Finally joining the Pack.

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
GvnDarklighter
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Finally joining the Pack.

Post by GvnDarklighter »

I've already posted a few and thought I should formally introduce myself. I've been an occasional lurker on this board for almost two years now, but I've never been one for internet communities so I kept to myself. But finally, the allure of a group of fellow werewolf-enthusiasts (who aren't generally intolerant and crazy) was too much, so here I am. I've spent some time loosely connected to the furry community but have found the majority of those to be intolerable. Why it took me so long to join a site like this is beyond me.

I have been abnormally interested in werewolves since I can remember; I was having dreams where I was transforming into one when I was three or four. I am interested in exploring the possibility of real werewolves (wherein real = physical transformation), but don't hold much hope that they actually exist. However, like for so many people on this site, finding out that they do exist would be an incredibly validating experience. Keeping an open mind is kind of torturous, but makes everything so much more interesting.

Tangentially relevant to my love for werewolves, I am heading into academia with (hopefully) a specialty in Anglo-Saxon and Early Germanic studies. Thus, werewolf stories interest me on both a personal and historical literary level.

And of course, I really look forward to the movie Freeborn. A werewolf movie that I can actually respect is more than I ever thought I could ask for, and if anyone can do it, it looks like Brownrigg is the man.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Welcome to The Pack! Nice to see another articulate poster around these parts. I too have a strong interest in the Germanic roots of the werewolf legend. See my thread hypothesizing that Beowulf could be a werewolf.

:D
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

'Sup :duckbomb: :duckbomb2: Who's going to do the duckie honors? :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

could you hold onto these for me :ducktoss3: :lol: , glad you could help, I've been carrying those all day. Its good to see a new face, And happy to say :welcome: Hope you have a grand ol time here :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

:welcome: oh, and let me get this drooly... :duckieinmouth: :ducktoss3: :ducktoss3: :ducktoss3: Now, you're a Pack member. :)
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

:welcome: Hope you become really involved and have fun doing it! :howl:  :oo
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
LycanCaly
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by LycanCaly »

hwlwnk I'm new here too...but I'm not one for lurking. But, many "welcomes" from me to you pack-mate!!!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've taken up lurking as of late, and there's really nothing wrong with it. But please, feel free to join on in! Your opinion is really appreciated. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
LycanCaly
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by LycanCaly »

I'll think about it...I hear it's kind of fun :lol:
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Welcome :howl:  :oo

And ditto to that, Berzerker. Articulate posters = good.

Looks like we've got a bit in common, I was a lurker too for quite some time until recently...so you aren't alone in that respect.

I think I first stumbled upon this site back in very late 2005 or the beginning of 2006... pretty much I exclusively consider myself an avid werewolf fan (and a fan of other mythology in general) but at that time some odd dreams and such peaked that particular interest and kinda revived my interest in drawing (which kinda died for a good 5 years). I ALMOST joined the forums in early 2006....but then didn't for some reason, and eventually wound up on another site. I have kinda been kicking myself since I joined, because that decision probably caused me to miss a lot of good stuff here.

I hope you have fun here. :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Glad to see you coming out and joining us. Sure, we make for fun reading, but we're more interesting when, instead of some stranger, the duckie is aimed at you.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
shiftergirl
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: alphness wolf of the moonlit pack

Post by shiftergirl »

welcome to the pack brother. we are all into wolves and werewolves. go post and give some of these crazy people some real advice. :howl:  :oo
When i roar you run, When i purr you laugh, When i cry you weep.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Have some cheese.