1968 (Game Thread)

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

1968 (Game Thread)

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

Date: Feb. 29, 1968

News:
"Yesterday one of the Ex-The Teenagers singer Frankie Lymon is found dead from a heroin overdose in Harlem. The Vietnam War escalates and the Civil Rights movement continues."

"But before we go on about that we have journalist and reporter Cary Huntington with us today to talk about an extraordinary video he captured with his motion picture camera and here is!"
"Hello there", Cary said, "thank you for having me again!"
"No thank you", the reporter said, "there has been much controversy over the pictures and video you have captured. What do have to say that?"
"Well", Cary started, "All I have to say is that the supernatural exists and I have better proof this time!"
"Well lets look at the extraordinary video", the reporter said.

On the TV is a pretty clear image of a naked person running through the woods. The person stops and goes on all fours. Right before their eyes the person changes shape into one that looks more canine or lupine. Then the person or wolf looks towards the person filming and the video stops.

"Wow", the reporter said, "this real?"
"As real as real can get", Cary said.
"Well ladies and gentlemen there we have", the reporter said, "proof that the supernatural exists, what do you plan to do?"
"I am going to . . ."

News stops on all TVs.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Date: Feb. 29, 1968

The power went out in the newsroom just as Cary was about to answer. Not again, Cary thought to himself. The emergency lights went on and Cary saw a mass of security guards head for the doors. In all of the chaos of trying to put the power back on Cary snuck out of the building.

When Cary got to the parking lot he took out his Colt Diamondback and loaded it. As he walked towards the car he kept the revolver ready to shot. He approached his 1967 Camaro. He got in, started it, and drove away.

Cary was driving on I-95 heading home. He was driving really fast but yet someone caught up to him. They were driving a 1967 Ford F-100. They rear ended Cary causing him to spin out. Then they rammed his car into the median. As Cary was about to pass out he saw a sign that said: Welcome to Savage Park!
The last place I want to be, he thought as everything went dark.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

Taren walked from his post high in the trees deciding to take the day off seeing how observing the wild is a hard job with being part animal himself. He heard what had happened within the humans terrain but that didn't concern him. He from what he heard was a crash within the park. Taren threw down his camera and bent on all fours and ran to see what happened. He arrived to the crash site but no driver "Hmmmmm.....I wonder what had happened to the driver." Taren wondered to himself.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Keith Kristofferson balanced noodling on his guitar with watching the news. The current story disgusted him and he snorted with contempt when the fanatic on the television tried to present proof that "Supernatural beings" exist. They did infact exist, he was one himself, although he kept it secret.

He angrily set down the guitar after the largest string, tuned to the note of 'E', snapped and left a welt on his wrist, so far today things had not fared well. He had a gig at a small club which went horribly awry, he had another gig tomorrow which he was in the middle of practicing for, and now one of his guitar strings broke and he did not have a spare.

"Better get some air," he said to no one particular "need new strings anyway."

Keith flicked off the television and headed outside, hopping into his black 1967 Ford Mustang. He started up the car, heading for the I-95, toward the nearest guitar shop, praying it would be open.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Anthony left his television on while he is disassembling his personal Remington 1100 shotgun as for cleaning. The Vietnam war story was very annoying to him as he had watch it almost everyday during the past few years. Just when he puts down the barrel and is about to reach for the channel knob. The story changed, involving supernatural manifestation caught on tape. He backs away, grab the chair, sits down and watched the news. But then the channel went blank and caused a big annoyance for him.

"Ain't there no rights for the spectators? Man, It was just getting interesting..." Anthony mumbled, reaching for the TV power button and shut it off before he continues to clean his gun.

Just after he had finished the cleanup. His stomach grumbles, a result of hunger. "Aw, damn. Guess I'll need something to eat, Also better head into DC. See what's going on." He thought and quickly assembles the shotgun and load up the shells.

He rushed for his 1966 Cadillac Eldorado convertible and puts the shotgun down besides the seat, starts up the engine and dash for the Capital Beltway/I-495, where it also connects to the I-95.
Literally fading away...
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Cary woke up facing down on asphalt, his body was very tense and stiff. When he was able to move he saw that his Camaro was no where in sight; he was in the middle of the freeway. Luckily there are not any cars, Cary thought to himself. As he lay there still trying to move he caught movement from the corner of his eye; he saw a white hooded and robed figure running away. Not them again, Cary thought, why does the . . . , Cary's thought was interrupted from the skidding of tires on the road. He was able to roll over enough to see that a car was inches from his body. Cary lay there as the driver stepped out of his black 1967 Ford Mustang to check up on him.
-Dr. L. David Mech
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Holy s***, how'd you wind up here?" Keith asked, more to himself than anyone else

He sat back on his haunches, looking at the man; he wasn't quite sure if he should move him, although he couldn't leave him out in the middle of the highway either.

