pack of human reared Wolves; not the ones found actually in the wild.
SO...the potential is there (in "Processing capacity"). Whether it actually appears in wild wolves, I have not seen, but the capacity is there, nonetheless.
Here's a good question: Wolves live in a world different from the one we occupy: would we recognize moral thought in any case? They are alien to our conceptions of most things.
They think, decidedly so. You don't need words to think: you need "Processing power" to think, and Wolves have that, moreso than dogs.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

RedEye wrote: Here's a good question: Wolves live in a world different from the one we occupy: would we recognize moral thought in any case? They are alien to our conceptions of most things.
:D
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Unfortunatly, morality is interpreted differntly by different people. Stands to reason the sam thing applies to animals...except for the plain and simple fact that animals hunt down and KILL EACH OTHER without giving thought to "morality"
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Morality can often get strained by hunger, I agree. Filling your belly in order to survive can transcend morality, with simple survival instinct; and wolves have that in plenty.

If, however, I see a Wolf eat a vegeburger in place of a nice fat rabbit-out of choice-I'm saying they're People (and dumb!). Rabbit's delicious!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...