Lycanthrope Society and Sexuality

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Wolves have heats once a year, usually. The bleeding part is the same as it is in the Human-Game Over.

I'd speculate that Were's would have two heats a year, sort of a nod to their human side. And there is a lot more than just a little bleeding going on:

"Do you want children, this soon after we've mated?" Serena queried Greg. "I'll be starting my heat soon-so; do you want children now or not?"
Greg was surprized; this was something that Humans rarely discussed. He managed a reply; "I don't understand- I thought last night..."
"Was wonderful!" Serena replied. "That was sex. In my heat, we'll mate constantly, hardly stopping to eat. It'll last a couple of days, then we'll be presentable again."

Seeing his uncomprehending stare, she explained: "In a day or so, I'll start feeling very maternal-that's your scent working on me. You'll start getting protective of me; that's my scent working on you. Then we retire to the 'Lust Hut' and get a few days of no chores."

"If we want children, we just mate-and I'll very likely get pregnant. If we don't want children right now, we chew the herbs and then all we make is love, not babies," she leaned across the truck's cab and kissed him.
"Since we are mated-it's our choice. So, Greg, what do you want?"

"Shouldn't we finish our degrees first?" he queried. Serena nodded; "My thought as well...but as mates, we do this together." She sat back in the seat, looking as desirable as always...
(Wulfen Honor: book two of the series. Abridged quotation))

That is the sort of "Heat" I was referring to. Part Wolf, part Human; all Werewolf.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

RedEye wrote:Wolves have heats once a year, usually. The bleeding part is the same as it is in the Human-Game Over.

I'd speculate that Were's would have two heats a year, sort of a nod to their human side. And there is a lot more than just a little bleeding going on:

"Do you want children, this soon after we've mated?" Serena queried Greg. "I'll be starting my heat soon-so; do you want children now or not?"
Greg was surprized; this was something that Humans rarely discussed. He managed a reply; "I don't understand- I thought last night..."
"Was wonderful!" Serena replied. "That was sex. In my heat, we'll mate constantly, hardly stopping to eat. It'll last a couple of days, then we'll be presentable again."

Seeing his uncomprehending stare, she explained: "In a day or so, I'll start feeling very maternal-that's your scent working on me. You'll start getting protective of me; that's my scent working on you. Then we retire to the 'Lust Hut' and get a few days of no chores."

"If we want children, we just mate-and I'll very likely get pregnant. If we don't want children right now, we chew the herbs and then all we make is love, not babies," she leaned across the truck's cab and kissed him.
"Since we are mated-it's our choice. So, Greg, what do you want?"

"Shouldn't we finish our degrees first?" he queried. Serena nodded; "My thought as well...but as mates, we do this together." She sat back in the seat, looking as desirable as always...
(Wulfen Honor: book two of the series. Abridged quotation))

That is the sort of "Heat" I was referring to. Part Wolf, part Human; all Werewolf.
If werewolf sex is like that .... damn!! :o

Now I REALLY wish I was a werewolf!! :P
THE GAME

My Armory
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Greg is a "Crosser", a Human "Crossed Over the dangerous passage" by a donation of blood from Serena, after he was almost killed saving her cute, fuzzy, tail from some mercenary Hunters.

Serena is a generational Werewolf, a daughter of Harold DeWitt Wolfe; a semi-major character in the story. Yeah, the name was a bit of joke...think Ben Cartwright with fangs and you get the picture. Serena is his youngest daughter.

Greg and Serena become major players in books four and five... and all I have there are Arc's.

I got a nibble from DAW. Now, to set the hook... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
bar1scorpio
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Sierra Mist Abuser

Post by bar1scorpio »

Well, in the PitW-Verse, pack alpha's long ago practiced 'droit de singeor'. 'prima noctis' as it's also known. (Remember the movie Braveheart?). Basically the strongest leader type got preference on passing along their traits. Of course, many females and males competed within the group for their own pair bonds to carry on their genes. (hundreds of years before anyone even knew about genetics) The goal being to produce a stronger, healthier lycanthrope.

Of course, this oddly enough went both ways. A male alpha had sexual rights to any female in the pack, as the alpha female could claim sexual dominion over any male. (The latter though might be practiced a tad more discretely, as to not let it be known that the alpha male might not be performing, or capable of it.). As long as the next generation was comparable to the preceding, it was shrugged off if say, the gamma wolf's son's fur pattern more resembled the delta's....

On homosexuality... they get to be in on an even bigger joke. Because while no man is afraid of being turned into a werewolf, quite a few are threatened by the thought of being 'turned gay'!
"TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlein

"The World Will Be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead