Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: The Mysterious One

Ducks on the Dan!

Post by Alias »

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

:jawdrop: FIGAROU! Yo, FIGAROU! Where the heck is that wolf? He needs to see this one...
(PM him. Might answer...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Alias
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alias »

LOL!
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Seriously, he is obssessed witht he Duckies... well, i think he is... maybe he's just playing around or something...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:Seriously, he is obssessed witht he Duckies... well, i think he is... maybe he's just playing around or something...
Of course I'm playing around. Where else can I virtually toss duckies at people and get away with it.

:jester:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:Seriously, he is obssessed witht he Duckies... well, i think he is... maybe he's just playing around or something...
Of course I'm playing around. Where else can I virtually toss duckies at people and get away with it.

:jester:
(Your dreams...)
Montana?
(Delaware?)
A movie theatre?

(Should we stop?)
yeah, probably... :D
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I've heard about these things...they are used to raise money where Lotteries aren't legal.
You adopt a duck (numbered) and if it drifts across the "finish line" first, you win a prize of some sort.
How this avoids being gambling is beyond me, but that's how it works.

I can see in my mind a certain cutoff-clad Werewolf paddling out from the shore with a net; screaming, "Mine, all Mine!" :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Alias
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alias »

RedEye wrote:I've heard about these things...they are used to raise money where Lotteries aren't legal.
You adopt a duck (numbered) and if it drifts across the "finish line" first, you win a prize of some sort.
How this avoids being gambling is beyond me, but that's how it works.
Yup, but I really don't think this was intended to "avoid gambling." In our case, the funding from this charity is supposed to be used to help restore the downtown area, and save historic buildings there. But don't get me wrong, there were 26 prize winners in total, the highest being $5000; so I'm sure someone out there adopted a duck just for the money.

Anyway, I think their already planning out a 2009 event since this one was such a success.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

They do it a ot in Elgin, Illinois. Fig if your lucky you'll be able to catch it. :D it's great fun.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

They've done that here a few times. I just wonder what they do with the duckies after the race?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Spiritbw wrote:They've done that here a few times. I just wonder what they do with the duckies after the race?
I'm not certain, but I've heard rumors of a certain cutoff clad Werewolf, an empty Exxon tanker, and cries of "Mine! Get your own!"

But then those are only rumors... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

Ah, to be able to draw well enough to reproduce characters for comic strips. The mental images I get from that would be hilarious. :lol: