SVTOA?

The place for anything at all...
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

SVTOA?

Post by Zombie »

Whilst going through my favorite sites, I ran across something at the Special Vehicle Team Owners Association (SVTOA). A member who is into autocrossing (think a short road course laid out with cones) had a photo album up, and guess what I saw there? The PACK symbols along with a few other tidbits from the boards (indicating a possible member!). The point of this though, is does anyone else here participate in any kind of autosport? How often do you compete/watch? Who participates in motorized mayhem out there?

-Z[/b]
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

I autocross when i have money and touge alot. :D
Shift_
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Zombie »

What do you drive? A Cobra? Any mods? any advice for someone who is just starting out? (I really want to get into autocrossing and open track racing, but I want to get into a high-performance driving school first.)

-Z
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

i drive a 85 sentra with front ground control coilovers from a 240sx in front, toyota tercels springs in the rear with 85 camaro shocks and alot more that im too lazy to list.... but yea you dont need racing school to autocross, you just need a car thatll pass tech inspection and your good.
Shift_
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Zombie »

Razo wolf wrote:i drive a 85 sentra with front ground control coilovers from a 240sx in front, toyota tercels springs in the rear with 85 camaro shocks and alot more that im too lazy to list.... but yea you dont need racing school to autocross, you just need a car thatll pass tech inspection and your good.
But I do need to go through a driving school to get a competition liscense for open-track days. (and building more skills never hurts!) I drive a 96 Cobra, and its all stock, with the exception of a set of MSD coil packs (the stocker went bad, so I replaced both of `em) A Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft and a Pro 5.0 short-throw shifter. On the street, it handles like a dream, but I know it will need heavier-rate springs for the track (lots of nose dive on very hard stops) I know Maximum Motorsports specializes in Mustangs and Cobra stuff (suspensionwise) and I think Ill be giving them a call in the near future. :)

Who knows? If you go out of Cali, you could possibly see a black Cobra chase you down on a open track day!

-Z