i'm gone

The place for anything at all...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I think we may have touched on that one a few times Matt...

I reckon its a mix of things, boredom, repitition, flaming, over sensitivity, mates leaving, lots of different factors.

I personally enjoy hearing/reading others viewpoints on things but get pissed off when people start getting arsey about things. Theres no need at the end of the day. Its supposed to be a good natured thing this (isn't it?). Also people get slated for starting a topic thats already been covered. I mean, be honest, is there really anything 'were' related that hasn't been covered on here? If people want to discuss something thats alredy been covered, fine, and if someone is bothered by that... well.. just dont join in the thread. Know what i mean? Sorry if this turned into a long one... its just, well this site (I'd like to think) wil survive to see the release of the Freeborn movie, the very thing it was created for. But to survive, it needs to loosen up a bit and get out of its own a** a little..

I have been away for a while, for exactly these reasons. I have come back to have another shot although i don't seem to know many here now. Thats not alltogether a bad thing tho as it just means there is new faces to get to know and (HOPEFULLY) new friends to make. As well as catching up with a few old uns too.... Hows your movie coming along anyways Matt?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Well, that about sums it up. :)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

People change over time, and all of the above departees have left for various reasons best known to themselves. At one time there was something happening here that interested them, now gone; or they had school, or feared becoming an internet addict...as examples.
There are lots of reasons to leave, and none of them involve other people directly; just one person's opinion of them.
Let's go back to the Party anology: Some people drift in, stay awhile, then leave. Is the party at fault, or does that person have somewhere else they want to go? It's as simple as that, or as complex as that; take your pick.
Templar was an interesting person. He will be missed. THE PACK lives on. As some choose to depart, others choose to register and become Pack Members.
That's how it works. THE PACK lives. hwlwnk
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lukas wrote:see ya, goodbye
lets see that makes:
Templar
Vuldrai
Hearth
Vik
Fang
White paw
Z

anyone else i forgot
Silverclaw wrote:Kirk, Vilkacis, Hamster and Anook.

:(
Some may have left unannouced. OR....to busy doing other things.

Xodiac, WolvenOne, TakeWalker, and maybe...Goldenwolf.

Her last post was back in Dec 30th, 2006.
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... 553#129553

It may take several more years before Freeborn hits the big screen. And there could be more Pack members leaving cause they don't want to keep on waiting.

If ABrownrigg is working on "Shamequins" at the moment...you KNOW its impossible to work on Freeborn at the same time. It has to be one....then start on the other.....later on.

Well.....I'm gone as well.

BUT I'll BE BACK TOMORROW!!! :grinp:
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

The difference from other forums could be that more people here like to tell others when they are leaving, just for the sake of letting others know, quite a few people have left though.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Mehehehh ...... nice one fig :evil: :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

MattSullivan wrote:What is it about this place that drives people away?
If i'm gonna be the next one driven away, i would blame all the new teenaged members pretending to be real werewolves and have painfully "werewolf-y" names.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

kitetsu wrote:
If i'm gonna be the next one driven away, i would blame all the new teenaged members pretending to be real werewolves and have painfully "werewolf-y" names.
Well I would fit in the "new teenaged members" category....but I know what you mean. At the WWC the same thing is happening.

To tell you the truth those kinds of shenanigans don't help anybody.

People need to clearly separate *reality* from online RPG. Otherwise it's just damn annoying and they shouldn't be there.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Just dropped by ta tie up some loose ends, and i guess clarify.

Ta all the senior members (Midnight, Lukas, Silverclaw, etc.): you guys made the Pack what it is (or was), but now it's grown stagnant. When the flame wars, the oversensitivity, the redundant or repetitive topics, and the stupid "'i'm a real werewolf" crap (hint, hint, you new people) stops, and AB is finally free ta start work on Freeborn, then maybe i'll be back, an' maybe i'll bring some of the old members with me.

Lupine, you ol' wanker, i'll be on Devart if ya wanna keep touch.

And since you guys decided my last goodby was too offensive, here's a nicer one.

Heheh, abdy-abdy-abdy--That' All, Folks!!
Last edited by Templar on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Poff
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Custom Title

Post by Poff »

Sad to see you leave. You had a nice point.

I am starting to think I am one of those angst filled teens that are poisoning the forum, anyway, I don't post that much to make all these people leave. :P
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

gosh, i wish i knew what i did to push him away. boy i feel like such a jerk now.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

I don't think it was you, Blue. :)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Also, remember not to take it personally; our friend Templar left, and said why, yet he's refrained from implicating anybody. So, unless he's gone into private conversation with you stating that 'you drove me away from the pack blah blah blah', you don't have anything to really worry about, and may be making something of nothing.

However, if you find it in yourself that you might be a source of what drives others out of the group - take a step back and evaluate yourself, and should you decide to change, remember that change takes time, dedication, and it is done in a lot of small steps, not 'I'm gonna change' and POOF, you're a new person.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Sorry! :( :cry: I really am! :cry: :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Not to play the devil's advicate by what do people make such a big deal out of these things? If I need to take a break, I do. I don't post that much, but the truth is, I usually don't have the time as I have to balance present work, taking care of Grandparents, as well as trying to get my writing career launched in full.

I just don't get it. What is the big deal about leaving? Why even post about it? Just go. It isn't like you're going to a whole new country, where nobody can reach you any longer. I'm not going to be so blind as to not notice that there are issues with message board antics, but the fact is that is what happens when you have a free for all membership, and that is going to happen no matter what message board you attend, especially when dealing with Werewolf and otherkin message boards. You have to take to bad with the good, and just hope that the moderators can keep things in line, all the while preserving the fun. The job ain't easy though, so you have to give them some slack.

When Freeborn was conceived and the Pack opened, both projects were relatively new and nobody knew about them, save for a few who saw the trailer and followed Calypso Blue's links to what would become the Pack site. I remember YEARS ago when he posted a link at Werewolf.com, of which I have been a member since 1998...

The best way to avoid annoyance is to ignore annoyance. It is just like going to work. You have good people and stupid people. If you tossed out an entire company because of a few stupids, then you would never have a job. It is life. The ONLY way to have total regulation on a BBS, is to create an invite only, and even then things can still get out of hand. A friend of mine, Skip Press is having a bit of trouble at his Yahoo group, not because he has done anything wrong, or anybody else, but simply that we are dealing with different people, with different styles of humor, as well as lifestyles in general.

If you need to step away, by all means, do so, but in all honestly, it isn't that big a deal. There are a lot more important things in the world that posting on a BBS.... like tossing duckies...

Oh by the way Fig, a couple of your duckies got loose and held up traffic for nearly 10 minutes, while my Mom was on the way home. A momma duck had decided to walk her ducklings across a busy intersection and nobody wanted to drive because they were afraid to hit the ducks. :P

Sorry, now back to your regular broadcasting.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Not you, too!

:knockedout:

I too fear that a lot of our losses of members over the years is that Freeborn, one of the main attractions to this site, remains perpetually in the future. In the mean time, we've talked to death all the basic werewolf issues, so it takes a bit of work to innovate new angles or approaches. That leaves us with general social dynamics. Those of us long-timers knew that over time, as our numbers grew, internal social dynamics would change, and not all of us would be happy with it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

kitetsu wrote:
I don't mind that as much, due to the fact that they don't impress me.

Mostly, the reason I'm not seen posting as often anymore, is because of the repetition of subjects I've already had tons of say in in the past. I'm always looking for new topics though.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora