GTA 4 the hot slut that everyone wants to bone... errr play!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I had some of my greatest moments in video gaming with Halo 2, I had my first Lan Party with it and it was an incredible experience, I also played a lot online with friends on split screen and being a team and working with each other like squads, I even use to go to a friends house with a bunch of others to play Halo 2 after school almost everyday of my sophmore year. And also I fell in love with the Arbiter character and the fact you could play as an elite was awesome, so overall Halo 2 is my favorite of the series, in fact its one of my favorite games of all times because the experience I had with the game when playing with others.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:Yeah, but i love halo to the point where it actually bothers me to hear people just belittle it with out any real reason.
We're not belittling it -- we just don't get what makes it that special. We're not rabid fanboys like you are; is that so wrong?

And if you're going to berate us for slamming Halo "without any real reason," do some fact-checking before you decide to slam GTA. GTA3 made the giant leap from a cheesy 2-D game to an expansive 3-D game.

Vice City was the first in the series to include motorcycles, airplanes and helicopters, expanded the list of weapons from 10 to 35, and included the addition of purchasable "assets."

San Andreas expanded even further, adding bicycles, quad bikes, trains, hovercrafts, hell, even a combine harvester and a street sweeper, and on top of that, provided a system for which players could custom modify their vehicles, did away with the "outfits" and made the protagonist fully customizable from his hair, clothes, tattoos all the way down to his wristwatch, added several stat bars concerning the protagonist's skill and body type, included territory and gang warfare to the gaming process, gave players the ability to swim, climb and dual-wield weapons, the list goes on!

My point is that if you don't like people slamming Halo for things that you consider unfounded, don't turn around and do the same to the game this thread was originally supposed to be about.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Re: GTA 4 the hot slut that everyone wants to bone... errr p

Post by Dreamer »

Anubis wrote:Forgive the title but i felt it best describes the game.

Every one slams this game, mostly people who have never played it, these are the girls. The gamers who love and/or obsessed with the game, these are the guys.

GTA 4 is the hot slut. The guys are fascinated and keep coming back for more, and the girls trash talk the slut at every chance that arrives.

I'm sorry but i had to say it!

I never really played GTA until i bought the latest game today for my Bday.

all i have to say...

GTA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!

Even though i played only a couple of hours so far, I am blown away!

I love the characters, game play, the real life New York feel the liberty city has taken, and not to mention the sheer amount of satire! Which is every where on the radio, on the TV! burning no TORCHING!!! everything that is stupid about our culture and society! Oh man!

It ain't no halo, but damn it's a close second!
Well, that post definitely told me a lot about your taste in women. :lol:
XIV
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote: I haven't in this thread I didn't say anything to criticize GTA.

Untill now

In reality GTA hasn't been all too innovative as well. Yeah rock star made a new genre, but what they have done to build upon that? All they have done was polish the game play, and change the story and scenery. That's IT!!
Like anyone said GTA was innovative to begin with? Aside from it's creation of sandbox games based on it's sort of gameplay, that is the sole innovative thing it did.

GTA just does like Halo does. Take exist things, polish, release game.

Which is probably why both games have rabid mobs of fanboys.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Terastas wrote:
Anubis wrote:Yeah, but i love halo to the point where it actually bothers me to hear people just belittle it with out any real reason.
We're not belittling it -- we just don't get what makes it that special. We're not rabid fanboys like you are; is that so wrong?

And if you're going to berate us for slamming Halo "without any real reason," do some fact-checking before you decide to slam GTA. GTA3 made the giant leap from a cheesy 2-D game to an expansive 3-D game.

Vice City was the first in the series to include motorcycles, airplanes and helicopters, expanded the list of weapons from 10 to 35, and included the addition of purchasable "assets."

San Andreas expanded even further, adding bicycles, quad bikes, trains, hovercrafts, hell, even a combine harvester and a street sweeper, and on top of that, provided a system for which players could custom modify their vehicles, did away with the "outfits" and made the protagonist fully customizable from his hair, clothes, tattoos all the way down to his wristwatch, added several stat bars concerning the protagonist's skill and body type, included territory and gang warfare to the gaming process, gave players the ability to swim, climb and dual-wield weapons, the list goes on!

