What's Kaebora's Excuse?

The place for anything at all...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

What's Kaebora's Excuse?

Post by Kaebora »

Simple. I have no excuse for neglecting my duties as an Administrator. The last month I strayed away from all internet forums and chats. I occasionally would build stuff in Second Life, but even strayed from playing that game as much as I used to. I've had a lot of work to do looking for a job, and deciding on whether or not I should move back to Texas. I came to a compromise earlier this week when I finally got the call for a job.

The catch was that the training is packed full until April, and its the highest paying job I have been offered. I'm just going to take it, despite the fact its in New Mexico. Instead of moving back, I'm going to Texas as of tomorrow merely to visit family and friends for two weeks to a month (since there's nothing else left to do until work starts). I'm taking my computer with me, and will have internet access on the latter half of my stay. So, if anyone here dwelling in the Dallas Texas area wants a chance to meet up with me, PM me and I can get back to you in about a week.

My activity online will be consisting of The Pack, and Second Life from now on. I narrowed it down to this after careful deliberation. The Pack has been much better to me than all other internet social outlets for the last couple of years. Second Life comes in close second in that department, along with the fact that I already made $600 USD worth of commissions in that game.

I'm coming back, and will do my best to better serve the Pack as a more active admin. Sorry for my absence.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

No worries, we all take a hiatus from time to time. Glad to have you back though. :)
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Ya, it's great to see your avi again. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I kept thinking Blue Eyes ^ was you because of the avatar. :lol:

Congrats on the job!

Edited...fixed!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Kaebora? Who's that? :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We understand; a lot of us have jobs, too.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I also understand, I have a life. :lol: j/k.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Welcome back :D
And good luck with the new job :howl:  :oo
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Hey Kae good to hear about the job! Best of luck to you man! : D

-Neko
Kaebora

Re: What's Kaebora's Excuse?

Post by Kaebora »

Again I'm experiencing more downtime from the Pack forums than usual. My plans to make more membership cards, magic cards, and even the usual browsing and such... has fallen into a lack of participation. (Well, I barely post much anyways since I've turned into a reader and observer these days.) I feel that I should at least fill you in on the happenings.

I'm working 50 to 60 hours a week at two jobs now, and trying to pay off these debts. This weekend I'll have Saturday off to see about catching up on things that need finishing all over the place, and not just here. I can't promise anything. I want The Pack to have more active admins and moderators. I'm just sad that I can't do my part lately.
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh noes!

Congrats on having more work... and all the good stuff.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Kaebora wrote:Again I'm experiencing more downtime from the Pack forums than usual. My plans to make more membership cards, magic cards, and even the usual browsing and such... has fallen into a lack of participation. (Well, I barely post much anyways since I've turned into a reader and observer these days.) I feel that I should at least fill you in on the happenings.

I'm working 50 to 60 hours a week at two jobs now, and trying to pay off these debts. This weekend I'll have Saturday off to see about catching up on things that need finishing all over the place, and not just here. I can't promise anything. I want The Pack to have more active admins and moderators. I'm just sad that I can't do my part lately.
Do you mean "downtime" with the actual server itself, or just that you haven't been around as much in general? Because if you are having problems with the actual website, just see if you can tell me what type of error and when you're getting it so that I can look into it a little deeper to make sure it's not something faulty with the website.

Otherwise we still have RedEye and Teh_DarkJokerWolf (hopefully Shadow Wulf will be back in a few weeks) overlooking the forum (I do as well every 20 minutes or so while I'm working). And really, there's nothing wrong about being an admin and not being around much.

Last of all, I hope your life turns around. Sorry that I haven't really even been able to meet you directly through instant messaging or anything considering that you're the only admin I haven't directly had a conversation with yet.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Well, my ghostly existence here has mostly been due to me ultimately losing interest in most forum conversation, which is starting to taper away. Soon I'll be getting Pack withdrawals like a crack fiend and have a huge burst of active posts for a couple of months. You'll see.

But yeah, if one of these jobs turns out to support me enough on its own i can drop the other and be back on the comfortable 9 to 5 forty.
-Kaebora
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Just so long as you remeber the proper order of things:
1. Life-survival and comfort

2. Love (which makes 1 above so much more worthwhile)

3. The Pack-where you can tell us all about 1 and 2.

Good Luck on all of the above. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...