Hair

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Hair

Post by Silverclaw »

Alrighty, what do you think should happen as a human with long hair transforms into a werewolf? Should the hair(on head) remain in werewolf form, or shorten to fur lenghth or what?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I think it should stay, but change color to match the fur color. At least...that makes sense to me right now. I can imagine how that could look really weird if done wrong. Maybe Werewolves with long hair in human form should have a shaggy mane in wolf form which represents that, but looks more natural than a wig of human hair on a wolfs head.
It's hard to tell just what it would look like when most of the examples I can think of are cartoon style images. What looks okay in 2D might look terribly wrong in 3D. (Like spiky anime hair. :roll: )
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I can't see it shortening, personally. Falling out and regrowing to the proper fur lenght perhaps, but even that stretches my imagination a little and doesn't add much to the movie.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

I think the fur length should be the same as the hairs,so long hair=long fur,short hair=short fur.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Being realistic, any fur that a werewolf grows during transformation would elongate to the same length, regardless of it's length in human form. This would typically go unnoticed, but a human with long hair in their human form would have a similar style applied to their were form.

It would make sense for the werewolf's hair color to change during the shift, at least so long as that was the natural color. If the werewolf had dyed his hair, I imagine the artificial color would transfer to the werewolf's headfur as well.

Those could be the rules of anonimity (sp?) regarding hairstyles among werewolves: keep it short and keep it natural. Any styling which transfers over to the were form could (and most likely would) be a giveaway to their human form.

Remember in the Cyber Six episode, the werewolf with the long flaming red hair? That's what I'm talking about in terms of what not to do. :P
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

This is a werewolf, not a furry. If some girl (or guy, I suppose) with long hair turns into a werewolf, it would look really weird to see this fantastic CGI and prosthetic job with a wig stuck on top. What looks good in drawings doesn't always look good in real life - witness the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie.

And if a werewolf with long hair as a human gets long, shaggy fur as a wolf, and wolves with short hair get short-cropped fur... what happens to a werewolf who is BALD as a human? No fur? That would look wonderful...
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

If the werewolf has short hair, then the hiar is not visible in wolf form, however if the hair of say a female is long, or simplely for the female gender, then I can see the hair growing longer, reaching maybe to the buttocks/tail, this would add to the femanine apperance of the female wolf. I would suggest you look at the posts where artwork has been posted regarding the genders and help...need art topics for inspiration...No need to take away something that all woman normally value, and I'm sure, would value, in any form.

EDIT: To clarify, I was referring to the head scalp hair, not hair anywhere else.

And is there really a difference between a mane and hair?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Xodiac wrote:This is a werewolf, not a furry. If some girl (or guy, I suppose) with long hair turns into a werewolf, it would look really weird to see this fantastic CGI and prosthetic job with a wig stuck on top. What looks good in drawings doesn't always look good in real life - witness the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie.
Did I say it was supposed to? I'm not trying to turn Devoured into a furry movie -- just trying to be realistic, and personally, if someone had a green mowhawk and the lycanthropic syndrome grew fur in some places, shortened it in others and removed all the green food coloring from it, I'd consider that seriously unnatural. And I didn't say it'd be cool to see a werewolf with long flaming red hair -- I said that'd be the incentive for a werewolf not to.
And if a werewolf with long hair as a human gets long, shaggy fur as a wolf, and wolves with short hair get short-cropped fur... what happens to a werewolf who is BALD as a human? No fur? That would look wonderful...
The way I figure it, fur grows out in equal proportions along the body, so a bald guy would have just your typical headfur. Basically, anywhere the werewolf doesn't trim and/or shave would be a little more on the shaggy side in their werewolf form.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

In a more realistic way,it would all depend on that person's hormones.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I wasn't saying you were trying to turn this into a furry movie, and I apologise that it sounded like I did.

My point was that what looks good and often sexy in a drawing - such as those made by furries - would not look good rendered realistically. In fact, it runs a significant danger of looking silly.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

Hey by the way,the two werewolves next to to the title,are they gonna look like that on the movie?cause i still haven't figured how they're gonna look like headwise.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Although I am anything but an official source, I can safely say...NO. The Wolves at the top of the page are NOT accurate representations of what the Werewolves in the movie will look like. Those are just some images Calypso put together to make the page appropriately Wolf-inhabited.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:Although I am anything but an official source, I can safely say...NO. The Wolves at the top of the page are NOT accurate representations of what the Werewolves in the movie will look like. Those are just some images Calypso put together to make the page appropriately Wolf-inhabited.

"Adobe Photoshop" or "Paint shop pro" can do really cool things. :wink:

Unless something else was used to make them.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

aaah.well good,i was afraid they would look like that,cause if they did,i don;t thing anyone would take the movie seriously.
Although by all means they look great,so no offence to Calypso. :)
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

See? its really easy.. And NO, they're not the werewolves in this movie. Although the actors that I used for the photos want auditions now. heheheh.

And no offense taken. Believe me, some things are happening,and if they come to pass.. everyone is gonna do backflips over the werewolves.

CB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:[img]image[/img]
[img]image[/img]

[img]image[/img]
[img]image[/img]

See? its really easy.. And NO, they're not the werewolves in this movie. Although the actors that I used for the photos want auditions now. heheheh.

And no offense taken. Believe me, some things are happening,and if they come to pass.. everyone is gonna do backflips over the werewolves.

CB
I knew it. Photoshop.

Man I'm good. :P

When it comes to the werewolves in the film, I better be doing triple sumersaults. :lol:
Shadu
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Shadu »

i think the hair part has to be linked closely to the tranasformation. depending on how it goes some things like the way the fur looks at the end might need to be modified to meet expectations.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Here's an EXCELLENT example of how hair could look like for the female:

http://www.drakkolupen.com/gallery/gall ... 1497660885
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Think-Harder wrote:Here's an EXCELLENT example of how hair could look like for the female:

http://www.drakkolupen.com/gallery/gall ... 1497660885
Hmmmm.......a werewolf wearing a watch. interesting. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Xodiac wrote:I wasn't saying you were trying to turn this into a furry movie, and I apologise that it sounded like I did.

My point was that what looks good and often sexy in a drawing - such as those made by furries - would not look good rendered realistically. In fact, it runs a significant danger of looking silly.
Understood. And while I agree that it would be a real pain to do as a CGI werewolf, I still think that sort of rule should be applied. It wouldn't actually need to be shown on the werewolf itself, but I think it should at least still be implied. A freshly-bitten werewolf, for example, might be instructed to cut off his ponytail or wash out any dye in it before his first shift, after which he could explain the whole thing about the long hair and anonymity (it'd be cheaper than CGI too).
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Xodiac wrote:I wasn't saying you were trying to turn this into a furry movie, and I apologise that it sounded like I did.

Silly as in unrealistic? This also depends on how the hair is rendered. If the hair is rendered with Sasquash, I'm sure that it could be done realistically and long as the pic that I have posted in this topic...

That is not to say that I am for the keeping of a hair style on the werewolf. Case in point for a female; updowns. When they transform their hair style will probably be lost, because it would grow, so they would all have long wavy/curly hair covering their backside... Besides their head structure would change, so the only style that would realistically work for a female is a one where the hair is long.