typcial werewolf blessing or curse?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

typcial werewolf blessing or curse?

Post by ghostfang »

i failed see how being a werewolf is a curse, you get amazing strength,agility and heighten senses i guess the only setback would be the animal side taking over could be tame through meditation and training.

:)
ImageImage
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: My cross to bare

Post by Night_Hunter »

um

i guess

if you can't have control and you kill your family
or if you black out then wake up finding you just killed dozens of people

or you dont get cool abilities and just painfully change into a man/wolf hybrid

or you dont change and stay hum just have a need for human flesh
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
wolf421
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by wolf421 »

I would find it to be a blessing myself.

later
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

If you lose control from lycanthropy, it would be a curse. Because you would go out and it's a possibility that:
A) You die
B) You make lots of other people die

And in addition to that you have to hide what you are, both to appear sane and to avoid the possibility of being hunted down and killed by those who don't think you're insane - by those who think you're the real deal and that you need to be put down before anyone else gets hurt.

And I doubt any amount of training or meditation would help. It's generally hard to meditate or train when you're out of your mind, and equally hard to apply any training or meditation you might have done in your right frame of mind when you are, again, out of your damned mind.
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

It would probably be how the person would perceive his or herself becoming a werewolf.
I'm sure, during the European Medieval Ages and Reniassance, somone would think of it as a curse (people might now, but back then, it was only because of the witch hunts and most people were highly religious).
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ever seen the movie Powder?

Being different in itself is a curse. Even if you did have all the cool abilities with none of the restrictions, being a werewolf limits your claim to being human.
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

Terastas wrote:Ever seen the movie Powder?

Being different in itself is a curse. Even if you did have all the cool abilities with none of the restrictions, being a werewolf limits your claim to being human.
ill probably go check that out
ImageImage
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Blessing! IMO, werewolves have control. Just imagine how amazing it would be! :shift: :D :D
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

And as has been pointed out before:
Humans do not play well with others. They hoard toys, will not share unless forced to, and will reclaim said toy as soon as supervision is lifted.

Basically, we all tend to be selfish little brats if we think nobody is looking.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Re:

Post by wolfboy410 »

ya but being human sucks so who really cares ??
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Re:

Post by Berserker »

wolfboy410 wrote:

You're kidding, right?
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: typcial werewolf blessing or curse?

Post by Moss27 »

It depends. As always.

Are you talking about a werewolf that retains its human consciousness? Then yes, I'd say it's a blessing. But then you also have to count the fact that you might have to keep it a secret from everybody. That's pretty hard for me, 'cause I'd want to brag to my friends that I could turn into a wolf. :P

If the werewolf is "mindless," then it is a curse. You do not know what you're doing in your wolf form. You might even kill people unintentionally. *shrugs* Then again, you might be the person who doesn't really care about people. XD
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Re:

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Berserker wrote:
wolfboy410 wrote:

You're kidding, right?
No. He's not. Remember that there's quite a lot of misguided would-be human-haters in this board.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Blessing. Even some form of madness is a welcome distraction from the shackles of ignorance and futility.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Just a Username
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Weredingo

Post by Just a Username »

Considering it was a controlled transformation, I say it would be both, leaning towards the blessing side. The curse is it robs you of your normality, which may not be significant at first but the restrictions that you have to take to keep your lycanthropy a secret would be annoying at times.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

LOL what would happen if you didn't kill anyone or anything like that, but instead you just had absolutely no memory of what happened? You get all these amazing abilities but never remember experiencing them. And you're sleep deprived the next day. A minor curse, but one that's still horrible because of the irony. :D
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter

Post by Moss27 »

Kelpten wrote:LOL what would happen if you didn't kill anyone or anything like that, but instead you just had absolutely no memory of what happened? You get all these amazing abilities but never remember experiencing them. And you're sleep deprived the next day. A minor curse, but one that's still horrible because of the irony. :D
Lol, that's very true. Terrible and agonizing. If I was that werewolf, I would be so depressed, and yet I would jump and squeal in excitement whenever I'm about to transform. :lol:
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

You're kidding, right?
He is not. As mentioned there a lot of people who tend to like to b**** about humans then go on to glorify other animal life as if its "better (not saying its worse either.).
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

"Typical" werewolf? No never.

I have a 'list of requirments' that I need before I become a werewolf, and that includes staying conscious through shifting, choosing when I shift, and minimal pain from shifting...

The Hollywood and Mideval werewolves are the complete opposite of what I'd want to become.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Going with both the Freeborn and Wulfen Blood type Werewolves (hidden population types); they're both, as most life forms are.

The Blessing: They are stronger, more vital, healthier, heal quickly, have a handy ability to "RawR" their way out of most problems, and form a sort of "reserve" should the rest of us do something stupid and die off.
The Curse: Everybody assumes that they are ferocious man eaters who are literally demons in the flesh. Hollywood makes awful movies about them, and even worse Computer Animations and costumes.

In short: being a Werewolf is a little bit of both; just like being a Smoothskinned Human. At least Werewolves don't have to deal with telephone solicitations at dinner time... :evil:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

if you lose control...its course

in control its also course why? lets see pros and cons

+ suprhuman powers and Abilities
+ health

- full moon transformation will give you job troubles
- dogs and cats will behave weird around you
- no adrenaline sports or activities
- strong emotion induced changing
- health
- keeping secret
- wolf senses

i would consider it a course but with time it will become blessing
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Kay, so we've all come a long way since the time when all I could say was 'Ever seen Powder?" So I'll answer this again based on what I've presently got.

Being a werewolf is not really a curse. It's a difficult lifestyle, but most werewolves would say it's less of a curse and more of a responsibility.

Becoming a werewolf, on the other hand, is an utter nightmare. Click HERE for more on that.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:Kay, so we've all come a long way since the time when all I could say was 'Ever seen Powder?" So I'll answer this again based on what I've presently got.

Being a werewolf is not really a curse. It's a difficult lifestyle, but most werewolves would say it's less of a curse and more of a responsibility.

Becoming a werewolf, on the other hand, is an utter nightmare. Click HERE for more on that.
i agree with you
divine0210goddess
Custom Title: MoonGoddess
Additional Details: Im actually a good person, just busy with work at times.
Mood: RAR!

Post by divine0210goddess »

For me, maybe being a werewolf would be a blessing...maybe because of the super strength and power that one would acquire 8) . Many sees it as a curse because of the transformation and the hunger. It would be possible that the werewolf could just leave under lock and key in the evening :shift: and then someone could let him or her free...so that he won't harm others rvt . It would be great that the werewolf transform in a way there is a certain thinking :lol: . because most movies claim that the werewolf would not be able to know what is right and wrong...it would be great if the werewolf is able to just have some conscience....somesort like the japanese anime where the werewolf is able to talk and just be some type of fighter.... ?? hwlwnk
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

divine0210goddess wrote:For me, maybe being a werewolf would be a blessing...maybe because of the super strength and power that one would acquire 8) . Many sees it as a curse because of the transformation and the hunger. It would be possible that the werewolf could just leave under lock and key in the evening :shift: and then someone could let him or her free...so that he won't harm others rvt . It would be great that the werewolf transform in a way there is a certain thinking :lol: . because most movies claim that the werewolf would not be able to know what is right and wrong...it would be great if the werewolf is able to just have some conscience....somesort like the japanese anime where the werewolf is able to talk and just be some type of fighter.... ?? hwlwnk
First welcome to the pack divine0210goddess :)

its been about 2 years ago when i posted here so my views have changed now i think it depends on the person witch was bitten some will see it as blessing some will see it as curse.