Dark Nation: Discussion, and Character Creation

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Dark Nation: Discussion, and Character Creation

Post by Wolfyn »

ATTENTION!:
This R.P is rated Mature for readers and roleplayers alike.
Use of Crude Language, Blood and Gore, and of Suggessive Themes.
Posting will be done in turn, and shall be decided according to order of their characters creation.
Please post sometime less than forever, thats honestly how rpgs die.
Please consider your r.p pals, when deciding to join. Consider if you can be faithful, and true to them.
And last but not least, let your imagination reek havoc. ^_^

Night Rain Academy:
Night Rain Academy is like your typical everyday American high school. But unlike most it belongs to a group of specialized schools that promote, train, and prepare students who are mythically gifted.
On top of their normal everyday schooling, they receive special classes that are useful in the process of training students to control his or her abilities, and powers to better prepare them for life as adults.
Unlike most American high schools. These schools run 6th to 12th grades. Students are also given their own dorms and are fed accordingly. They are cutaway from the rest of society to keep them from being abused by the majority of humans who don't have Dark Power. This allows for students to freely work on their abilities without hassle, and to prevent any incidents that could be used as fire to persecute the gifted.
Night Rain Academy is unique it is the home of the only Werewolves in the nation. When a Child reaches 5th grade he or she is given a test to see if they have any dark power within them, if so the parents are notified. The parents are allowed to pick where the child goes to school there are 20 schools like Night Rain that host the gifted. These schools compete against each other in sports, and other events that are special to the schools.

Region:
Night Rain Academy is in upper Michigan State it resides in the largest city in the upper peninsula. With a population of 46,000 Vantage Point is located on the shores of Lake Michigan. The region is heavy forested, with lakes, and is probably the most reclusive area of the United States via is mostly likely the reason why the only Werewolves in the concurrent States are located here.

Climate:
Upper Michigan's climate is temperate and receives a lot of snow in the winter due to lake effect snow. In the spring and summer thunderstorms are very abundant and support the vast forests.

Dark Power:
Dark Power was discovered by American Scientists on a patient name Von Schultz. Schultz was a German Emigrant who had fled to the United States to escape capture by the German government. American federal agents promised protection and freedom if he allowed for American scientists to study his abnormality. They discovered that Dark Power was a genetic gene, that was rare amongst the world. That only couples with a recessive form of the gene could produce offspring with the Dominate Trait, or Dark Power. Once discovered, the search was on to locate anyone else with it. They found Witches, when led them to Vampires. The Werewolves made themselves known all on their own. Because the U.S Government promised that the rights of all people born with the gifts were safe. Dark Power is a sort of energy created by the body. This trait increases cell production, which increases healing time, this also makes cells stronger. People with this trait can survive easier then say a normal human. Most humans with this trait have gone all their lives, without knowing the vast power literally flowing in their veins. Studies show that a person under intense emotional stress may unlock their hidden power that runs purely on dark power. Dark Power is like adrenaline, its different because this power can be controlled by thought if trained properly. But use to much and you lose the ability too for your body to protect and heal its self. It also makes you exhausted. Sleep and food replenish Dark Power. When a person is using dark power, their eyes are said to burn, and glow according to their eye color. People with Dark Power have strange characteristics according to eye color. First of all a persons eyes can be different colors. Also there appears to be no limits in the colors the eyes come in. Ranging for Black pupils to Gray. Dark Power as years to master, Junior and Senior are usually the first ones to uncover they hidden power. And the graduation of high school is based on grades and progress in the use of their dark power. Once under control a person can then begin to train with it using it. Concentration and Patience is probably the most the more key aspect of Dark Power. Because emotions and training or the only ways a person and obtain skills other than their born power.

Werewolves:
The Werewolves of Upper Michigan live in packs. There are numerous packs, and are also referred to as clans. They all compete, are among the vampires in class. When they first exposed themselves along with the Vampires, and Witches. The werewolves requested that a school be set up in Upper Michigan so the packs wouldn't have to leave their lands. The Federal Government granted them this for coming out of hiding. Thus Night Rain Academy was born. Werewolves can only turn a human if they have dark power. If not the bite of a werewolf into a real human are deadly. Werewolves are taunt to never bite a human, and to never bite even someone with Dark Power. They don't like bitten werewolves. Werewolves tend to only stay around each other and very rarely will they interact with humans, Werewolves dislike Vampires with a passion. Werewolves have 3 different forms, Human, Half, and Wolf. A trained werewolf can control his or her change, and can change parts of himself without affecting the rest. When in Half form a werewolves eyes burn. But in wolf form they are typical Yellow and Black. Unique to Werewolves is their hair color. A Werewolves hair color tends to mock that of their wolf fur.
Last edited by Wolfyn on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Silence is the soul's answer to hiding away.
Being torn apart by gifts of false hope.
I hear my friends voices within me, yet I can't hear myself.
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Dark Nation: Night Rain Academy
Character Sheets

Name: (first and last)

Sex:

Race: (this is your human race, Example would be (European Caucasian) (Oriental) (Black) (Hispanic) (Native American) (your character can be mixed and if so please go into depth)

Species: (Werewolf, Human, Vampire) (there are no mixes) (being Human just means you only have dark power but that doesn't mean your limited to being that the whole game.)

Height:

Weight:

Eye Color:

Hair Color:

Attire: (explain what type of clothes your character likes to be in.)

Personality: (what are the morals of your character, are they mature, are they talkative, shy, scared, reclusive, impish. Are they dark, sadistic, mentally unstable, hyperactive, Bi polar. Ill-tempered.)

Background: (having a background, defines your character's past. It can explain a lot of the personality of a character, explaining the reasons behind the person. Please go into much depth and put a lot of thought into your character, after all you control this person, in a since, your this character.)

Perks: (its your character, Smart, Fast, Agile, Sneaky, etc.)

Flaw: (anything that is of a disadvantage)
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

I have a few questions:

What and where in Michigan exactly does it primarily take place, and can it take place in other areas as well?
Does a human with a special power have to have Dark Power?
What is the general plot or direction of the R.P.G.?
What year does it take place?

Thanks, in the mean time I will create a general character but make it more specific afterwards.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Question? do you want to make it a whole graduating class? if not, i wouldn't mind playing one of many instructors the pupils will be learning from. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

MrDragon811 wrote:I have a few questions:

What and where in Michigan exactly does it primarily take place, and can it take place in other areas as well?
Does a human with a special power have to have Dark Power?
What is the general plot or direction of the R.P.G.?
What year does it take place?

Thanks, in the mean time I will create a general character but make it more specific afterwards.
if you look on a map, of michigan you will notice a upper pensilca of it completely cut off from the rest of the state.
theres a bridge now that connects the 2 i believe. Vantage Point is a fiction city created after the largest city in my own district.
Dark Power is the energy used to create the......spell, and incantations you see.. and only with proper training from say a witch... (which is a human)
can you learn spells. but your born with a main power. which only is brought out under extreme emotional upheaval. (a example would be..... rage)
so if you want to learn something new, it take concentration and lots of patiences. to learn how to channel your dark power to do your bidding.
The plot of the r.p is pretty broad, very dark. "i don't want to spoil but in the beginning" what do you honestly think the U.S Federal Govt. would do? or would want to do? ^_^ but thats not the main storyline just a taste of the pie. think of a evil you can't even begin to explain! and theres your hint to the next more, darker part.
oh the year i can't believe i actually left that out. the year is 2012.
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:Question? do you want to make it a whole graduating class? if not, i wouldn't mind playing one of many instructors the pupils will be learning from. :)
You know i never actually thought of that. if you would like so you can. but if the r.p is to.. hold and fit together the teacher must be..stay with them after things get greasy. So perhaps some instructors are assigned a handful of students and these groups are lead by the teacher. A means of more... having one on one attention when learning things. So in other words be my guess.
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Thanks, that clears things up for me. I had made a character. Tell if you like it and if he will "fit" in.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Name: Apollinaris "Apollo" Delos

Sex: Male

Race: Greek descent.

Species: Human with pyrokinesis.

Height: 6'

Weight: 175 pounds

Eye Color: Amber(Red) right eye, Blue left eye.

