Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Great, they beat me to it. :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Heard about that ages ago. Now why can't we buy them yet?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Heh, when I read the title of this thread I pictured a car with boat sails on top of it. lol

Pretty cool 8)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Silverclaw wrote:Heh, when I read the title of this thread I pictured a car with boat sails on top of it. lol
How awesome would that be to see a street full of sailboat type cars all waiting for the light? :o
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Man, those are some tiny cars. I don't know if I'd want to go 65 mph in one of those. If it hit a pothole at that speed it just might go airborne. :P

Goofy appearance and questionable top-speed aside, however, I'd love to see these made in the U.S. In fact, it actually wouldn't surprise me if some American motor companies have developed similar prototypes.

What I would wager is holding them up is the refusal by the oil companies to expand any of their current existing gas stations to included a compressed air pump. That's what's holding it up: the compressed air car can only be refueled at a specially equipped station, so as long as the oil companies are refusing to pursue it as an investment for themselves and using their political ties to prevent anyone else from doing so, it won't happen.

2009 baby. January 10th, 2009, and maybe-maybe-maybe we'll finally get to see some improvements.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I definitely want that car. But I'm afraid the Elite is going increase the price way over than the Hybrids and boycott in some parts of the world.

It saves money, gas, and highly efficient. Air powered cars are not to be underestimated.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

january feburary march april may pbnj bagel yumyumyumyum

also kewl cars.. stll hopin for jet car tho
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Nice idea for a city car, but it isn't Zero-Pollution. It just doesn't pollute HERE. The electricity to run it will probably come from a coal or gas-fired generating plant.

One of the problems with cars like this in the U.S. is our insistence on protection (roll-cages, door panels, etc.) that aren't as stringently written in other countries. Weight is the enemy of a car like this, and we'd add hundreds of pounds to such a vehicle with things like that alone. On the bright side, air bags would probably be cheaper in such a car. Then there is the fact that there are a series of very high pressure air reservoirs under the vehicle, and people would expect them to explode in a crash.

That's a pity; since the idea is good, practical, and effective. We may see thses vehicles first as "Service Vehicles" used off the heavily regulated streets, as replacements for battery-powered electric "Golf Cart" type vehicles now in use.

Who knows, in a few years we may indeed be riding in a compressed air-powered car. The only major problem I can see is the American requirement that even a "city" car be able to travel from here to West Armpit and back to visit one's family at a moment's notice. While I don't doubt the car could do it, sharing the highways with Figarou's gas truck in such a light vehicle might make me a little nervous. Then too; lightweight vehicles tend to be "bouncy" on the freeway because their light weight won't tame our American decaying, decomposing, highway net.

We'll see... ??
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Keep in mind that the car is being made in India, where most people are too piss-poor to afford a car period. What we consider a standard, most people in India would consider excessive and beyond reason.

So while they probably will be small compared to the big fat abominations that (to my utter amazement) still clog up America's roadways, I'm sure in the hands of an American and/or Japanese manufacturer, they would be that much closer to our expectations.

The problem is just actually getting said manufacturers to consider it, and that in turn involves getting the energy companies to format for it. The automotive industry isn't really at fault for us not having them because, after all, where's the logic in buying a car that can't be refueled?