Making A book

The place for anything at all...

If you could make a story for a combination of books from a group you have been with, would you make it?

yes
40%
no
7%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
53%

Total votes: 15

Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Making A book

Post by Black Claw »

I've been giving a lot of thought on this since i've been here and getting a lot of ideas on my book. And this is probably a good idea or not but what if we each made a little story and combined them with each others to make a book of our little thoughts that everyone else made? Sice there is so many of us, we'll probably have volumes if we wanted. This is for the public to read and it would be copyrighted so no one can say they got the stories for themselves. Not like the story forum on here. It's just an idea, please comment. we could talk about almost anything on there about what we love to talk about on here and have our own imaginary stories of being a werewolf and all that. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Interesting concept. So basically, each pack member writes a short story, and it's compiled into one major book or several? Hmmm... maybe, but right now, i've got my own stuff to work on...
(Same here. Plus, i've been trying to do a few short stories dealing with certain pack members, before writing a major one... But after that, possibly... although i doubt it'll be fair for us to both enter a story.)
Considering we're the same person, just two very... okay just different individuals, yeah i don't think that'll work...
Now whats with that "This is for the public to read and it would be copyrighted so no one can say they got the stories for themselves." Stuff? You kinda confused me... :?

EDIT:
Never mind, i got it. You mean the stories willbe copyrighted to their authors, and not to one single person... Yeah, i'm actually thinking about that now... i need something to jar my mind into acting...
Last edited by WerewolfKeeper3 on Tue May 27, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

You're talking about an Anthology.

Been there. Done that. It's fun, as long as you respect the creative processes in everybody else that's part of the project.

Go for it. :wink: :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

That sounds like a neat idea. :D I say go for it.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

They could be related if we wanted them to be, but that's by their own decision. I wonder how many volumes there would be? :howl:  :oo
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Focus on the first to see if it will work before you move on. Looking at the big picture might make you misstep.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

Yeah, better. :howl:  :oo
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Ya, it'll be like "fragile things" By Neil Gaiman. Oh this could turn out to be something freak en sweet. :o :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

nice comment blue! :howl:  :oo
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'm beginning to think that there is something very good happening here.

There are a number of styles; Round-robin, Central Theme, and Follow me are the the most easy to use.
In Round-robin, each writer contributes a story in an agreed-on sequence of events...like "Thieves World".
The Central Theme system uses a central theme (duh) as the base for the stories, and each writer chooses his or her character out of that central story, and writes a short story about that character as they play in the central theme...Mercedes Lackey used this form for her Valdemar spinoffs before she abandoned the venue.
Follow Me is a system where a chain of events is broken into segments and each writer takes a segment to write about. This requires a consensus of who the characters are, what they do, and what happens as a result...the "Grantville Gazette" and the "Ram Rebellion" are examples of this.
It's fun, and you don't commit to anything other than a story or two. It's also easy to do; since you can play characters off each other, like a MROPG, only in story form.
Give it a try! :o
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...