My point is that if you don't like people slamming Halo for things that you consider unfounded, don't turn around and do the same to the game this thread was originally supposed to be about.
We'll you guys did start slaming halo in a GTA thread. I felt like giving you little taste of what you guys are dishing out feels like.

And those are no innovations... they are IMPROVEMENTS! like most games developers do for a sequel. I can do the same thing for the halo franchise.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:We'll you guys did start slaming halo in a GTA thread. I felt like giving you little taste of what you guys are dishing out feels like.
You brought Halo into this right in the topic starter. You said GTA "aint no Halo," and we said "you're right, it's better than Halo." All you got was a response to your original topic starter.
And those are no innovations... they are IMPROVEMENTS! like most games developers do for a sequel. I can do the same thing for the halo franchise.
Anubis wrote:All they have done was polish the game play, and change the story and scenery. That's IT!!
My point was that they did a hell of a lot more than just polish the game play and change the story and scenery.

Honestly, up until now, the only thing I seriously had against Halo was my opinion that Master Chief is a really stupid name. Now I can't fathom ever trying Halo again if only because of the rabid hatred for all non-Halo games it seems to inspire into all of its players.

If you can't stand anyone knocking Halo, my recommendation for the future would be to never mention Halo ever again.

And if you can't talk about any video game without knocking it for not being Halo, my recommendation for the future would be to never talk about any video game ever again.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

OMFG!!!

I only said it, because it was my opinion. I don't have any "hatred" for games out side of halo. I was just defending it!

DAMN IT!!

This thread was supposed to be about Grand Theft Auto 4!! It turned to i hate halo, I like like halo flame thread.

Over what..... One stupid little comment! You guys couldn't let one little comment alone! Yeah, i was partly to blame for this mess as well. But my fanaticism about halo just didn't like it when somebody just starts beating on it nonchalant like off topic like. especially when their arguments are unfounded. Did you guys ever really play halo? (i mean more than a few sitdowns)

Right when i was started to "come back" and become a little more active. this s*** happens...

I start a thread, somehow something i said is missconstrude, we fight, and in the end were all are unhappy and/or i end up looking like the bad guy.

This tread should be burned... heck maybe my account with it because i'm personally sick worrying about every word i say may end up flying in my face.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Anubis, before you got all bent out of shape and posted your six "Impacts" that Halo has made (and you lectured me for listing improvements instead of innovations), the only real stabs anyone took at Halo were in terms of video game sales. Then you started flaming and we responded.

Really, looking back on this thread, I don't see anyone that looks upset about any of the potshots you took at GTA. You're the only one using abbreviated swears like OMFG, you're the only one SHOUTING, you're the only one giving any indication of being upset in any way shape or form.

And over what? A thread that you started and a comparison between two games that you made before anyone else.

Honestly Anubis, if it bothers you that much when people say anything negative about Halo, why did you bring it up?

If this thread is that aggravating to you, then why do you keep coming back to it?

And if you're seriously considering requesting an admin delete your entire Pack account just because of this stupid little thread, forget just leaving the Pack, you might want to consider refraining from any contact with the outside world as a whole. Halo and GTA are two of the largest gaming franchises in the world right now; you will run into people that have opinions on the two of them again.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

After all they are both only games...

Personally I couldn't stand Halo, but then again, I'm not good at shooters at all, plus I got sick and tired of getting crushed by 12-year-olds with sailor speech. It was like a gang cursing Reepicheeps... I returned the game a week after I bought it.

GTA4... I have to admit I've never payed much attention to this series (other than the contraversey that follows each release... gotta love Jack Thompson...:P) at least until this game... I might get it down the road, but not now... I've never been a big gangsta game player... not that I don't think they are fun, just not my cup of tea...

Now... Mass Effect... now THAT is a game for way... Hot blue chics!!!! With telepathic powers!!!! \BOOM!/
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Okay what ever,

This fight is bull s***, this whole thread is bull s***! I'm just sick of the fighting with people who can't get it in their thick skulls. It wasn't a comparision! It was just my damn opinion, and just shut up about!

somebody plz lock this thread or better yet delete it!

