Ayakashi (awesome stylized anime)

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Ayakashi (awesome stylized anime)

Post by Terastas »

I found this completely by accident and was absolutely blown away. It's kind of confusing if you don't follow along, and I strongly recommend reading the video descriptions as they often suffice as footnotes for the Japanese terminology used throughout the story arc.

Akayashi - Bakeneko Story Arc:
1-1
1-2
1-3
2-1
2-2
2-3
3-1
3-2
3-3
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ooh! I'm diggin' that style!
So pretty! :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Uh, hey, if anyone's like me and looking for more of this, Ayakashi was a set of three "classic Japanese horror" arcs; the unique Edo-period art style only appear in this one. There was, however, a spin-off series about the unnamed medicine seller called Mononoke, but thanks to the well known Miyazaki movie of the same name, finding it on Youtube hasn't been easy. :(
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

It reminds me of the old Beatles cartoon "Yellow Submarine" ; except this doesn't looks made by a pothead
Last edited by Anónimo Juan on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Wow, somebody finally recorded the world's worst acid trip. Seriously, this is like Timothy Leary's take on Stephen King.

"Holy Crap! Don't open the door, man! There's a giant cat made outta jellow comin' through the wals to eat our heads! AHHHHHH!" :cafinated:
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Templar wrote:Wow, somebody finally recorded the world's worst acid trip. Seriously, this is like Timothy Leary's take on Stephen King.

"Holy Crap! Don't open the door, man! There's a giant cat made outta jellow comin' through the wals to eat our heads! AHHHHHH!" :cafinated:
First thing it reminded me of was The Grudge, where the monster was actually the man's pure hatred that appeared in the form of his wife and kid (after he kills the demon, all that's left is this tiny little kitten), but I love your take on it too. :grinp: