3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
6%

Total votes: 18

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote:Vuldari, about the water drinking thing: Oh! I get it now. That's actually really neat!

Whenever I find prints left from critters in my area, such as deer hooves or raccoon paws, I always lay my hand down on them. I suppose the basic feeling underneath both acts is the same.
You say that like this "Drinking From a Wolfs PawPrint" thing is something I just made up myself. You have been here a long time ... you should know that is one of the most widely known myths about how one (supposedly) can BECOME a Werewolf. [Aside from being Bitten by one, that is]

Honestly though, I've heard the "Make a Plaster Cast" suggestion multiple times in the past whenever the subject came up, and I don't understand why ANYONE thinks that would be an equivalent substitute.

IF there were anything to the Myth, (for arguments sake), it would have to be one of two things:

1. There is some sort of mystical aura left behind by the animal which is retained in the water that pools in the depression or there is some otherworldly supernatural significance to the ritual act itself which binds the drinker to the animals form, (though only specifically Wolves, for some reason).

2. There is actually some PHYSICAL residue left behind in the tracks of the Animal (the Theoretical "Lycanthropic Contagion"), that is dissolved in the water in a form that can be absorbed by a human that drinks it, and is subsequently "infected" by it.

It does not seem even the LEAST bit logical to me that a Plaster cast made in the shape of the Print would retain ANY of the theoretical elements necessary to have any effect (biological residue, or supernatural aura)... if it were anything more than just an old Folk Tale, that is.

All it would be is a hunk of plaster molded in the shape of a Paw Print, and would be no more supernaturally significant than if one had just molded the print themself, in the artistic equivilant of a Wolf's paw. The shape of the container is not the key factor, IMHO.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

It's pretty hard to tell...but going by the tail, I think that canid has some coyote in his ancestry. Wolves tails are not so fluffy-or as long as image #3.
So, Coyote tricked you. That means he likes you. Be patient, and he may teach you a few things.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Ask a Plains Indian. Coyote is the benevolent (mostly) trickster who teaches people cunning and cleverness.

And keep up the Vitamin C, it's good for you in other ways than fighting off disease.
Glad you're back!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

RedEye wrote:It's pretty hard to tell...but going by the tail, I think that canid has some coyote in his ancestry. Wolves tails are not so fluffy-or as long as image #3.
So, Coyote tricked you. That means he likes you. Be patient, and he may teach you a few things.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Ask a Plains Indian. Coyote is the benevolent (mostly) trickster who teaches people cunning and cleverness.

And keep up the Vitamin C, it's good for you in other ways than fighting off disease.
Glad you're back!
Darn that Coyote ... messing with My Head again. Image

(The first time I saw a Wild Coyote, in my backyard back in Minnesota, I thought it was a Gigantic Silver Fox until It came closer out of the trees and I saw it more clearly.)

If the Trickster likes me ... it's only because he enjoys seeing how much I freak out every time he messes with me.

I actually used to have a series of odd dreams where I would turn into a Coyote-like animal for no apparent reason, and I would be forced to try to figure out what to do about it, wandering around on all fours without the ability to speak or tell anyone who I was.

... I miss those dreams actually ... I haven't had one of those since I was about 10 years old, but I still remember them, vaguely.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

hm, any other coyote encounters vuldari?
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:hm, any other coyote encounters vuldari?
... Just the Juvenile that decided to scout out the Grant Village area here a few Days ago.

... They're Following Me ...

=^.^'= ~
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Oh well. Hope you dont mind turning into a were-coyote every month now :wink:

Close enough :P lol

Still cool to see so much wildlife :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Silverclaw wrote:Oh well. Hope you dont mind turning into a were-coyote every month now :wink:
LOL ... I'm pretty sure it supposedly only works with wolves (as the Mythology goes) ... besides ... I didn't do it right.

The whole thing was just those darn tricky Coyotes messing with me again.

The Trickster strikes again ... and once again, I am left feeling the fool. Image

=^.^'= ~
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Vuldari wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Oh well. Hope you dont mind turning into a were-coyote every month now :wink:
LOL ... I'm pretty sure it supposedly only works with wolves (as the Mythology goes) ... besides ... I didn't do it right.

The whole thing was just those darn tricky Coyotes messing with me again.

The Trickster strikes again ... and once again, I am left feeling the fool. Image
Why do you think some Native Americans d Coyote the trickster, and turned him into a bumbling clown that causes trouble, but is still respected... Look at it this way: maybe you're already massive intellect will get a massive boost from this. :D
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:Why do you think some Native Americans d Coyote the trickster, and turned him into a bumbling clown that causes trouble, but is still respected... Look at it this way: maybe you're already massive intellect will get a massive boost from this. :D
What? ... Image

*Runs Text through auto-translator*

*Beep ... Beep ... Boop* *New Text spits out of machine*

Why do you think the Native Americans tell stories about the Mystical Animal Spirit "Coyote the Trickster" as if he were a bumbling clown and trouble maker, but still respect him? ... maybe it is because the humility of being fooled once only serves to make one smarter, warier and more clever as a result, as one will surely strive to wizen themselves in order to avoid being fooled a second time.
Is that about right?

Anyway ... I guess to a certain extent that is true. From now on, I will be much more careful and not so hasty about declaring an animal a Wolf or a Coyote until I have gotten a better look at it, and now I know that Coyotes can get a little bit bigger and more muscular than I previously thought.

(BTW ... as much as I appreciate it ... just ask anyone here who knows me, and they will tell you that the LAST thing I need is to have my Ego Stroked. "...Massive Intellect..." Image)

=^.^'= ~
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Vuldari wrote:
Lukas wrote:hm, any other coyote encounters vuldari?
... Just the Juvenile that decided to scout out the Grant Village area here a few Days ago.

... They're Following Me ...
Then it is true.
Vuldari, you have become the leader of the Yellowstone werecoyotes... :lol:

Next time, check what paw print you're eating... otherwise, you might become a hybrid... :D
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

I just had a interesting thought, the coyote is the trickster in Native American culture, but isn't the fox the trickster of the Asian mythology? think about it at night when sleeping, its a clash of the tricksters :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:I just had a interesting thought, the coyote is the trickster in Native American culture, but isn't the fox the trickster of the Asian mythology? think about it at night when sleeping, its a clash of the tricksters :P
Once again it is subtly suggested that I am some sort of Kitsune ...

If that's the case, in this battle of the Tricksters, Coyote has a HUGE lead over the Fox so far. Image (But then ... this IS his home turf after all.)

But wait ... If I'm a Kitsune, shouldn't I have magic powers or something? ... or at least be Asian? Image

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

i know you don't intentional imply your a kitsune but i know you had meddled in the subject and your fascination with foxes served my purpose well :P
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Not to worry, Vuldari; if you are a kitsune and that fact has slipped your mind; just keep on the way you're going.

You're doing pretty well from out here... :)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...