God, what am I supposed to do? I gotta do something...

Keith dashed back over to his Mustang, fast back unfortunately, and got in. He drove a bit closer, as to keep the man from moving more than he had to. He pulled up, opened the passenger door, and began helping the man over. After quite a struggle, Keith managed to get him in the car. He shut the door and drove the car to the side of the road.

After shutting of the engine, he turned to the injured man, recognizing his face.

"Oh my God, you're Cary Huntington." Keith stopped, this man was the enemy, but he didn't deserve to lay in the middle of the highway either "Look man, I'll take you to the hospital, but I gotta know why you were lying in the middle of the road, by the looks of it, you sure as hell didn't spin out of control."

Keith removed the head band he had put on his head, after neatening his hair, he replaced it. He started up the engine after getting no response from the man, his heart sinking as soon as he looked at the fuel guage, the needle hovered over empty.

"There's no way my luck is that bad."

Letting off the clutch and taking off Keith smiled to himself, he figured the gauge had just crapped out, however, the car soon sputtered and died.

"You're kidding me..." Keith smacked the steering wheel with his hands, he had only two options. He could run off to get fuel, but he had no idea how badly the man needed medical attention, or wait for somebody to pass by. After thinking for a moment, he sat back in his seat, he'd wait; he was on I-95, somebody had to pass by, they just had to.
Last edited by darkest wolf on Mon May 19, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

With low traffic congestion and favorable road condition. Anthony cruises down the interstate in the Cadillac Eldorado convertible with the top down at around 65mph. But till the traffic started backing up on the I-495, He decided to take an route to I-95 as soon as he had reach the highway divider to prevent himself getting into the jam pack.

Traffic is exceptional on the I-95. Anthony gets a slight need for speed. He pressed the gas harder, cranking up to around 80mph. But then he met an unpleasant surprise, where a Mustang was broken down on the same lane that he is driving.

To avoid collision and serious injury with a sudden action, Anthony stomped on the brakes and switches to another lane, leaving skid marks and trails of smoke. The thrilling event did not last long, In the matter of seconds, he managed to bring his vehicle to a complete stop without any damage to his own vehicle including the bystanders.

"Hell...That was too close..." He said, following with several heavy breath.

He soon reckoned that his vehicle is several meters away from the Mustang and that he should check out the driver and the passenger in the car. He shifted the gear and reversed, stopping in front of the car, pulled up the e-brake and stepped out.

The driver was still intact, but the passenger seems to be severely wounded. In the confusion, It seems that the injured person was the one who's on TV just a while ago. He rushed to the car and knocked on the window before shouting in.

"Hey! HEY! Are you alright in there?" shouted Anthony, and patiently waited for a response.
Literally fading away...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Keith rolled down the window, nodding. "I'm fine, but I found this guy down the road a bit. And now, apparently, I'm outta fuel."

He stopped, maybe this guy could give them a ride. Maybe not, the guy looked a bit rough around the edges, but maybe he would. Brushing away the sweat the beaded over his eyebrows, Keith stepped out of the car.

"What're the odds you could give us a ride to the hospital? I really don't know what happened to the fella, but I'm pretty sure that it would be in our best interest to get him some help."

What had Keith gotten himself into? A ride to go get guitar strings turning into asking a stranger to help out another stranger, the day was getting grappier and crappier.

"Look, you don't even have to take me if you don't want to, I just want to see to it that the guy get's some help."

He stopped talking, figuring that it would be the better option. He was sure that the man view him as an annoyance by now. With that, he kept his mouth shut and waited for the man's response.

Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Anthony knows that the passenger was actually injured, according to the driiver's statement. Soon the driver steps out and starting to question about him, then he simply went silent, presumably to prevent himself from causing my annoyance, but Anthony actually did not feel annoyed at all and simply smiled.

"Well, I think I can help you two with your problems. But first of all, We need to get the guy to the doctors fast. For your car, If you have anything to tie it with mine, I guess we can tow it along. So, You got towing kits or any accessories in the trunk?"

Then Anthony went silent and waited for the driver to response. But morality caught his mind and forced him to say...

"...By the way, I actually almost smashed you in the back while I was driving. Sorry about it, Didn't see you car. No hard feelings, A'right?"
Literally fading away...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"No hard feelings," Keith said, smiling "I really should've moved my car...so I guess that's my fault."

Keith thought to himself for a second, what was he doing? A man was injured and he was just sitting around.

"Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of tow rope." he frowned and shook his head, trying to think about what they could do with his car. It had cost him a pretty penny on a musician's budget and he didn't intend to leave in the mittle of the road.

"Tell you what, I'll get this car pushed off to the shoulder, you drive your car 'round to the side as well. We'll load him up, get him to the hospital, then, if its not too much trouble, you could drive me to the gas station. I'll get some fuel and then you can drive me back here. After that, we'll just roll with it. Sound like a plan?"

Before the man could answer, Keith put the car into neutral and stepped outside again. He struggled and struggled, but eventually managed to get the car off to the side of the road. He put the car back into 1st gear, shut the door, and sat on the hood, waiting for the man to bring his car off to the side.

Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

"That ain't a problem at all, dude." Anthony said, sounding content. But before he returns back to his vehicle, the man added that if he could get some fuel after dropping off the injured, then he just pushed his car off the road.

Anthony knows that he should've done the same. Simply jumps back into his ride, released the handbrake and push the pedal whilst turning slightly, and within seconds, He managed to get his car on the shoulder of the road and stepped out to continue a chat with the person.

"Now, Where were we...Ah, right. Let's get the fella to the doc. Then if there's nothing else, we can head to the gas station and get some fuel for your car. Let's not waste anymore time. Get him out." said Anthony, approaching the person's vehicle.
Literally fading away...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Easy enough for me." Keith said, walking over to the other side of the car.

He opened the door and slowly dragged the man out, and with some difficulty managed to get him over to the other man's car. Dumping him in the passenger seat, he shut the door and jogged back to his car. He removed his keys from the ignition, put them in his pocket and headed back toward the man, hurrying before he got into the car or something.

Extending his hand, Keith spoke. "I feel that now, since you're willing to give me a hand, that an introduction is in order. M'name's Keith Kristofferson, maybe....hopefully you've heard of me?" he asked smiling, even during this stressing time he tried to lighten the mood. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to know the name of the man who's car he was about to jump into.

Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Anthony leaning against the driver's side door, waiting. First he'd like to offer help, but after a glance. Seems that the person could handle things skillfully. He did felt a little guilty for not helping, but the priority is getting the injured to the hospital.

Soon the person hurried towards him, gave a short introduction and smiled. Anthony did the same and reached for the person's hand. Now that he knew the name and feels acquainted. "Nice meeting you, Mr. Kristofferson. I think I heard of you before, but..hmm...I wasn't so familiar. But I hope you won't mind if I'll call you by your first name, a'right? For me, The name's Anthony Wolfe." He said and gave a smile.
Literally fading away...
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Cary came out of his daze for a short time. He noticed that he was in a car and there where two guys talking. He could not see who they were because his vision was blurry. As he sat there he looked at rear view mirror anf saw a white hooded figure approach them. As he tryed to talk he found that he was unable to. All the energy he tried to use just made him more dazed and weak. He collasped hitting the dashboard. Cary then fell into a state of unconsciousness.
-Dr. L. David Mech
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Pleasure to meet you, Anthony."

Hearing foot steps behind him, he spun around to see a white hooded firgure. It took him a moment to realize that it was in fact a Ku Klux Klan member, or what appeared to be one. His heart racing, he spoke.

"Can I help you, sir?"

WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

Taren looked into the direction of the voices wandering whats going on. He moves as silently as teh wind and notices a group of beings but couldn't make out the species so he howled to make sure they knew that the forest in that they were in belonged to him and him alone. "How can i help you gents?" Taren appeared from the covers of the shadows.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

The conversation was going pretty well, just when the white supremacists appeared and approaches them. Anthony sensed the hostility. To him, Those people aren't seems to be friendly at all.

"Hey, Keith. I don't think those guys gonna be good, We should seriously move...now. They might be coming for the guy. Let's go!" said Anthony, almost indistinct to prevent unnecessary attention while reaching the door and slowly opens it.

But suddenly, He heard a howl, and someone appeared from the shadows.

"Oh damn, This better not get complicated..."
Literally fading away...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod heart raced even faster as he reached for the back door of the car. He could see a shotgun in the back...if only he could make it inside the car.

"Dude, let's go. I'm not in the mood be be chopped up by a clansman." he looked at the stranger who'd walked in on the scene "Ignore the other guy too, I have a feeling it won't end well."

He hopped into the back seat of the car and shouted as he closed the door.

"Sorry, we don't talk to strangers!"

He reached next to him and grabbed the shotgun, ready to pump a shell into the chamber.

"We should probably go."
Last edited by darkest wolf on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

As the clansmen approach them, Anthony hopped into his convertible and closed the door, revving up the engine. He took a glance at Cary, hoping that he would be alright till they reach the hospital.

"Hang on tight."

He soon shifted the gear and stomped the gas.
Literally fading away...