Hair Color: Light Brown/ Blond

Attire: Bright loose fitting clothes. Army camo and/ or casual.

Personality: Creative, curious, easygoing, open minded, and trustful; incomplete.

Background: Born in Flint, Michigan but raised in Detroit until coming to Night Rain Academy. His twin sister Artemis disappeared when he was 10. He has never been a complete person since then. He still feels that she is out there. Growing up was hard for him. Parents died when he was 11. Came to Night Rain Academy when he was 12. Reason being because "odd" things would happen when he was around; fires would start out of nowhere.

Perks: Smart, Fast, Agile, Strong, Fire starter, and when together with his twin his power(s) increase.

Flaw: Lack of having a twin makes him weaker. Also having too many victories blinds him. Not fond of cold temperatures.
Last edited by Defensorem Lupus on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Here is the map of Michigan: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&resnu ... a=N&tab=wl
The bridge is there, is Vantage Point near the bridge or further up north?
-Dr. L. David Mech
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

its on the shores of lake michigan. so it would be set west of the bridge.
btw your character looks good we will begin soon. ^_^
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Name: Lunic Coles

Sex: Male

Race: European Caucasian with some Native American

Species: Human

Height 6'1

Weight 185 Ibs.

Eye Color: Dark Gray

Hair Color: Jet Black

Attire: Hoodies, Rock Shirts, Bracklets, Fishnets, Cargo Pants. (Gothic clothing) (Dark in Origins)

Personality: Reclusive, Distrustful, Sadistic, Curious Deceptional.

Background: Since entering Night Rain Academy Lunic has been hard at work training himself and trying to find his place in this world.
Beaten as a child, Lunic's personality reflects his past. He hates life itself with an almost absolute passion. He has been lefted alone in this world.
And is quickly approaching a world without light. Lunic has the power of Telekinesis though he has no idea. He hasn't been able to reach the level of emotion that his body requires. Though his rage for this world is quickly approaching a level that could make him lose what humanity he has left. He directed some attention into a teacher who can see into his thoughts and literally feel his pain. The teacher also sees his power of Telekinesis and something else. But refuses to tell Lunic. Lunic looks up to his teachers as the only father figure he has ever had. This one person is probably the only thing that is keeping Lunic's unstable and homicidal mind from slipping in Oblivion. The teacher expresses concern, among Lunic's nightmare and what he has seen in Lunic's mind. Something is happening, something in which hasn't occurred in over 200 years.

Perk: Fast, Agile, Intelligent, Strong, Stealthy

Flaws: Lunic is suffering from nightmares in which he can't explain, Something is apparently wrong, and he blacks out at random times. He is actually scared and is terrorified of something he can't control.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

((OOC Do tell me if i need to edit something for the RP))

Name: Frier Mills

Race: Scottish, Norwegian, and Half Mexican

Species: Werewolf

Height: 5'10

Weight: 160 lbs.

Eye color: Sharp blue

Hair type: short. Golden Blond

Attire: Loose fitting blue Jeans, leather belt with full moon belt buckle; white t-shirt under a loose fitting button down shirt, and black semi-formal shoes.

Personality: An easy going guy, loves to teach, natural Leader, and never fights unless in need to do so.

Background: Since the nationwide freedom to surface, Frier has been able to pursue his dream to become an educator, before then, he was hiding in plain site, in the state of Illinois. his life was a bit difficult to keep secret, when the closest human, was right next door, He was born in Chicago, and grew up most his life in the state of Illinois till the day of freedom happened.

Perks: Wise, quick, strong, Honorable, and Silent.

Flaws: Gets irate around closed minds, easily transfixed by chocolate, and tends to be unstable if a loved one or pupil of his is in harms way, or worse.
Last edited by Blue-eyes in the dark on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Blue character is good just i believe since hes a werewolf he needs to be from upper michigan, you can be looking out for the young werewolves in the high school. unless you prefer to be... a loner but then that would cause tension between the packs wolves and yourself. its your character your call ^_^
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Yo! Count me in! :D

Name: Luna Bianca

Sex: Female

Race: European Caucasian

Height: 2.10 M

Weight: 90 KG

Eye Color: Deep Blue

Hair Color: Silver

Attire: Black sleeveless shirt with a very low cut, showing a large portion of her breast. Brown leather jacket. Blue jeans and black sneakers.

