Werewolves in love

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolves in love

Post by Ansuru »

Do really you think they'd stick to one side of their natures, or would some "go feral" and run around as a wolf 99% of the time with the She of their choice, making a little pack of true wolves as they go along?
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well, it's been brought up more than once the possibility of a werewolf living as a full wolf, either by choice or as a result of circumstances, but I think whether or not they would go that far with the transition and actually raise a family would depend on three things.

1) If they even physically/biologically could.

2) If lycanthropy has a similar or identical affect on wolves as it does on humans.

3) If there are already feral werewolves out there to live with.

If the first two are true, I think that would severely lessen the odds of a werewolf ever fathering their own feral pack; obviously if they won't reproduce if they can't, and once again taking into account the need for anonymity, it would be in the best interest of the pack to prevent lycanthropy from passing to anyone or anything that might misuse it and/or be unable to control it.

The third, however, could increase those chances. A werewolf in full feral form would still have their human-acquired intelligence and experience, so I figure they would feel more comfortable among wolves that understand them.
Last edited by Terastas on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

i quite agree with both of you. even though i sometimes don't understand what human say half of the time but i know what type of howl and what each means.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

I would have to agree too. It depends on a lot of things but if a werewolf wanted to do that then I do not see where any none problems can occur or interfere. Love is strong but blind.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'd say there might be a bit of resistance on the Wulf's part, especially if the Viroid were sexually transmissable.
Other than that, My guess is that the two people involved would work something out- just like real life.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...