Hide and Go Seek ((Vacancy! Looking for more))

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Dezander looked around and sighed. He brushed his hand through his hair and nodded in an apologetic manner.
"Look," he turned towards the stranger. "I'm sorry...It's just that I've been on edge since this whole thing started. After being chased by a bunch of people with guns, I'm just a little bit fed up!"
He leaned back on the sofa and lowered the coffee cup onto the nearby table. With a quick nod he began speaking in Nekko's direction.
"This little meeting is great and all, but where exactly are we going to go, now? Eventually those guys are going to find you and probably kill me."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

How's the realtionship going?

A part of Jarod sunk, yet he spoke up.

"She died about seven years ago."

He shook his head and forced a smile. "Anyway, don't worry about it. Its a pleasure to meet both of you."

Apparently Dezander was in a rush, worried that they were still coming for him "Well, may I ask what exactly you guys are running from?"

Jarod sat in silent thought for a few moments. Legend had it that there was a society of people that hunted down weres, although he couldn't be sure that was what was going on. The soldier was a normal human, Jarod could tell, it was in his demeanor. Nekko was definately a tiger though, it showed. Jarod wiped the spit off Penelope's picture and set it back down on the mantle before picking up his rubik's cube and toying with it once more.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

"I had a girlfriend once. It was great while it lasted." Nekko shared, seeing how Jarod reacted. He took another long sip of his spiked coffee and became more relaxed. There was a moment of silence. Nekko took another sip of his coffee and started to enter a druged state. "Man, I love this coffe." He said to his self, taking yet again another sip. Relaxed so much, Nekko shifted just enough to show ears and a tail.
"So, anyways about us running," He managed to say, "There is this organization who are hunting our kind down. And tonight of all nights, I happen to run into an old 'friend' from Skibur, the organization, again. I just also happend to be talking to Dezadner, who I met earlier today when they attacked." He finished, staring off into nothing.

((OOC: Heh, catnip. It has a funny effect on me))
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander simply stared at the drugged Nekko with a surprised expression. He shook his head and turned his attention back to the stranger. Guilt seemed to overwhelm him after realizing that the picture which he had previously vandalized was of the man's deceased wife. He stood up and began approaching the nearby television. A stammered vocalization exited his mouth.
"I-I'm really sorry about the picture..." Something seemed to be churning in his mind. " I never realized that your kind was hated so much..."
Dezander moved towards the wall and seated himself on the floor, covering his face with his hands.
"There was this time back when I was on duty in one of the camps in the desert...there was this guy in a car. I couldn't see him, but I knew that he was trouble. He didn't say much, he just kind of drove through the gate without question," tears were building in Dezander's eyes. "Well, there was this woman that worked in the base...Real pretty. Her name was Ziva." He groaned in an annoyed manner. "I shouldn't have let that car through. I know it! Well, Ziva and I had been dating for a while...then it ended there. The car..." he let a weak cry leave his throat. "The car just hit her and kept driving. The guy in the car didn't even stop...he just kept on driving...but I still remember Ziva. Her beautiful blue eyes and her gentle black hair...To this day, I still want to kill that man who took her from me. Ever since this whole escapade started, I feel like all of it is somehow connected, you know? Well, enough with that...just that picture made me think of her."
Dezander wiped the tears from his eyes and regained his serious appearance.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Raul grinned as he crouched by the road. He'd found the origin of the singular gunshot fired not so long ago. Kinda - it had to be around here, as there bullet hole was in the ground here. He knew those he was looking for would be away from the action. Away from the cameras and automatic weapons fire that was the military getting into a firefight with Skibur.

Investigating that was boring, though. Men with guns didn't interest Raul as much as the so-called were-creature and if there were survivors they could be as easily interrogated later as they could be now. Slowly, he rose, turning towards the nearest home, Jarrod's, and stepped to the door with a easy smile on his face.

He knocked.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

After that remark, Dezander almost seemed managable...

There was a knock at the door, he wasn't expecting any guests, so it was bad news. He snatched the handgun from his side and carefully held it behind his back. He was going to answer the door, he had to. If he didn't he would look guilty. Jarod tucked the gun under a the table by the door and looked through the peek hole. A man dressed in suit and tie was wating outside.

Jarod turned to Dezander and the drugged Nekko, "I think one of your buddies are here..."

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander looked up with a saddened gaze and tried looking through the nearby windows. He couldn't see the stranger outside the door. He leaned forward and regained his footing on the ground beneath him. The thought of his past seemed to be leaving him in a semi-aware state. With a terrified sigh, he opened his mouth to speak.
"What do you mean by that?" he lacked any idea of what to say.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I mean the Skibur people Nekko was talking about."

Jarod had to answer the door, there was no other option, although Nekko was on his couch with feline ears and a tail. There was indeed a problem.

"Just a minute!' he shouted from the confines of the house.

He turned back to Dezander, placing the handgun back in the side of his pants, covering it with his long dress shirt. He brought his voice to a whisper.

"We gotta move Nekko, first. That or he's gotta shift back, now. Should my suspiscions be correct, he's not gonna be too keen with seeing a weretiger on my couch."

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

With a reluctant nod, Dezander moved to the window and tried to gain a view of the stranger outside. He then turned back towards Jarod and leaned onto the door's frame.

"Where exactly are we supposed to move a drugged weretiger? If that is Skibur I highly doubt that they will simply just look in here. They're going to search..."

Dezander looked towards the slightly-transformed Nekko and groaned in a confused behavior.

"Well, what now?" he asked Jarod.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Nekko shook his head, returning to reality. "Whats going on?" He said seeing Jarod near the door. "Oh!" He got up, almost falling over. He quickly regained balance. "Where's your bathroom?" He asked, still holding on to his coffee. "It'll give me some time to sober up. 'Nip makes it harder to maintain my human form." He wispered. "Just point the way, no need to show me."
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Down the hall and to the right." he said, running for the door

He knew the stranger was slowly growing impatient. In a little bit, it was obvious that he'd just kick the door down, his extended stay told that he'd sit there until the door opened. After confirmation that Nekko was at least out of sight, Jarod opened the door just enough to stick his head out.

"Can I help you, sir?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Raul nodded, his smile hadn't faded in the slightest despite the extended wait. "Perhaps you can sir," he replied, pulling a card from his dark suit and handing it to Jarrod. "I'm Agent Longden, from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I've been investigating the ruckus tonight that you've undoubtedly heard about on the TV already."

He paused for a moment, letting the information sink in before he continued.

"I have reason to believe that two involved in it are in the area, especially after hearing a lone gunshot not too long ago. Especially since said gunshot has left a bullet lodged in the ground not far from your door that enters the ground from an angle suggesting the shooter fired it with his or her back to this building here, as if firing a warning shot."

Raul flashed Jarrod a grin. "Cutting to the chase: the soldier and his reported 'tiger'. I'd like to know if you've seen them. I figure they'd be a great source of information on who the armed thugs that are currently engaged in a firefight with the military are. They obviously want these two for a reason, one I'm inclined to believe would result in them coming to harm. We however, just want answers. You'd be doing the right thing if you told me anything you knew."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander dropped to his hands and knees and took cover in front of the sofa which he had previously occupied. He could hear the stranger questioning Jarod at the door. Lacking any knowledge of what Jarod would do, he pulled his combat knife from his belt, preparing for the worst.

"Well, I'm becoming popular, aren't I?" he whispered to himself.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod's face converyed no emotion as he took a moment of thought. Should he take responsibilty for the gun shot? Would it be more plausible?

"You guys came rather quick..."

He coughed before speaking again.

"Well, Agent Longden," Jarod said, tucking the business card into his pocket. "I can tell you that it was I who fired the shot."

He stopped for a moment, trying to come up with something. "The buggers were around here, with my children in the house, I suppose I just freaked out. I didn't want them around here, so I snatched my handgun from my safe and fired. It scared them off quite well, I must say." Jarod sighed "I'm afraid that I didn't see where they went. They went running down the street and I ran back into the house."

His accent had popped up again, while occaisionally occurring, it also haunted his less than truthful moments.

"That's about all I know though."

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Raul nodded slowly. He didn't totally trust the man's story, for he'd paused just a bit too long, but he didn't exactly have anything that said that it wasn't the truth either. "I see," he said after a moment. "Understandable as a response, but a bit ...excessive. They aren't a threat, insofar as we've ascertained."

He stopped suddenly, as if hit by sudden realization. "Not from around here, originally, are you? You slipped into a bit of an accent there. English?"
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Nekko could hear muffled speach as he rounded the corner and closed the bathroom door quietly. He took another sip of the coffee and set it down next to the sink. He griped the edge of the sink to lean on. He gazed into his own eyes, tears slowly forming and rolling down his face. The painful memories of the night Telki was killed. Nekko held back a cough that accompanied a loss of control for a split second. His grip became tighter as he fought it off. He thought to his self, 'Come on, be strong. You need to sober up. Focus...focus...' His eyes shot open as his body fought off the effects of the catnip. His appearance was more normal. He inspected himself, 'Dang...my fangs just won't go away.' He thought as he looked in the mirror with his mouth open.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Excellent...a question that Jarod could waste time with.

He purposely forced on the accent. "Yes, it is an English accent indeed. Born and almost, raised in London. My father dragged us over here was I was just a young one."

Jarod took a moment to pretend to be in deep thought. "As for my reaction being a bit...excessive, I suppose you're right. Although, when you've got two children, and there's supposedly people running rouge on your street, things change."

He puckered his lips for a second and inhaled sharply. "That being said, can I do anything else for you?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Raul smiled. "I did say it was an understandable response. I don't exactly expect people who aren't trained for combat to think coolly when there's a threat to themselves or their loved ones," he said, shrugging a bit. "Anyways, I think that'll be all, thanks for your help, and contact me if you see them again."

With that, Raul turned and began to head off in the direction Jarrod had pointed out earlier as the way the two suspects had allegedly gone. Though not very convinced of the veracity of the claim, it was worth checking out.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod hastily shut the door and locked it before turning to Dezander behind the couch.

"I'm pretty sure he'll be back. Where's Nekko?"

Jarod headed down his hallway, turning at the bathroom door. He gently knocked on the door.

"Nekko? You in there? You can come out know. That FBI guy is gone now."

Jarod walked back into the living room and picked up his rubik's cube before speaking to Dezander again.

"So then, what's the next move?"

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander examined over the knife in his hand, then returning it to the belt. He looked over his surroundings with a jumpy gaze.
"Well, the only other option would be to head for the forest, unless you had a boat. In that case, we could go over the lake. Either way, the army, FBI, and Skibur are all going to be looking for us, so we can't stay in the city unless Nekko has a better plan."
He stood up and moved towards the window by the door.
"How'd the FBI know we were here? A little strange, don't you think?" Dezander looked back to Jarod.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I have no bloody idea how the FBI found us."

Jarod paced for a moment. "So know that I helped you guys out, I'm stuck with this too? God, I knew I'd regret this."

He plopped down on the couch with a heavy sigh. He had to do something with the kids, he couldn't take them with him. He'd have to drop them off with Marie, there was no other option. Such thoughts made him shudder, but he knew it was his fault.

"So then, when do we hit the road?"

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander paused, realizing that Jarod still had his weapon. He let a weak grin cover his face.
"Just wondering, but can I have my gun back. It would really help me out, now that we have people trying to kill us and all," he let a sarcastic smile cover his face.
Dezander backed away from the window and moved back to the sofa. He seated himself on the object's cushions and scratched his head in a deep state of thought.
"We should probably head out as soon as Nekko is ready. If we don't, I know pretty well that the military will block off all exits to the city. It's part of emergency procedure," he paused. "We're gonna' have to watch out for that guy outside, though."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod still wasn't sure if he trusted Dezander or not, but if he could, it would be useful to know that he could protect the bunch if need be.

"I suppose I could give you your stuff back, its on the kitchen table right around the corner. Just don't do anything stupid alright? This little ordeal doesn't make us friends."

It wasn't a threat so much. It was more of an insurance policy nad, untrained or not, it showed that Jarod would fight back.

"Alright then, you stay here and watch over Nekko. I gotta do something with the kids."

Jarod walked down the hallway and stopped in the childrens' room. He woke Scout and James and spoke.

"Hey, guys. Daddy's got an important last minute trip he's gotta make. You'll have to stay with Aunt Marie for a little bit."

Scout spoke up. "How long?"

"I...I don't know."

It was the truth, Jarod had no idea how long he had to hide.

"Any other questions?"

Both Scout and James shook their head.

"Alright then, pack your bags, then we'll go."

After a few minutes of waiting, Jarod just grabbed clothes for both of the children and tossed them in a suitcase. He led them down the hallway, shocked that they said nothing about Dezander. He opened the door and coralled them into the car before driving off.

It was only a few minutes to Marie's home, but it felt like a decade. He didn't know what he was going to say.

"Stay in the car, I'll be right back."

Jarod walked up the steps to Marie's porch and knocked on the door. She answered the door, her face not looking too pleased. He chuckled for a moment at how she didn't look like her father, but like her mother instead, with dirty blonde hair and steel grey eyes.

"What is it, Jarod?"

"Marie, you need to take the kids a little early."

"And just why the hell would I do that, Jarod?"

"Because," he looked around, pretending to look frightened as he fabricated a story. "Two intruders broke into my home. They're in the car outside waiting right now. They told me to drop off the kids and then head back. I don't have much of a choice."

If Marie was a tough woman, she was at least gullible. She looked around and almost hid back inside the house as she spotted a red van parked across the street.

She inhaled sharply. "You're telling the truth."

Jarod nodded and raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, I guess I am."

"Alright bring them in, although how long will they be staying?"

"I...I don't know. Until I feel its safe for them to come back."

"Alright."

Jarod walked back down to the car and opened the door, watching the children run up to their Aunt Marie. He smiled as they hugged her, but mouthed to her "They don't know."

She nodded. "Okay, see you later, Jarod."

Jarod headed back down to the car and watched as Marie led the children inside. He started up the car and thought deeply the whole ride home.

Am I doing the right thing? Should I turn and run?

Before he could give it a second though, Jarod pulled up in the drive way and exited the car. He walked back into the house with his hands up.

"Its me, don't shoot!"

He sat back down on the couch.

"Alright then, Dezander. I've got the kids taken care of. I suppose we'll wait for Nekko and head out."

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Dezander was now fumbling with his desert eagle. He was examining over its shining paint and nodding as if entertained by its reflection. Turning his gaze back to Jarod, he shrugged.

"Thanks for trusting me," he paused. "It seems like you can't trust anyone in this city anymore. It's almost like this city is falling apart. The government is terrified of those Skibur guys, and the military knows even less."

Dezander lowered his weapon and locked it into the holster on his belt.

"Well, I guess we just need to wait for Nekko."
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Nekko turned on the cold water and washed his face. He turned off the sink. Picking up his coffee he walked back out. He peaked around the corner. "Is our visitor gone?" He asked as he walked out into the living room. He set the coffee down on the counter. The feeling that they had a plan ran through Nekko's still cloudy mind.
"Let me guess, we're going to run?" He said, leaning against the counter.