Personality: Open, friendly, outgoing, sarcastic (At times), daring, smart, flexible.

Abilities: Celerity, Heightened Senses, Potence, Rapid healing.

Power: Telekiness

Background: Luna does not know much about her past. She only remembers being raised in an orphanage till she was 10 than she was thrown out on to the streets to live on her own. She does not know the reason why until she changes in to a werewolf at the stroke of midnight and when the moon was full. How she got the tattoo was never known to her. But unknown to her, her mother got attacked by a vampire just when she was about to give birth to Luna and after she gave birth to her, her mother died. She never knew who her father was and she will never know. She is now in high school and living in a apartment near the school.

Perks: Calm, Agile, Flexible, Loyal

Flaw: She hates to lie and finds it a hard thing to do. But if she has to, she will.
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
Snay Fell
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Location: Locked in my mind, 1 I cant find the way out, 2 I might hurt others if I do get out.

Post by Snay Fell »

This is going to be fun! i'm aloud in right? :(
Name: Eva Hallyway
Sex: female
Race: Swedish, Native American, and English
Height: 5ft 8in
Weight: 120
Eye Color: green
Hair Color: Brown
Attire: practical cloths, t-shirts with closefitting collars, loose pants with leather belt to keep them up, sneakers. hoodies, and wears mostly blue all the time. bout once a month will wear gray or red.
Personality: doesn't like when people talk nonstop, is quiet and doesn't like to be touched
Background: Her parents were killed when she was little, and she was raised by a clan of werewolves that didn't really care about her. None of them ever tried to be any nicer then they had to be around her, and mostly left her to herself.
Perks: stubborn, defensive, territorial, protective
Flaw: can easily be hurt mentally, deeply afraid of hurting others, not very social.
Part of me is now fire, i'm burning inside. I still ach to be what you want as you increase the flames and listen to my screams. Your voice still rings in my mind as blood flows from my mangled body and falls onto the dead ground around me mixing with my tears of failure.
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Of crouse you are aloud in!^_^ It's free for all! :D Welcome to the r.p!^_^
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
Snay Fell
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Location: Locked in my mind, 1 I cant find the way out, 2 I might hurt others if I do get out.

Post by Snay Fell »

Part of me is now fire, i'm burning inside. I still ach to be what you want as you increase the flames and listen to my screams. Your voice still rings in my mind as blood flows from my mangled body and falls onto the dead ground around me mixing with my tears of failure.
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

alright! we have 5 characters this is good and probably all we need. the beginning of the storyline will be up and running tonight when i get home.
I am closing the doors to the r.p for now, meaning we have enough players. I am closing it because if we get anymore, it will seem like a class project, and it will take forever for us to get going in the storyline. I don't want to upset anyone not outside of the r.p but like Silver Predator Wolf, i am getting sick of having rpgs die because people won't tell us about problems, and reasons y they take a weeks or more to post. btw welcome Snay Fell you character looks good. ^_^
Snay Fell
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Snay Fell »

Thanks wolfyn :D have ya guessed who i am?
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Snay Fell wrote:Thanks wolfyn :D have ya guessed who i am?
hmmmm :| Snay Fell? :lol:
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Snay Fell wrote:Thanks wolfyn :D have ya guessed who i am?
I have no idea Snay Fell, lol ^_^ The Game Thread is up boys, remember if your a werewolf you probably are from the Upper Michigan region. Werewolves tend to stay away from normal humans, so play along with the r.p ^_^. Some of you could come from the same pack if you like. I see no problem in it ^_^. The r.p shall start in the morning before classes start.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

is this turn based? or is this going to be open like the informal R.P.'s? :?
Wolfyn
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfyn »

Turn Based. Mcdragon with go first, then me, then you Blue, then Silver Predator, and then Snay Fell.
(in order of posted Characters that way we all can remember ^_^
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

super fly :D
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Okay, just need a little help: How should I start off? ??
-Dr. L. David Mech