PS.

It's not just this thread it was the countless others that the meaning of my post(s) get misconstrued. In the end I end up with egg in my face! seriously i don't get why i keep coming here!

I swear I only come across this problem here.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:I swear I only come across this problem here.
I find that very hard to believe. Seriously Anubis, like others have said, it's just a game. You really had to go out of your way to get offended by what was posted here. It's not always about you, OK?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I cant help but to kinda agree with Anubis, everytime he says hes statements or opinions everyone gets on him (with their own opinions) more so than most other members. Don't preach too much about how wrong he is, it's no wonder why we are loosing members :roll:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

You hit the nail right on its heard shadow, but also

I admit I took this argument farther than it needed to go.

It started by several posts saying "well halo is not that great of a game", and it wasn't all to innovative dismissing halo as just some shooter. As a die hard fan i felt that you guys were missing the point, and i felt halo deserved a little recognition.

I first started out trying to point out why halo deserved it. Than you guys shot down everything i tried to point out. Then our argument turned from why halo it did or did not deserve the recognition as a great game into who is right. In my bull headedness kept it going.

You guys are entittled to your opinions as do I. But i can't help think that when i make an opinion, say something, or point something ouy. usually i get bombarded on how "wrong" I am.
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Terastas wrote: Honestly, up until now, the only thing I seriously had against Halo was my opinion that Master Chief is a really stupid name. Now I can't fathom ever trying Halo again if only because of the rabid hatred for all non-Halo games it seems to inspire into all of its players.
It's a military rank, so you'd have to take up it's silliness with them. Personally, I think it sounds fine. It's no worse than Master Sergeant.

*shrug*
Anubis wrote:Did you guys ever really play halo? (i mean more than a few sitdowns)
Yes.

I've even started playing Marathon. It's spiritual ancestor. The shooter that Bungie made before Halo.

They're very alike, Marathon and Halo. Your dude wears green armor (as far as I can tell by my hands...), crew members of the ship wear color-coded jumpsuits like the dudes on the Pillar of Autumn did, there's a bunch of different aliens, there's AIs, etc.

Oh and the pistol is God in Marathon. Just like Halo 1.
Anubis wrote:You hit the nail right on its heard shadow, but also

I admit I took this argument farther than it needed to go.

It started by several posts saying "well halo is not that great of a game", and it wasn't all to innovative dismissing halo as just some shooter. As a die hard fan i felt that you guys were missing the point, and i felt halo deserved a little recognition.

I first started out trying to point out why halo deserved it. Than you guys shot down everything i tried to point out. Then our argument turned from why halo it did or did not deserve the recognition as a great game into who is right. In my bull headedness kept it going.

You guys are entittled to your opinions as do I. But i can't help think that when i make an opinion, say something, or point something ouy. usually i get bombarded on how "wrong" I am.
I never said you were wrong. No one did. It's all been opinions.

It's not an argument. It's called a debate. And as far as I can tell, you're the only one who seems to be getting bent out of shape about it for some reason. Just chill, man.

Things would be seven shades of boring if the entire thread was agreeing. That's why debates are nice.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

sigh

You know what, guys, i take a lot of stabs at FPSs and most WoW MMOs, and that's because I'm practically the ONLY one in this place who prefers to play games like Dodonpachi and Aliens VS Predator. So by this thread's standards, it's a miracle i haven't so much as sneezed at Crysis for technically failing the next-gen visual criterias.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

This is why I bailed out on the conversation early. I sensed people getting overly sensitive about opinions. Now its just derailed and turned into a who's attacking who thread. Locked.

If anyone wishes to argue why this should be reopened, PM me. I only predict this thread going from bad to worse from here.

My conclusion...
If someone says you're wrong, listen to their side of the argument, and look for point to compromise with that will further the debate with some progress. If you can't find any agreement, a simple "we dont see eye to eye" will suffice, because the conversation wont get anywhere with two sides that wont budge.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora