uh...yeah. Help?

The place for anything at all...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

uh...yeah. Help?

Post by Howlitzer »

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what these creatures are?

there's about 5 on my walls right now, likely many more that I haven't noticed, periodically scampering across my desk and floor...and over my bare feet...some of which are as much as a few inches long..... and I can HEAR them *shivvers* .... :scream:

honestly I'm not going to be able to sleep in this room tonight with them crawling around everywhere. :shudder: :blink:
Last edited by Howlitzer on Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Hmmm, the Wiki says they're useful, in that they eat nasties like roaches, silverfish, spiders, and the like.
Useful or not, they're gross. Not very tasty, either. :lol:

Either ignore them or get some residual bug spray and spray the walls like the directions say.
First, though, consider: what the hell are they eating? They go after food in bug form, so that may mean you have bugs... :(

If one crawls across your toes, hit it with a hammer (not while it's on your toe, though). Gauranteed, that centipede won't crawl over your toes again. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

If one of those crawled across my floor or anywhere in my room, you could probably hear me yelling all the way in Kentucky. I do not like bugs.

But it looks like a centipedespider. Go stand on a chair again.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

:o Holy s***!

I've seen one of those suckers running across our family room a few times; I think it lives in the bricks of our fireplace...Terror ensues each time it comes out.

Awful, awful things. :shudder: :whimper: They move so fast, I almost have a heart attack each time I see one :P

I hate bugs. Especially those things.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o EEEwwwwwwwwww. that is so gross and creepy looking, I hope I never see any of those near my house. :scream:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Like RedEye said, if they eat bugs, having those things around might be a good thing, in that they control those populations, and a bad thing, in that you deffinately need to find where their food source is... Ugh! I hate any posionous inscet because... i don't want to die... Spiders i hear are also helpful when it comes to bug catching, but i hate spiders... one gets near me... you'd probably hear me where ever you are right now... Not to mention, we had three or hour Huge ones in our house last summer. And i'm talking about the size of quater or fifty cents piece... My uh... my mom had to kill them... i'm a weakling, what do you expect?

Anyway, i'd sleep somewhere else until you find out what's going on... after all, if those things are killing bedbugs and/or termites, you might not want to get rid of them so soon...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

uhhh, this is why I hate forcing my problems on others. i just realized, I haven't looked at anything but that "help..." page. I'm sorry, howlitzer. But, they are right, See, it has large mandables. It means it will, mostly, eat bugs. Possibly the small rat, depending on the species and size. And I hate it for you, true, I wouldn't killl them because they help you, but you won't get rid of them, at all. If you live in an apartment, they are most likely in the neighbors house, too. After the poison wears off, they're back. if you are in your own house, they are most likely outside, too. They could come back in. See, it's antennae is long so it can feel through the dark and hidden. Just get used to them.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

god, i used to see handfuls of them scurry out of the workout mats in Gym when i was in high school. ug, i wonder if people hate werewolves for the same creepiness. hmm, wait a sec, that kind of made some sense. course, i think everyone knew that.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

one of those things scurried over my desk last night...you reminded me...i had to scrap my rock candy off... :(
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

RedEye wrote:Hmmm, the Wiki says they're useful, in that they eat nasties like roaches, silverfish, spiders, and the like.
Useful or not, they're gross. Not very tasty, either. :lol:

Either ignore them or get some residual bug spray and spray the walls like the directions say.
First, though, consider: what the hell are they eating? They go after food in bug form, so that may mean you have bugs... :(

If one crawls across your toes, hit it with a hammer (not while it's on your toe, though). Gauranteed, that centipede won't crawl over your toes again. :wink:
Useful or not, having them means you also have a food source for them...nasties like roaches, silverfish, spiders and the like. Time to call the Orkin man!
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Wise
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: The Laughing Wolf

Post by Wise »

I have to honestly say that there are only two types of bug that REALLY creep me out, roaches and spiders. :oops:
"Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on" - unknown
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Yeah, these guys are creepy...but pretty common. We used to have a TON of them in our old unfurnished basement. They give me the heebie jeebies. :shudder:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend